• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
The Alpha version should of been labeled Beta version and the beta version should of been labeled alpha as alpha is for a finished version while beta is not.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Another good game that I will bookmark and keeping my eyes for more updates in the future, it was really good with lot of story branches and you can't never feel tired replay it over and over to check on other path to see how difference the story progress

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Did you um any chance look at the top tags and see if the animated tag was there?
ehhh. Normally I'd agree with that sentiment but I have found a few games on here that have some animated scenes, yet the tag is missing. Though it still early in development, i think they are just making sure...could be planned who knows?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
The Alpha version should of been labeled Beta version and the beta version should of been labeled alpha as alpha is for a finished version while beta is not.
Alpha means that not all planned game features are yet included. Beta means all planned game features are present, but all planned content is not. Alpha builds precede beta builds.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Ashes [v0.12 Beta] [Sine nomine] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 667 MB / 175 MB - Ashes-0.12_Beta-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 632 MB / 141 MB - Ashes-0.12_Beta-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
The voting options are a bit too vague - in short, I might the minority here. But I want the RPGM style of gameplay back! Atleast there you've had a "freedom" of choise! Instead of a VN where you just go click click click. But do what you wish, dev! ^_^

Nomine sine

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2020
The voting options are a bit too vague - in short, I might the minority here. But I want the RPGM style of gameplay back! Atleast there you've had a "freedom" of choise! Instead of a VN where you just go click click click. But do what you wish, dev! ^_^
Weapons.png

RPGM hah... I even made a weapon system for it. You can see it above. Also, I made a skills and attributes system... But RPGM has a lot of problems. First of all its Edits window is small, if you need to change smth you first copy it to word, change it, and then copy it back to rpgm. The other problem is that it uses only 1 processor core! Therefore, if you add a lighting system, even modern computers begin to lag. The other problem is save files. For every new update a player needs to find his previous saves and move them to a new version.

If I collect enough money, I will switch to unity to make a fallout type of game. Attributes, skills, inventory, exploration, quests, and sex ) Maybe in a few months I'll try to get it to go to Kickstarter. Will see. Maybe nobody wants it.

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
View attachment 1511307

RPGM hah... I even made a weapon system for it. You can see it above. Also, I made a skills and attributes system... But RPGM has a lot of problems. First of all its Edits window is small, if you need to change smth you first copy it to word, change it, and then copy it back to rpgm. The other problem is that it uses only 1 processor core! Therefore, if you add a lighting system, even modern computers begin to lag. The other problem is save files. For every new update a player needs to find his previous saves and move them to a new version.

If I collect enough money, I will switch to unity to make a fallout type of game. Attributes, skills, inventory, exploration, quests, and sex ) Maybe in a few months I'll try to get it to go to Kickstarter. Will see. Maybe nobody wants it.
never understood that saves "problem". real simple to get around it. if you are going to keep the unpacked, ctrl+c crtl+v the save file to the new version. approximate time to apply workaround ~5 seconds. if you are going to delete the unpacked game until the next version comes out, have a folder with save files on your computer somewhere, rename the save folder to include the game name, ctrl+c ctrl+v to the folder, store it there, delete game. file size is kb on those folders, so if you cant keep 100 of those you have way more serious issues to address. then when then update comes out, ctrl+c ctrl+v the save file into the game and delete the name that you previously added. approximate time to apply workaround ~15 seconds. if youre slow.

considering i was a much larger fan of the rpgm version of the game, than the renpy novel, since it lost the game aspect, i would probably appreciate the fallout style version more. but im not a patreon or anything, so listening to me over people who are paying you doesnt really make sense. just throwing my opinion into the mix.

either way, good luck with the novel.

as an aside, that guy that said that i was wrong and dont know what an rpg is because the game never had combat, levels, skills, etc., pretty sure that screenshot means hes an idiot. victory. that is all.

Reactions: COOLMASTER

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm pretty sure that the guy who thinks that a screenshot of an unimplemented game mechanic introduces RPG-style combat with skills and abilities is arguing from absolute ignorance. Non-role-playing games don't become role-playing games because of unimplemented features. I've already cited authoritative sources that describe the five features of RPGs and demonstrated that the original version of this game had only one.

I'm also pretty sure that the guy who thinks that a visual novels are novels and not game is arguing from absolute ignorance. As Wiktionary points out:
visual novel noun
A video game, usually of Japanese origin, that is of interactive fiction, is predominantly or entirely narrative, and is illustrated by static images that are often of anime style.
(my emphasis)

For those with reading comprehension problems, they can listen to the same definition at

Victory. That is all.

Reactions: jaycyke

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
View attachment 1511307

Unity?? Well, there is another reason to add to the list of "buy a bigger and badder rig". I'm cool with either RPGM or Unity aslong as it doesn't have VN. I'm not speaking for everyone - but I can't stand VN 3D renders, unless it offers... you know... the freedom to explore and interact.

Reactions: Joeburqa
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes