4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
The "caught1" error is due to the inclusion of the caught1 variable being added to the game.
Basically, when you are in the locker room with the blonde girl, you are either caught peeking or you are not. At that point of the game, it now stamps your play through with a yes or a no. Then at the blowjob scene, it asks the play through if you are stamped with a yes or a no and changes the plot depending upon the answer.
Now this is where the problem comes in. If you are using a save file from a previous version that starts AFTER the locker room scene, you won't have that stamp as it was only added to the game in V0.06.

In other words, if you wish to correct the error, you'll need to start again I'm afraid. Sorry.
ok then

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
On a sad note, I've decided to put the project "on hold" until the situation improves. Of course I will continue to develop the game and create content for it but as the limiting factor is funding for the increased bills and such created by the production of the game, production will be at a lower rate.

Since the amount of content being made will be minimal (yes, even smaller than I have currently been making!), I think it is best to hold on to it all and release it all as a V0.07 when the situation improves in future. I have the last scene completed and started the night scenes which include the dream sequence. This includes the first occasion of sex.

I would like to thank you all for your support so far. It has been great to have the moral support of so many and to hear your awesome feedback. I hope, upon returning in future, that I may count on your continued support then.

Assuming Gender WILL return.

On another unrelated note, here are a few screenshots from a little something I made today with Unity. This is purely to show the type of game I am hoping to eventually create further down the line. Most of it is simply imported assets as i only had a few hours to create something. I don't mind using assets for things like trees, rocks or even the ocean/water but characters and buildings would be made from scratch to be unique to my games.
A tropical island.
3.jpg
Surrounded by ocean. The trees are hazy in the distance (Draw distance, detail distance and billboard distance all reduced) as it is to reduce strain on your PC when using VR.
2.jpg 4.jpg
Aaaand a simple 3D character. Didn't spend long on her. Eyelashes are crap and she has no hair. Her skin could do with a darker shade too. She's a simple import where as I would manually create new characters for my games.
5.jpg 1.jpg

This is about far as I am going to take it though until Assuming Gender is up and running again. I only made this minimalistic game to show that Renpy isn't the only engine I'll use in future. Assuming Gender is first and foremost in my mind.

Dec 30, 2017
Kinda short, really disappointed that the game was tagged with gay and MMF etc but didn't have any in the demo.
Maybe if someone can change that or have it label "Up coming Content".

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
Hey there @spicyotaku ,
did you silently return to work on this project?
Asking because Patreon took my 5 USD pledge this month for the first time since you paused.
If you're actually working on this I'm fine with paying that money to support you, because I really liked where this was going.
But at least some notice would've been nice then.

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

We're halfway through this month and there hasn't been any real change to the funding for the game (both my own financial situation and Patreon). There is no point delaying the inevitable.
As such, This Patreon page is being placed on hold. I do not want anyone to continue to be charged when production isn't at the highest it can be.

Regarding production of AG (Assuming Gender), this will continue but at a much slower rate for cost cutting reasons. While it'll technically be "on hold", I can't leave it alone. Couldn't if I tried. Too invested. The continuation of the last scene has been completed and work has begun on the first night/dream scene which includes the first sex scenes. These scenes will be stockpiled along with any other scenes I do over time until the situation changes and production ramps up again.

There is no ETA for the situation improving. We'll just have to play it by ear.

Thank you for your support so far. It has meant a lot to me and I am truly sorry it has come to this. SpicyOtakuGames and Assuming Gender WILL return!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
@Mikedazz1
That was the last status update from February (about the same time he posted it here in the forums: )
And while the project was/is on hold, patreon usually doesn't withdraw any funds for those projects (at least for this project they didn't withdraw any money from me between february and this month).
It's also the last thing I've heard from SpicyOtaku himself.

Now that patreon DID draw in money from me, I'm wondering if that is a problem at patreon or if this was actually on purpose and SpicyOtaku has got more content ready or has more time to spend on this project that he feels it's now right to start taking money again.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
I tried, but haven't heard back yet. That's the only reason I posted here in the first place, hoping that someone else had heard from/about him.
I posted a public comment and sent a message to him (Though, I only sent the message on wednesday, since I didn't know about that functionality until Patreon support pointed me to it)

I also asked Patreon support if this was a technical problem or if this on-hold status would auto-expire etc.
The support person could see "no indication that the re-start of pledge processing was initiated by Patreon".
So that must mean he deliberately removed the on-hold status, right?

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
I tried, but haven't heard back yet. That's the only reason I posted here in the first place, hoping that someone else had heard from/about him.
I posted a public comment and sent a message to him (Though, I only sent the message on wednesday, since I didn't know about that functionality until Patreon support pointed me to it)

I also asked Patreon support if this was a technical problem or if this on-hold status would auto-expire etc.
The support person could see "no indication that the re-start of pledge processing was initiated by Patreon".
So that must mean he deliberately removed the on-hold status, right?
Why not try tagging him so he gets a notification that your trying to get a hold of him here, if he hasnt been watching the thread he won't know otherwise

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
Why not try tagging him so he gets a notification that your trying to get a hold of him here, if he hasnt been watching the thread he won't know otherwise
Been there, done that:

But no updates otherwise. Patreon notifications and messages seem to not reach him either.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote