4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
Your forum software has a few config problems:
#1 The login redirect URL is missing a slash. Currently it forwards to http:/spicyotakugames.com/Community (http:// definitely needs the second slash)
#2 The patreon intergration doesn't do anything for me. Sign up via patreon did give me the usual OAuth permission screen, but didn't get me any account on your forums. Login using patreon doesn't seem to work either (at least it doesn't create a new account or link my handmade account)

Reactions: spicyotaku

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Your forum software has a few config problems:
#1 The login redirect URL is missing a slash. Currently it forwards to http:/spicyotakugames.com/Community (http:// definitely needs the second slash)
#2 The patreon intergration doesn't do anything for me. Sign up via patreon did give me the usual OAuth permission screen, but didn't get me any account on your forums. Login using patreon doesn't seem to work either (at least it doesn't create a new account or link my handmade account)
#1 I cannot find this login redirect you speak of. Login is only accessible either via a direct link or via the forums which redirect to /Forum. If you are still encountering this issue, please feel free to provide more information such as what page you are signing in from and the steps you take so that I may attempt to duplicate the error.

#2 The Patreon integration as been fixed...a bit. The website required users to be logged in to the website first before allowing to log in via patreon which makes zero sense. It'll now allow users to register and log in to the forums via their patreon account. You can edit user names via your account settings if you so wish to not appear as "Patreon-user28346". Sadly I do not yet know how I can work it to link a patreon account with a pre-existing account so I doesn't really help you.
If you create a new website account via patreon, please let me know so that i may upgrade that new account and delete your old one.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Tell Mike to take a look for you at the menu, it should only take a couple of minutes to translate it properly.
Few things stand out as a google translated!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you very much for the assistance. Changes you suggested have now been made.
The menu translation now looks as follows:

AlexanderGr

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you very much for the assistance. Changes you suggested have now been made.
The menu translation now looks as follows:
Made a couple of changes if you're still interested but overall it's good.
Hope it helps and i'm really looking forward for the next version!

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Made a couple of changes if you're still interested but overall it's good.
And those changes have now been incorporated too! Thank you again! Check your messages around the 30th. I'll send the bug tester version out to you if you want it. Give you an early view in appreciation for your assistance. I'll have to ask that you keep it to yourself though please as I don't release here till the 16th in tandem with the $1 Patreon tier.

I haven't had that great a time lately with losing the pooch and such so I've fallen behind a bit. I'll be pulling an all nighter tonight to hopefully catch up.

Currently sitting at 71 new unique images. Around 10 have been deleted as they were inferior quality so I'm hoping to get them done again. Kinda wishing I'd just left them in so that if I do not manage to replace them all, at least the scene is still complete. I haven't exactly been thinking straight.
French translation has been added along with a rudimentary French menu.

To do:
German translation has been completed and needs to be implemented along with a basic menu.
New script for V0.06 will be fleshed out on the 29th when I reach the deadline for image creation.
Game will be compiled on the 30th and sent out to bug testers (Personal friends and translators who have signed up to the SpicyOtakuGames forums) and played by myself.
V0.06's script shared via SpicyOtakuGames forums with translators to prepare it for inclusion with the V0.07 release.
30th-31st will be for bug fixing and preparing for release to top tier Patrons.
1st Release day.

Reactions: AlexanderGr

AlexanderGr

Oct 27, 2017
And those changes have now been incorporated too! Thank you again! Check your messages around the 30th. I'll send the bug tester version out to you if you want it. Give you an early view in appreciation for your assistance. I'll have to ask that you keep it to yourself though please as I don't release here till the 16th in tandem with the $1 Patreon tier.

I haven't had that great a time lately with losing the pooch and such so I've fallen behind a bit. I'll be pulling an all nighter tonight to hopefully catch up.

Currently sitting at 71 new unique images. Around 10 have been deleted as they were inferior quality so I'm hoping to get them done again. Kinda wishing I'd just left them in so that if I do not manage to replace them all, at least the scene is still complete. I haven't exactly been thinking straight.
French translation has been added along with a rudimentary French menu.

To do:
German translation has been completed and needs to be implemented along with a basic menu.
New script for V0.06 will be fleshed out on the 29th when I reach the deadline for image creation.
Game will be compiled on the 30th and sent out to bug testers (Personal friends and translators who have signed up to the SpicyOtakuGames forums) and played by myself.
V0.06's script shared via SpicyOtakuGames forums with translators to prepare it for inclusion with the V0.07 release.
30th-31st will be for bug fixing and preparing for release to top tier Patrons.
1st Release day.
Thank you and i'm happy to assist in any way possible. You can pm me for further help with the translation or help with some of the coding.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm afraid I'll have to revise my plan a bit.
I'm sitting on 79 new unique images, adding them alongside the script. Currently at 24/79 with over 1,000 words. Could be looking at another 3,000 before finishing. This means a very busy day tomorrow to get it out for bug testing in time.

Regarding the German translation, this won't be in this version. I only got halfway through incorporating the text before time constraints caused me to place it on hold to focus on the release window. Normal service shall resume as of 1st Feb.

Reactions: vibrioj

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Version 0.06 is a go. Bug fix copies have been released to translators and those assisting with the game via our forums (staff section is locked/hidden to those verified).

This step in the process is done to find any spelling errors, grammatical errors, game breaking glitches and errors within images such as poke-throughs.

Once feedback has been returned and any found errors corrected, a final version will be compiled for release to the public.

edit 1st Feb.*
Version 0.06 has gone live for Patrons of the $40 and $20 tiers.

This version will drop down to $10 and $5 by Feb 8th and to the $1 tier by Feb 16th.

This update is the biggest update produced yet. File size of V0.05 was 75-90mb while V0.06 is 166-180mb.

Change-log:

Inclusion of French translation and basic French Menu.

Inclusion of a Credits page.

Deputy Head Avatars now correctly showing.

79 new unique images.

An additional 402 lines of coding making up 3,467 words.

Continuation of both storylines for another 5-10 minutes of gameplay. This includes the first encounter of a sexual nature with one of the other characters.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Patreon post:
They say bad luck comes in three's. With this being number 2, I worry what number 3 will be.

Version 0.06 is going live to ALL. While this goes against the Patreon rewards, It's a last ditch attempt at trying to get some exposure. It's desperately needed and I'll explain why below.

A bill arrived through my letterbox this morning (1st Feb). An electricity bill for the past few months. Now I pay a set amount each month and any extra required gets sent to me via a postal bill. So I get these quite often to the tune of an extra £10-£20 or so. Depends how much we've used the tumble dryer.

These past few months however have seen a stark increase in usage of the PC. It's been on overnight more times than I can count while rendering and so on. I expected an increased bill but not as large as what has arrived. £296. I can't afford this.

Now this isn't your problem. It's mine. I can't however keep this up. I stated " I am one person and while I intend to make this game to fruition with or without donations ". Something I forgot with this statement is that nothing is free and electricity is a lot more expensive than I'd thought. I simply can't afford to shoulder the cost of development alone anymore. Donations made so far on Patreon barely dent this monthly cost.

As such, I have 1 month left to try and turn this around. If monthly funding doesn't cover monthly development costs by the end of the month of Feb, I'll have to put development on hold until I am in a better financial position to pick it up again. This Patreon page will also be put on hold until that time as I couldn't continue to take money while production has halted.

I don't hold out any hope for this to end positively for the project. This saddens me because I have enjoyed the work so far and enjoyed the feedback from everyone.

I'm very sorry guys. I just can't afford to keep this up.
I'll be updated the OP shortly with new links to V0.06
I'll keep working on V0.07 for a March 1st release but unless the funding situation improves, V0.07 will be the last for a while.

Reactions: Razielprince

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
To be fair you shot yourself in the foot asking those tier prices. 20 and 40 a month is just way over the limit, people won't do that. Too little too late lowering now I'm afraid, but I do wish you the best of luck.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
To be fair you shot yourself in the foot asking those tier prices. 20 and 40 a month is just way over the limit, people won't do that. Too little too late lowering now I'm afraid, but I do wish you the best of luck.
There has always been $1, $5 and $10 tiers too. Having higher tiers than these doesn't stop individuals from joining the lower tiers. It's not like you could only donate $20 or $40 only. As for "lowering"? How can i make a tier lower than $1?

Reactions: Razielprince

Iggybousse

Jun 16, 2017
There has always been $1, $5 and $10 tiers too. Having higher tiers than these doesn't stop individuals from joining the lower tiers. It's not like you could only donate $20 or $40 only. As for "lowering"? How can i make a tier lower than $1?
I'm just saying, most developers don't ask such prices for top tier rewards. Especially not newer ones who haven't proven themselves yet. It puts people off.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm just saying, most developers don't ask such prices for top tier rewards. Especially not newer ones who haven't proven themselves yet. It puts people off.
Ok, I'll shift everything down a tier or two then? Would that be appropriate? I want to keep making this game.

Razielprince

Nov 4, 2017
@spicyotaku just remove the last tier or something all the rest can remain since 20 bucks a month isnt a lot. Maybe like 5 or 6 beer cans which we can all agree, we can do without if this game will turn into something better and brighter in the future. I would pledge myself but I sadly am unemployed at the moment and can only afford to support 2 or 3 projects which are my favorite and I would feel bad to give up on one of them. But maybe I will have more luck in March and maybe pledge then.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The top 2 tiers have been removed. This leaves the $1, $5 and $10 tiers. Tier rewards have trickled down. You guys have have steered me right in the past. If $20 and $40 is too rich then it is too rich, I get it. They were only there because I was using a similar set-up to other game developers. I think @Iggybousse may have a point though about it putting people off for what is basically a new project so I will take his advice in this regard.

Razielprince

Nov 4, 2017
Hey how about instead of just making a last release on march 1st and then putting it on hold why not make a release at 1 and a half month each(+/- a few days), untill you create a bigger fanbase and when u finally have enough funding you can try to make the release on each update earlier. That way you dont have to drop the project and still continue making new content, at a slower of course, but still better and being put on hold for a time. Maybe the popularity will increase once you have more story, gameplay and days in the game(also choices, the more time you spend in the game and the bigger the variety of choices, the better). So I say do this instead if you see no other solution ok @spicyotaku ? I honestly like the game and the premise, I would hate to see it put on hold.

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I haven't notice this game before, but when I read the description, I knew I had to try it... I hope the MC can become a favourite gender there is, an attack helicopter. xD

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
It's sad that this project may be going under. I really enjoyed the story, but I completely understand what the dev is saying. There seem to be more and more game devs popping up and pretty quickly abandoning their projects when when they don't make money quickly enough. With so many well established games out there now, it's getting harder for them to compete with the amount of content. Sucks all around.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote