4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Gemerbot

Sep 4, 2017
I agree the redone Rachel is much better. Good on ya. You may consider altering your title as the assuming gender does imply more of a trans theme, unless that's what you're going for. I'm only saying this because I made assumptions based on title, and decided it wasn't really my bag before even reading the description, but after having played it i can see where the name stems from. The renders look really good for someone new to the process. Don't lose motivation, you have what it takes to do really well in this space. Thanks for the tease and try to stay focused. Rachel is still likely to feel cliche' after friends mom in Dreams of desire, and secretary in The Gift Reloaded. Also the super bitchy one, is a common trope. I know we need one that's not a push over, but makes the game feel more like a list of adult game check boxes. Good luck trying to give them at least some depth thru dialog alone. So far seems fun, but sister is only one the audience is eager to get at imho. The barista was cute though.

"The car park is on the other side of the campus. Am I hell walking to town, it'd take me hours."
Is that meant to be "Like hell I am walking to town"?

Reactions: spicyotaku

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I agree the redone Rachel is much better. Good on ya. You may consider altering your title as the assuming gender does imply more of a trans theme, unless that's what you're going for. I'm only saying this because I made assumptions based on title, and decided it wasn't really my bag before even reading the description, but after having played it i can see where the name stems from. The renders look really good for someone new to the process. Don't lose motivation, you have what it takes to do really well in this space. Thanks for the tease and try to stay focused. Rachel is still likely to feel cliche' after friends mom in Dreams of desire, and secretary in The Gift Reloaded. Also the super bitchy one, is a common trope. I know we need one that's not a push over, but makes the game feel more like a list of adult game check boxes. Good luck trying to give them at least some depth thru dialog alone. So far seems fun, but sister is only one the audience is eager to get at imho. The barista was cute though.

"The car park is on the other side of the campus. Am I hell walking to town, it'd take me hours."
Is that meant to be "Like hell I am walking to town"?
I think I'll keep the name.
I understand your misgivings regarding it but you STILL tried the game. Even under the illusion of it being a trans game, you still gave it a shot. That's the kind of person I want to play the game.
That's not to say that there is a type I do not want to play the game but an open minded person is an easier and more understanding audience to work with than a closed minded person. Viewer numbers may well increase if I renamed it "Vagina Miner 2000" but then I imagine we'd see a lot of hate in this thread, especially towards Sophie, the gay interest and eventual inclusion of the other individuals of indeterminate gender. The title seems to be working as a unexpected filter of sorts and as I get over the teething pains such as remodelling Rachel, a welcome one.

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Regarding the "Am I hell" vs "Like hell am I", they are one in the same to me. "Am I hell" is an often used expression. It may however be a regional thing. Given the fact you've raised the issue (I always X10 any complaints to account for those who remain silent) and that it doesn't detract from the sentence, I'll change it for the next release. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reactions: botc76 and UncleVT

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Here is a pic of an updated scene with the new Rachel.
dorm7.jpg
On another note, I'm working on translations too. Polish and Norwegian are currently in the works and progressing well. I'm actively searching for people fluent in French, Spanish and German to assist in their translations too.

mastacheata

Aug 22, 2017
Here is a pic of an updated scene with the new Rachel.
View attachment 50506
On another note, I'm working on translations too. Polish and Norwegian are currently in the works and progressing well. I'm actively searching for people fluent in French, Spanish and German to assist in their translations too.
So you speak Polish, English AND Norwegian yourself?

I"m happy to assist with translating from English to German, never learned any other useful language (took latin in school, that helps with making sense out of Google translate from related languages like italian, french, spanish etc., but sadly is of no use for actual communication)

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
So you speak Polish, English AND Norwegian yourself?

I"m happy to assist with translating from English to German, never learned any other useful language (took latin in school, that helps with making sense out of Google translate from related languages like italian, french, spanish etc., but sadly is of no use for actual communication)
I only speak English. I'm what is known as a monoglot (Speaker of only one language). A couple of friends who are Norwegian and Polish are assisting me with translating.

On the subject of translating, user @MikePower is assisting with a Greek translation.

I'd be very grateful for your help in translating to German! I'll message you directly.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Here is a comparison shot. Before and after.
comparison.jpg

Greek translation has been completed thanks to Mike. I'm encountering quite a few issues with implementing it however. Spent the past 4 hours trying to add it but hitting a persistent wall so seeking outside assistance via renpy forums with the coding. Given that it's Christmas, I don't anticipate anything for a few days at least.
And on that note, Merry Christmas everyone!
QMN32-hY4ddNexRGRVOTLo6Apkdx8lTDev4Hien3zJD4E__wp9EpUNItMw8qwyq4.jpg
While I doubt any of you will get a gift wrapped Sophie for Christmas, I hope you all get everything you want and then some!

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Here is a comparison shot. Before and after.
View attachment 51960

Greek translation has been completed thanks to Mike. I'm encountering quite a few issues with implementing it however. Spent the past 4 hours trying to add it but hitting a persistent wall so seeking outside assistance via renpy forums with the coding. Given that it's Christmas, I don't anticipate anything for a few days at least.
And on that note, Merry Christmas everyone!
View attachment 51961
While I doubt any of you will get a gift wrapped Sophie for Christmas, I hope you all get everything you want and then some!
Shaniqua turned into Beyonce

Reactions: xןʞ

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hello all!
Been a little quiet, sorry about that.
Version 0.05 Was released a day early to the Patreon members with the correct access. It will filter down as per usual for a release here on the 16th.

Just a heads up however, the story does not progress. It is fundamentally a language implementation, fixing and replacing update. What was to be in this months update has been pushed back to next months release along with as much of next months content as I can manage. It is already on track to be my biggest update yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have been informed that the German translation is approximately 66% completed.
I am also anticipating the completion of the Norwegian and Polish translations this month.

In other news, I have been tinkering with 360 panoramic images on my original PC. Results came out horrific (it still has that terrible graphics card) and spent an evening trying to incorporate it within the game. best I can seem to do so far is a click and drag system which fails with a panoramic image. A slightly distorted image at the top and bottom with a landscape draggable image may give the impression/feeling of looking side to side but nothing truly panoramic.
I'll keep trying while my main PC renders. I think it could really improve certain scenes.
I have a feeling this may be a limitation within Renpy and I won't be able to do true 3D or panoramic gameplay until my eventual future move to Unity or Unreal.

Until then, I think I may keep doing the panoramic images for "interesting" scenes and put them in an extra folder as another thank you to Patrons. Should be able to view them properly using any VR kit ranging from Samsung's gear VR to occulus rift. If i can figure out how to add to the game, then everyone can enjoy them.

Reactions: UncleVT

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
What's the name of the song played in the main menu?
My apologies, I haven't gotten around to making a "credits" page to correctly credit those assisting with the project and for any assets used such as the main menu music.

The song is "Adventures" by A. Himitsu. It is a copyright free asset and so can be freely used and downloaded by anyone. If I ever reach a point that I am able to make a living from this game then I will attempt to contact him/her to ask permission for its inclusion. Until then, this project remains too small to justify bothering him/her.

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Ermmm yeah. A definite improvement. Couldn't have pulled this look off with the previous version of Rachel. For that, I am grateful to you all for the suggestion of improving her.
dormreturn10.png

Update as of 9th Jan.

A temporary credits page has been added to the main menu to properly credit those who have helped so far per release and it'll be accessible in the V0.06 release. I say temporary because it's very basic and needs further work. Some names are missing either because their contributions have not yet been completed and added to a release or they have expressly wished to remain anonymous.
Donors have been added to the credits page in a cumulative format. I feel it is correct to properly credit their total contributions rather than their current donation level and the current pool is small enough that I am able to do this. This is not a reward so I am left able to make adjustments should the situation change in future.

An individual has graciously stepped forward to offer their assistance and time with a French translation! Still awaiting a reply to see if they wish to be named but at least we can now mark the translation as "in progress" alongside German, Polish and Norwegian.

Panoramic images have now been linked to the $5+ patron mark. It's an open folder on Mega that'll be updated as and when new images are made. It's nothing game changing, just an extra thank you.

Current progress? What was to be last months work is completed and already started on this months. I am, as a result, only 9 days behind schedule now and progressing well. Quite optimistic about it all being done on time.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
I hope someone steps up and helps the guy with Swahili translation, then we can share the next update with the rest of the world.

Reactions: Hentaiw/Senpai

spicyotaku

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I've posted this on the Patreon but I'll also post it here in case any patrons are more active here.

I'll be away from patreon and F95 until around the 20th. Patreon post in spoiler.

As this overlaps the general release of version 0.05 (Rachel character update), I'll be releasing it early.

Please remember, this is a character update only. The story does not progress in any way as I could not finish the new scenes in time.

Reactions: UncleVT
U

User_10739

I tend to mix this one up with My Sister, My Roommate, but then again, I drink quite heavily and I have to smoke outside and it's currently -43... (If you think slurpees give you brain freeze, try living here!)

Ok, on a more serious side, lost my first best friend, her @ 25 with a brain tumor so I can relate. My Dad of all people was devastated! (mind you they are both together again I'm sure, and mom is there too, probably still making him pick up the doody)
best wishes to you @spicyotaku

Downhilldown

Dec 6, 2017
I tend to mix this one up with My Sister, My Roommate, but then again, I drink quite heavily and I have to smoke outside and it's currently -43... (If you think slurpees give you brain freeze, try living here!)

Ok, on a more serious side, lost my first best friend, her @ 25 with a brain tumor so I can relate. My Dad of all people was devastated! (mind you they are both together again I'm sure, and mom is there too, probably still making him pick up the doody)
best wishes to you @spicyotaku
sorry for your loss Kasey...

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote