GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
How long is this game? I played for 5 hours straight and it seems to go on forever. The difficulty is all over the place too
Answering my own question, it's about 30 hours. Damn

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
How long is this game? I played for 5 hours straight and it seems to go on forever. The difficulty is all over the place too
Answering my own question, it's about 30 hours. Damn
This game is harder than any other game the dev made imo.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
This game is harder than any other game the dev made imo.
IMO Sequel Blight is a bit harder, mainly because that one is less streamlined.

Asylum is doable enough if you know how to use Aryaum's Jewel. Aryaum's Jewel boosts all your stats a little bit except for Luck - but if you go to the Mirage Grotto, this stat bonus increases with one point in every stat for every floor of the grotto that you complete. This bonus is permanent, and AFAIK it doesn't have a limit. So you can raise your stats indefinitely as long as you keep grinding in the grotto.

There's also the Left Eye, Right Eye and Third Eye miragebrands, which are just broken. You need to equip all three of them at once, but they'll give you a 50% bonus to all stats (even Luck!) + immunity to all basic ailments.

...but if you don't use that stuff, then yeah - things are going to get very very hard once you get to the reawakened Distortions.

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
The only hard part in blight is knowing where tf should I go 'coz even now, I still can't 100% it.
I didn't think it was that hard to figure out, but maybe that may just be because I'm used to classic JRPGs. The only hard part for me was beating the superboss, which took like 15 attempts, with a ton of theorizing, planning and preparations in between.

Reactions: cocotime

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I didn't think it was that hard to figure out, but maybe that may just be because I'm used to classic JRPGs. The only hard part for me was beating the superboss, which took like 15 attempts, with a ton of theorizing, planning and preparations in between.
I still haven't found all the pink cards so I can't 100% the gallery...
I think I'll just do a new game again and that time I'll take a full dam- hour EVERY stage just to make sure I don't miss anything.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
This bonus is permanent, and AFAIK it doesn't have a limit.
It does actually but it's determined based on the level of the maze which goes up to 100 at level one, then 200, 1000 for the next levels but if you're doing level 4 the cap is so high it basically is "limitless" as you can get your stats increased up to 50000 and at that point Malice can easily kill anything solo while being essentially invincible.

Reactions: Lunarius
May 13, 2018
God, the only actual downside of this game is probably THE LACK OF MAP

This potentially can be a great metroidvania-like JRPG but every time I boot the game I immediately feel demotivated cause I spent my stamina more in remembering what to do and where to go. The best way to play this game is either you take notes or turn into a no life and finish it in a single run.

Well the other reason is also because I played it with Sequel in my mind. I should've researched more since it made me unable to truly enjoy ASYLUM as a standalone. I think I'll skip the game for now, already done half-way anyway. I'll finish Kludge first so I can take my mind off from Sequel and focusing in Asylum later.

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
That's intended i guess. The way all maps are connected and partners not leveling up means you get more by exploring and farming the grotto if feel stuck. You're supposed to get lost

I wonder how the asylum felt or made for the prior victims

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
if anything, hakika took the smart approach to try different stuff in spin-off titles to not harm the formula that worked in sequel mainlines. L.depth being a horror one, asylum being a get lost type, and innocent rules be the monster catcher

Restia985

Jan 14, 2018
Ello, is it better to give the imp in tranquila directions to the flesh eating villa or to the miner one? I know he wants to go to the miner area but would it kill him or give me a bonus to send him to the other one?

Kinni

Jul 30, 2017
Ello, is it better to give the imp in tranquila directions to the flesh eating villa or to the miner one? I know he wants to go to the miner area but would it kill him or give me a bonus to send him to the other one?
The flesh eating villa is just what the name implies. He'll die. There's no bonus to be found.

4.20 star(s) 14 Votes