Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
You regain mana over time automatically, although at a pretty slow rate of 2–4 per turn generally. Alteration spells are much more efficient, of course. In fact, it's probably even very possible to kill the Gokthian Elite with any combination of 2–3 schools of at least level 5, especially if sword attacks are a fallback.
Raises hand. Fireball + Greater Ward + Massive Restore. If you're the direct damage type you'll live or die on these three.

Reactions: Kthulian

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Exactly: That's only useful if you're that type. If you're not, you need other ways to beat it, which was my whole point. Not all players are all about direct damage.
Mehhh... Armored Skeleton, Lizard and Force Crush might as well all be Fireball by other names. The effects are all identical and damage is comparable.
Unlike other magic systems, summons in Ataegina lower than Lvl10 don't use their bodies to shield their masters. About the only Lvl 5 spells that actually do that are Confusion from the Illusion School and Greater Ward from Alteration. The latter does no damage at all, and the former does per my observation less damage than its peers to the point that I'd rather cast Icy Wind and tank the remaining damage while hammering with a more powerful spell.
For sure though, Greater Ward and Massive Restore are keys to staying power if you're in for a long-ish battle.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Mehhh... Armored Skeleton, Lizard and Force Crush might as well all be Fireball by other names. The effects are all identical and damage is comparable.
Unlike other magic systems, summons in Ataegina lower than Lvl10 don't use their bodies to shield their masters. About the only Lvl 5 spells that actually do that are Confusion from the Illusion School and Greater Ward from Alteration. The latter does no damage at all, and the former does per my observation less damage than its peers to the point that I'd rather cast Icy Wind and tank the remaining damage while hammering with a more powerful spell.
For sure though, Greater Ward and Massive Restore are keys to staying power if you're in for a long-ish battle.
Do not forget the lvl 10 necromancy skill either.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Do not forget the lvl 10 necromancy skill either.
Lvl 10 Necromancy leeches mana instead of having a shielding property which is unique. Otherwise preventing damage is a fairly common feature for Lvl10 spells. Gigabolt(Battlemagic), Phantom Terrain(Illusion), Armored Warrior(Summoning), Rebound(Mysticism), Aura Shield(Healing) all do that, with Aura Shield having the additional side effect of converting damage to your HP. The Alteration one converts HP to Mana so that's the other oddity among Lvl10 spells.

As for extended usage of the Summon Wraith's mana leech, the problem there is that Lvl10 spells have a huge mana cost. Greater Ward gets you almost as much for a smaller casting cost and shielding property.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
What a nice discussion about ways to use the combat system, that means I'll have to add some more spells to it... And code different effects o_O
What the hell, let's do it!!
Ideas for spells anyone? come on, give it to me

How do I get a pass into the city? After graduation and completing the imp farmers quest, I went to the village and got the quest from kid being threatened. I traveled to every location on the map, even went to the mountains and met with mystery man on the mountain and after he went up to the top and told me to find him at the top it told me to come back. I went everywhere and it won't let me do anything else. Can't go to bed to reset to new day or nothing. I thought maybe end of content but reading here I see a lot of content I haven't reached yet. I spyed on them talking about archmagi out the window, I even had the short chat with the dwarf at the docks. I am on good route
Did you manage to find your way around?

So, finally Kthulian introduced a She-Orc in the Ataegina game... a sexy one? Not bad. This one from Warp Game is also fisculturist.
View attachment 615869
Damn... So many mistakes in one image :oops: I was such a noob back then... :LOL:

Having trouble with the combat, it keeps freezing mid fight with the mage at the rear gate.
Is there a fix or something?
Only with the mage? It doesn't happen with other opponents?

I liked the story and everything else.
The mage training and devil and demons and Orcs and elves , oh my.
It felt like a real game battling for power, choosing the side or good or evil.
If you choose evil the game is over quick, but if you choose good the game is longer.
Being evil is quick and choosing Harem is even quicker.
There are more girls then that list provides.
Maybe in the next version there will be room for all of them.
The script was a little funny in some areas.
I already beat the Elite monster in training but no points. My points were already high enough.
I hope the next version is bigger so he can keep increasing his power.....peace.
Thank you for playing:)

What do you mean evil is quicker? They are all fairly the same size right now, I mean there could be a little extra on some, but it's like 2 - 3 extra scenes maybe?

Andragon

Mar 9, 2019
What a nice discussion about ways to use the combat system, that means I'll have to add some more spells to it... And code different effects o_O
What the hell, let's do it!!
Ideas for spells anyone? come on, give it to me

Did you manage to find your way around?

Damn... So many mistakes in one image :oops: I was such a noob back then... :LOL:

Thank you for playing:)

What do you mean evil is quicker? They are all fairly the same size right now, I mean there could be a little extra on some, but it's like 2 - 3 extra scenes maybe?
After letting the game sit overnight, I started it back up from the save I made before shutting it down. The caves still not obtainable. When I started the game back up earlier today I was able to go straight to the mountain. I hadn't missed anything. But letting the game sit overnight for some reason fixed it. I am not really sure what was going on. I had no problems getting to the end of the content after that. It was smooth sailing. I am not sure what the deal was but at least it started working the next day after reloading the save. I tried reloading saves before but I don't think I ever completely shut the game down and restarted it. I can't remember for sure.

Lamperouge94

Nov 19, 2018
I love girls in sexy bunny outfits. Their chocolate eggs must be terribly aphrodisaque. Yum!

By looking at this last image where we see our three corrupt characters (I love this image) ... The next update ... You will work on the set of good, bad, and neural pathways ... Or only one. Then focus on the others for future updates.

About new magic spells ...
Summon Tentacle (it's Japanese hentai lol)
Otherwise a water magic would be not bad (wet clothes lol) after all we had fire and lightning, why not water .... See even the earth magic (earthquake which brings down target)

And otherwise :
Will gold be more useful afterwards? Private purchase, gifts, noble clothing ...
Will the new characters also be included in the love coruption statistics? I think a lot about Ryo and our Dark Elf queen.
Will we see characters again? Like the Duchess, the farmer's daughter, or the writer ...

Anyway thank you for everything, and happy Easter

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Well it seemed ok up until that point, can't speak for after that. It froze mid way through the fight. The fight UI bar didn't show up after strike/hit. So could not continue fight. Tried reloading, ignoring, rolling back etc, same deal.

P.S. Not sure if related, but i did have to ignore ren'py errors with the fight with the tenticle monster, seemed ok after that, until the fight with the mage.

• Thinking Face

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
After letting the game sit overnight, I started it back up from the save I made before shutting it down. The caves still not obtainable. When I started the game back up earlier today I was able to go straight to the mountain. I hadn't missed anything. But letting the game sit overnight for some reason fixed it. I am not really sure what was going on. I had no problems getting to the end of the content after that. It was smooth sailing. I am not sure what the deal was but at least it started working the next day after reloading the save. I tried reloading saves before but I don't think I ever completely shut the game down and restarted it. I can't remember for sure.
:unsure: weird, good to know you reached the current end though, have you tried all paths? :sneaky:

Well it seemed ok up until that point, can't speak for after that. It froze mid way through the fight. The fight UI bar didn't show up after strike/hit. So could not continue fight. Tried reloading, ignoring, rolling back etc, same deal.
And loading to something before that fight and fighting again didn't work? Also, are you using the original version, compressed or android?

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
:unsure: weird, good to know you reached the current end though, have you tried all paths? :sneaky:

And loading to something before that fight and fighting again didn't work? Also, are you using the original version, compressed or android?
I'm using the uncompressed version on windows 10.

P.S. I'll test it again later, and if same result, will upload the save to see if the error is repeatable.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I love girls in sexy bunny outfits. Their chocolate eggs must be terribly aphrodisaque. Yum!

By looking at this last image where we see our three corrupt characters (I love this image) ... The next update ... You will work on the set of good, bad, and neural pathways ... Or only one. Then focus on the others for future updates.
Ah... I can tell you that the image as a whole says a lot, and you are pretty close, 3 separate paths 3 main girls...

About new magic spells ...
Summon Tentacle (it's Japanese hentai lol)
Otherwise a water magic would be not bad (wet clothes lol) after all we had fire and lightning, why not water .... See even the earth magic (earthquake which brings down target)
:unsure: I think that could work

And otherwise :
Will gold be more useful afterwards? Private purchase, gifts, noble clothing ...
Will the new characters also be included in the love coruption statistics? I think a lot about Ryo and our Dark Elf queen.
Will we see characters again? Like the Duchess, the farmer's daughter, or the writer ...
Yes to all, the corruption/love thing may already be there, but hidden :sneaky:
Anyway thank you for everything, and happy Easter
Thank you my friend, happy easter

Andragon

Mar 9, 2019
Just the good path so far. Specializing in conjuration and healing mostly. Turning everybody down but the gf. Oh and I am also using the uncompressed windows version on a windows 10 platform. Windows 10 sucks I know. Has been hell on my skyrim too. Need to download 10 different software tools just to do one thing it seems anymore. Everything outsourced to 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th parties or more. And just one glitch for me? My completed skyrim has way more glitches than that so I am not complaining as long as I get to play. Am I allowed to say skyrim in here? I'm not like gonna get sued or nothing now am I? Skyrim! Skyrim! Skyrim! Just in case, wanted to get my money's worth. Skyrim!

sotorojo

Jul 18, 2018
So with 25 battlemagic, 20 healing, and 7 alteration, I can pretty easily defeat the very hard opponent. The 5th level ward under alteration helps to bring my mana (blue orb) back up, so I can continue to cast level 5 fireballs (battlemagic). The level 10 electroshock (battlemagic) works good, but uses up too much mana, so I found I am better off with the level 5 fireball. With this combo, I can often defeat very hard without having to heal-self.

4.10 star(s) 174 Votes