3.10 star(s) 20 Votes

Gellidus

Dec 6, 2017
very true but....David skipping over the MC (Alex) even though Alex has higher stats, I'd say that's magical :)
Ah ha, point well taken, but I just assume that money and poor writing are hidden stats to lure the player into a false sense of security.:)

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
For me .. the only way to play this game again is that something will happen to David .. maybe Ala will kill him while she is drunk , or he will fall with his car from over the mountain , or Alex will gave him to his school friends to bang him .. some sweet things like that.
Best to seek out a new game then, homie. I think the developer has a clear path set in mind for their game, so best not to get your panties in a twist over a fictional character.

Reactions: Gellidus

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
Interesting how much of this game is implied. What's going on during study time? Since we can see David and Tasha over the weekend we don't need Alex to be an active observer. They sleep together at the bungalow every night-- are they fucking at that time?

Can we see that stuff? Please? It's a sex game after all...

And as for David... Meh, it's a story filled with horrible, flawed people. At least David's up front with his bullshit.

Reactions: Viatovic

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
You know what .. i respect your opinion it has some good points indeed and true too, but we are Alex fans feel like we were deceived we didn't see David coming because it was a 1 MC from the start and David was just there . for me i hate him because he is ugly and has no charisma or charm just some kind of shit .. and it is not fair to have gorgeous girl and his young man not . i say yeah for the young love his father is already has a women and a very good one . so let Alex at least have someone.
Fair enough... I didn't say that you had to like the change.
But... IT'S BEEN MONTHS.
David is not a new feature, has had some juicy content in the last two updates... so you know what is going on in the game.
And it's pretty obvious that you don't like it... so, I have to ask, why are you still playing it?
I could get that you are waiting and then you decide to check the thread to see if there are some news... but otherwise? why hurt yourself or waste your time like that?

That's my main point here... the discussion about David took place MONTHS ago.
Why are you talking about it again right now?

Reactions: Shirafune

Elnasercaco

Dec 16, 2017
Fair enough... I didn't say that you had to like the change.
But... IT'S BEEN MONTHS.
David is not a new feature, has had some juicy content in the last two updates... so you know what is going on in the game.
And it's pretty obvious that you don't like it... so, I have to ask, why are you still playing it?
I could get that you are waiting and then you decide to check the thread to see if there are some news... but otherwise? why hurt yourself or waste your time like that?

That's my main point here... the discussion about David took place MONTHS ago.
Why are you talking about it again right now?
Point well taken my friend . i was very exited when this update came but before i play it i saw some photos here with both David and Tasha and i hated so much so i decided to not to play the game anymore and let David team have fun with the big win ( i mean it as a big win cause Tasha is the main goal of the game indeed ) so your team has won congratulation .
As for why am i still here !! believe me i don't know . ( what the hell am i still doing here we have lost already ).

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well if it's one thing that I will give you NTR fans, you definitely make you opinions known. Early and often. (Not just you Ignazzio, you are positively restrained compared to many.) And hell being excited is not a bad thing.
Well, to be honest no other fetish was attacked as brutal as NTR when Eric first appeared (every thread of every game). It's rather popular and natural in most settings so I wouldn't say it's a bad thing even for those who aren't into it. Implementation is definitely tricky but doable. I know a dev who does it pretty damn good in his game about babysitting. And his NTR characters are much more assholish (as writing is much better) than poor David. But all things should be balanced unless dev is creating specific fetish focused game
Didn't know it was an RPGM game originally, that's interesting. Though why anyone would want to copy BB's GAMEPLAY is beyond me. It always sucked, and the gameplay here has gone from random fetching to just straight clicking. I mean, it's nothing new really. Hell even School, Love and Cousin's has the same exact problems that BB has. Nearly every life sim does.

If it was copying BB, I think it's kind of ironic that it ran into the same problems just in a different way. DS listened to his fans and ushered Eric out super quickly which made people happy in the short run, but totally killed the actual pacing and any sort of challenge the game had. With API, he listened to his fans and basically turned a side character into the main character for several updates, making those fans happy but fucking over the pacing of his release and alienating a whole lot of people. I think from his Patreon posts Alex wanted to keep his namesake as the focus, I mean he says as much several times. But that went to the wayside due to pressure. It was a bad move.

If David had been a playable MC choice from the get go, play as one or the other, then this could have been avoided. But that's not the case. He spends the first few weeks of the game introducing Alex and Tasha as the main couple, setting David up as a complete asshat to his son. And then expects people to empathise with him. I think that's unlikely for those who for the early part of the game play are conditioned to hate his cuts. And David's no Jaime Lannister, it's not like we find out he's a different person than what his son sees. He's just a douche going through a mid life crisis who is pissed that his trophy wife who probably married him for the money doesn't actually love him. I mean even looking at that, there is some stuff there that COULD work, but we never get anywhere close than the here I bought you shit, we bang ok?

Look both of the PCs are shallowly drawn. There are clear reasons to dislike either of them. But to say that David gettin with Tasha is somehow more realistic than the other way around is kinda nuts. They are both fantasies as I said before. One of them is about being a kid and seducing the cute older college girl. One of them is about the fantasy of tossing money an things at a really hot girl and thus she doesn't give a fuck that your a fat piece of shit old enough to be her father. Hey, some guys want to live the Weinstien life in their dreams.
Yeah, first versions were RPGM but were ditched as it doesn't work well with such an UI. Honestly I don't feel like Alex gave in to patrons' pressure but I would say he's just poor when it comes to game design and coding. AI has the weirdest gameplay style amongst all these BB type games so it became clunky. Double protags are really hard to handle and maybe except for Dual Family it rarely works. David as Eric-type of NPC would be better for me as NTR fan as it would make Alex's gameplay somewhat reasonable. Now it's really unbalanced. But when it comes to realism remember that Weinstein is a real-life case:p

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
There is nothing really divisive... some players like one MC over the other one.
But there are others, so butthurt... that they throw the NTR shit.
You CAN'T cuck your left hand with the right... YOU are both DAVID and ALEX.
The game right now only has content for the David path... you don't like that, DON'T PLAY IT.
It's that damn easy.

Both Alex and David are shitty persons, with a lot more cons than pros.
I like David more, because he's got better content... and it's different from other games.
I think it's refreshing not playing the man-child virgin for once...
It's even more funny when you read that David is "fat"... when the chubby one is Alex.
David at least has some muscles, Alex is pure flabby.

Why lock the Alex/Tasha content? To avoid exactly what you are all complaining about... to make you feel like she's a slut.
When she was having a friends with benefits relationship with Alex... there was nothing sexual with David.
After her first BJ, Tasha left Alex... obviously, the poor girl can't say "oh sorry, Alex... now I'm fucking your married father".
So... she just blocks him out. A passive move so he gets the message.
You have never been avoided by a girl? It hurts, but you get the message, ... and that's fine.
The Charlotte content... I think it was a wise choice, it didn't make much sense in that part of the game.
So for once, he actually made a good choice for the script... poor fella.
OK.But then why Alex the dev promise that content to happen-Alex/Tasha and Alex/Charlotte?Why waste time and effort to put it even in the game?And I don't believe the stuff she wants nothing to do with you.The dev just change her attitude like the girls in BB.I already said it's OK Tasha to have fun with David but then what?Will be that the end of the game or what?Or suddenly Ala will decide she is Ok with David's idea for threesome with Tasha?

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
"We didn't start the fire..."

Really, the last month, a good number of mates were here, having a great time, thinking and talking about the next update.
We even got some great fan-art from @lockhear.
The dev teased us with renders of David with Tasha... and there were zero problems.
Suddenly, the update drops and shit hits the fan.
I didn't like the update, at least not as much as I should have... but the discussion is the mindless fucking shit of always with the anti-NTR crusaders in full force...
Even when the whining is not about Alex cucking his father... it's about one MC getting the main girl first.

The problem is that this wasn't new.
This was not a surprise, it didn't came outta nowhere... the game has been going on for MONTHS in that direction.
If you don't like the path the dev sets... let it go.
I didn't like the NTR focus in "The Babysitter"... and I don't play it anymore, I don't follow the thread, I don't have nothing against it, I still think that it is a great game that I DON'T LIKE.
So what the hell are you all doing here then? You obviously don't give a damn about the game, the last month very few of the whiners were around here...
You knew what the update was about, David has been the main focus for months... why are you all doing this to yourselfs?
Somebody threatened to harm you If you didn't play it? You got guns aiming to your heads?
The reason no one cares about Alex cucking his father is simple and I've aid it a million times. Alex is the main character. David is not. He's the antagonist, a playable one, but hes the antagonist. Look at how the game is set up. You start as Alex, the entire first part of the game is with Alex, and every damn one of his interactions with David is antagonistic. His first storyline is sending Alex off to a boarding school against his will. He is trying to steal the girl that the MC is after, the player is conditioned immediately that David is the antagonist.

You play as him for less time than you do alex, you have less options than you do as Alex, the story of the main game is not about David, he has actual interactions with two of the main characters at most.

So why do you have this mad on for saying that David is an equal main character. He is not. By the structure of the game it is Alex, period.

And the don't talk about something if you don't like it is a lazy argument. We're a discussion board. What happened in the game was something a LOT of people didn't like and even those who didn't have a problem with it, like yourself admit it wasn't actually done well. So why are you surprised people are complaining. You have an argument for why it doesn't suck, or why it doesn't halt the main Alex story to basically throw every update at David? Bring it on. It'll be an interesting discussion.

But seriously, the shit with David breaks the fantasy for many people. Not a ton of people are into sad fapping. It is what it is.

Also, I was around here earlier. I even stated that it would be a bad idea if David fucked Tasha first before this even happened.

There is nothing really divisive... some players like one MC over the other one.
But there are others, so butthurt... that they throw the NTR shit.
You CAN'T cuck your left hand with the right... YOU are both DAVID and ALEX.
The game right now only has content for the David path... you don't like that, DON'T PLAY IT.
It's that damn easy.
You keep saying this, and you keep being wrong. They aren't equal characters in the game. Saying that they are isn't a matter of option, the very structure of the game, as it stands goes against it. I don't know why that's such a hard thing to accept. There are gross structural problems in how he delivered content, and by focusing on side content he basically pissed of everyone who didn't like David, or was you know actually hoping that the promise of Tasha from early on would be fulfilled. It's not rocket surgery.

And it only having David content is again the problem. Someone may have liked the game up until the point of the unavoidable Tasha being a straight up bitch to the PC. It's unavoidable and the game signals that it would be.

Why lock the Alex/Tasha content? To avoid exactly what you are all complaining about... to make you feel like she's a slut.
So you think it's a good idea to make the main Love Interest in the game an unlikable slut? I mean if that's what he wants I'll give him props on the trolling. :tf:

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
OK.But then why Alex the dev promise that content to happen-Alex/Tasha and Alex/Charlotte?Why waste time and effort to put it even in the game?And I don't believe the stuff she wants nothing to do with you.The dev just change her attitude like the girls in BB.I already said it's OK Tasha to have fun with David but then what?Will be that the end of the game or what?Or suddenly Ala will decide she is Ok with David's idea for threesome with Tasha?
I don't remember Alex stating that there would be some Alex/Tasha content in THIS update... he did say that there would be something in the near future.
Hey, I'm not the dev... maybe, when he created the Charlotte content, it made sense... but later on, checking the script, he decided that no, it had to go...
I actually agree with him in that, and it takes balls to cut something like that from a game when you feel that it isn't working.
For once, he made a great choice, even if it stole some good content.

Instead of talking about all this non-sense... we should be focusing in the future or the failures of the last update.
I'm the only one that thinks that David taking photos of Ala was a missed oportunity?
The sex scenes got good renders, but the writing sucked.
Tanya entering the model business may be good... for David, obviously.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh... what an annoying guy you are, Burty...
David is only the antagonist if you are rooting for the virginal loser teen.
He's a co-protagonist... and I agree, the concept was badly delivered and still has some problems.
But that doesn't make David less of a co-protagonist from the moment that it was implemented.
If you think otherwise and you are still mad... then you are a frigging bad player.
How did you let the "bad guy" win? Are you dense?

And no, I'm not saying that be should not discuss the game...
My point is that this is NOT A NEW FEATURE.
David has been in the game for MONTHS but people are complaining NOW... like what the fucking fuck?
You knew way before downloading this update that David's path was the focus.
Yet you still downloaded it and played... are you hurt in the head?
It's like knowing that a hammer can destroy your finger, then choosing to bang said hammer against your finger and later suing the company that built the hammer because DAMN it broke your finger.

If you didn't like David, what the hell are you doing still here?
Come back in a later date, when the Alex path has been worked on.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I don't remember Alex stating that there would be some Alex/Tasha content in THIS update... he did say that there would be something in the near future.
Hey, I'm not the dev... maybe, when he created the Charlotte content, it made sense... but later on, checking the script, he decided that no, it had to go...
I actually agree with him in that, and it takes balls to cut something like that from a game when you feel that it isn't working.
For once, he made a great choice, even if it stole some good content.

Instead of talking about all this non-sense... we should be focusing in the future or the failures of the last update.
I'm the only one that thinks that David taking photos of Ala was a missed oportunity?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's a co-protagonist... and I agree, the concept was badly delivered and still has some problems.
But that doesn't make David less of a co-protagonist from the moment that it was implemented.
If you think otherwise and you are still mad... then you are a frigging bad player.

David has been in the game for MONTHS but people are complaining NOW... like what the fucking fuck?
It's like knowing that a hammer can destroy your finger, then choosing to bang said hammer against your finger and later suing the company that built the hammer because DAMN it broke your finger.

Come back in a later date, when the Alex path has been worked on.
Did you even read what I said before?I said about 0.5 and 0.6.We know 0.7 won't have Alex/Tasha.
And how I'm suppose to know when will be Alex/Tasha update when the dev lie to us about previous updates?
And did I complain about David content?No.I complain how Tasha change all of sudden and the content we lost.
I want to see what you will said if he promise David update and there is no David/Tasha content at all for next 3 updates.
I also complain that so far all sex scenes are realy bad no matter for Alex or David we talking.They even worst than BB and that said a lot.BB is famous with bad sex scene.

Elnasercaco

Dec 16, 2017
Because David has won the game , he got Tasha and she is the big prize she is on the game poster right ?
Game OVER.

arl2017xxx

Dec 18, 2017
I still say David is magical, it helps me sleep at nights :) and anyway we are just discussing "fictional characters" here, they do not need championing :)

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Well, to be honest no other fetish was attacked as brutal as NTR when Eric first appeared (every thread of every game). It's rather popular and natural in most settings so I wouldn't say it's a bad thing even for those who aren't into it. Implementation is definitely tricky but doable. I know a dev who does it pretty damn good in his game about babysitting. And his NTR characters are much more assholish (as writing is much better) than poor David. But all things should be balanced unless dev is creating specific fetish focused game

Yeah, first versions were RPGM but were ditched as it doesn't work well with such an UI. Honestly I don't feel like Alex gave in to patrons' pressure but I would say he's just poor when it comes to game design and coding. AI has the weirdest gameplay style amongst all these BB type games so it became clunky. Double protags are really hard to handle and maybe except for Dual Family it rarely works. David as Eric-type of NPC would be better for me as NTR fan as it would make Alex's gameplay somewhat reasonable. Now it's really unbalanced. But when it comes to realism remember that Weinstein is a real-life case:p
Thanks for the kind words, gonna make me fall for your NTR lovin' ass.

Anyhow. We've had some of these discussions elsewhere, but I do think you consistently overstate the popularity of NTR. I think it is something that those who love REALLY love, a pretty sizeable percentage are neutral to it, and those who hate it, hate it even more than those who love it because of the emotional reaction it engenders. Which is why I always say that the tag should read: NTR - Use with caution

Imagine NTR as an industrial cleaner. If you use it on the right surface, it gets the job done perfectly, the floor can handle it, the stains are gone, and everyone is happy, except those who can't take the smell I suppose.

But if you use it on the wrong surface, you ruin it. No one is happy, well except for the people who like the smell I suppose.

The reason I was so fascinated by this in the first place was because it kinda is the perfect example of side creep, but of an irresponsible (Ok, overstating for lak of a better term, but you get the idea) use of something NTR adjacent.

We have been talking about that actually. Talking about it a lot. Many people feel that the future stuff with Alex and Tasha is tainted because it goes against her previous characterizations. I agree the sex scenes needed work. The renders were pretty good all around, but the posing needed work. I also thought the Alex/Ala shit wasn't particularly impressive. Part of the problem with the David story is that honestly we have no sense of drama or accomplishment at all with it. It just happens, there is little to no build up, and it is thrown in our faces.

The Ala stuff moves nothing forward in Alex's story with her either. Ala is the same person at the end of this that she was when she fucked him for the first time ages ago. We learn nothing new about Tanya, in fact the only character development if you could call it tht would be with Tasha, and it is quite negative in my opinion.

Not because she fucks David per se (keep having to repeat this point) but because but because we don't get a good feel for her at all when she is out with David. It also, as you have even admitted makes her come off as a bitch and a slut. And those aren't words I use lightly. It reframes her character as stringing the protagonist along until the next dick with more money comes along, and honestly, if he were going that route, he should have built it up better. Because it does not seem like the same character we had before. I'm not the only one to notice this.

So assuming the David shit is NOT optional I feel people who don't like him will probably end up jumping ship at that point. Because then the rest of the game is, about banging a girl that a lot of people won't even want to bother with. And if you're a David fan where else do you go with her as a character other than a full corruption route?

Enough discussion for you?

Look I am not being pedantic here. Protagonist has a very specific meaning. It is the main character in the game, the character that the story is about first and foremost. True, in some cases there can be multiple protagonists, like in Dual Family but this game is not that.

Beyond what I said before, which let's be honest you haven't refuted outside of an argument that boils down to "David is a protagonist because I like him better." A lot of people like Joker better than Batman, that doesn't make him the protagonist. That's not how it works.

God, I can't believe I'm going here but fuck it. Alex is actually a hero archetype. I mean he's a shitty person, but follow me here. He starts from nothing, is called to adventure (fucking Tasha) and has a Dragon to slay in David. The goals for him are set immediately. David is the obstacle he has to overcome, and that's what you try to do.

David is not that. David has no obstacles. Ala doesn't actually do shit against him in any way the player would care about, and everything he does, whether you play as him or not is about fucking over his son in one way or the other. But unlike Alex, the power dynamic is tilted completely in his favor. Nothing David does is a challenge. He isn't worried about a thing, he has it all under control at all times. He has nowhere to go.

Alex has to jump through 1000 hoops to get any sex at all. David makes a phone call. And every one of those phone calls is either to fuck over his son or get his wife off his back.

Alex has to win a drinking game multiple times to get anywhere.
David has to ask about 6 times.

That's why he's the antagonist. He has the advantages, his entire purpose in the game was to be the Eric, to stand in the player's way. I mean Eric was a shit show, but can you imagine what would have happened if say HE had taken Lisa's virginity? It would have been insane.

And you can talk about why this wasn't mentioned before and why people are going crazy now, and it's simple as fuck, and it's not your derogatory "waaah virgins" bullshit you say to make yourself feel better, or make people feel worse or what have you.

It's that this update, the point of no return was actually crossed. I mean yeah, it was like an 80% chance when 0.6 came out that David would fuck Tasha first, but up until this very update, Tasha did nothing with David that she didn't also do with Alex. It's a psychological thing, but it gave people hope that Alex would actually get there first. And for a lot of people, it sucks that he didn't. Fantasies are fantasies, they aren't logical. Yeah in the real world chances are your girl/boyfriend fucked someone before and that's that. But with fantasy you are playing with ideals.

I think this thread shows that having your fantasy dad fuck the fantasy girl that's been holding off on sex because she wants it to be special is not a part of that ideal.

It seems you see things very mechanically, so maybe you don't identify with Main Characters much, even ones that aren't carbon copies like Alex. But a lot of people do. He is the protagonist after all.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Be interesting to see how the dev reacts, whether he doubles down on the base that loves the ntr content or if he tries to add balance back in the next update and try and keep a broader base interested in the game.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Be interesting to see how the dev reacts, whether he doubles down on the base that loves the ntr content or if he tries to add balance back in the next update and try and keep a broader base interested in the game.
If the game don't get enought support until 0.5 or 0.6 there is no way to expect he suddenly will double his patrons.
He have good renders but is another dev that makes realy bad sex scenes.
Also Alex the dev said that he was thinking about the idea to block david/tasha relationship or let it go as it is.But this will be implemented closer to the end.
That actualy makes no sense.Why you even bother to add such thing in last episodes when is already game over?

3.10 star(s) 20 Votes