Malorn

Mar 9, 2018
Probably the most limp-wristed "domination" I've seen on this site. Half the dialogue is explaining that they're just playing around, and that the MC is only doing it because the girls really want them to (when they're not explicitly buying their obedience with massive sums of cold hard cash). The AI gets all the forceful lines, and the nefarious uncle is the real reason bad things are happening to the girls. Simp game in wolf's clothing., unfortunately.
Domination doesn't have to be cruel or destructive. Nor does it have to be against the will of the person involved. In fact, true domination is generally achieved with the cooperation of the submissive. However, that doesn't mean the dominant party lacks agency. The best results I've seen tend to be a situation where a submissive wants to be changed and the dominant directs the changing. There are elements of that in this game, quite a few. I would argue that Lili is exactly this case, she wants to be a 'bad girl' and cannot get herself to be. The player steps in and provides the force and directs that desire in ways the player wishes.

I think a little bit more...forceful dialog would not be missed, but keep in mind the premise. The player has forced these girls into working for him, and is cheerfully using their psychology and group dynamic to shape them into an exhibitionist harem. This is...quite the power play. Of course, this would be me taking your point seriously, rather than dismissing you as someone who has zero real-life experience with dominating a woman. Which I am far to polite to do casually. :cool:

Username checks out. :KEK:

If you're looking for bad things happening to girls, I suggest giving my current and future games a wide berth.
I'll back that principle. Though I would say some more exploration of the more forceful style of domination is always nice, with the proper characters of course. Lili is obviously someone who needs a more gentle approach, where's Juno needs a much harsher approach, which you already reflect in your interactions. Ada...well, she's pretty clearly just in it for having fun with it. But it would be nice to see how much change is taking place. After all, the girls don't start out nearly as lewd as they end up, and that is clearly the player's influence.

I've always thought of the term as 'repectful domination' which is more about respecting the individual personalities of the submissives involved, rather than making identical slut-clones through cruelty and force. And I think we need more of that sort of style.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, people and tags often confuse d/s with s/m. Thats why i always say i hate both. But on a light level, hell, i never was against it when a (not gruesome) girl ordered me playfully to knee or spread my legs. But thats the maximum i can handle. As soon as someone tries to insult, humilate or force me i autoswitch to fightmode. And since i cant supress my mentality i lose the interest in games that step over this line as well. So i'm happy this game dont goes too far and i hope it stays that way, many others decorated my recycle bin.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think a little bit more...forceful dialog would not be missed, but keep in mind the premise. The player has forced these girls into working for him, and is cheerfully using their psychology and group dynamic to shape them into an exhibitionist harem. This is...quite the power play. Of course, this would be me taking your point seriously, rather than dismissing you as someone who has zero real-life experience with dominating a woman. Which I am far to polite to do casually. :cool:
To be fair, while she did a lot of that, her uncle was the main one who forced them to stay there, and their own greed and thoughtlessness that got them in that position in the first place. Hard to blame her for taking advantage of the situation for her own goals, she is their best chance to survive against her uncle anyway, and following her, they will help rule a small (for now) empire while exploring their true selves. XD

Seems like a win for everyone there, even if they were not 100% willing at first. XD

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
Domination doesn't have to be cruel or destructive. Nor does it have to be against the will of the person involved. In fact, true domination is generally achieved with the cooperation of the submissive. However, that doesn't mean the dominant party lacks agency. The best results I've seen tend to be a situation where a submissive wants to be changed and the dominant directs the changing. There are elements of that in this game, quite a few. I would argue that Lili is exactly this case, she wants to be a 'bad girl' and cannot get herself to be. The player steps in and provides the force and directs that desire in ways the player wishes.

I'll back that principle. Though I would say some more exploration of the more forceful style of domination is always nice, with the proper characters of course. Lili is obviously someone who needs a more gentle approach, where's Juno needs a much harsher approach, which you already reflect in your interactions. Ada...well, she's pretty clearly just in it for having fun with it. But it would be nice to see how much change is taking place. After all, the girls don't start out nearly as lewd as they end up, and that is clearly the player's influence.

I've always thought of the term as 'repectful domination' which is more about respecting the individual personalities of the submissives involved, rather than making identical slut-clones through cruelty and force. And I think we need more of that sort of style.
You didn't mention Sam and frankly I don't understand what's in it for Sam either. Looks like she begrudgingly does it just because everyone else does. She's not shy like Lili (working naked on her pirate ship with almost no nudging from MC), doesn't get off on showing herself like Ada, is not a sub like Juno.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You didn't mention Sam and frankly I don't understand what's in it for Sam either. Looks like she begrudgingly does it just because everyone else does. She's not shy like Lili (working naked on her pirate ship with almost no nudging from MC), doesn't get off on showing herself like Ada, is not a sub like Juno.
She opens up later as they get friendly and the MC helps her, and you will learn of her kinks as we go.

braendt

Jul 5, 2018
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/def/util/screens/wardrobe/wardrobeScreen.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/def/util/screens/wardrobe/wardrobeScreen.rpy", line 159, in execute
File "game/def/util/screens/wardrobe/wardrobeScreen.rpy", line 163, in execute
File "game/def/util/screens/wardrobe/wardrobeScreen.rpy", line 164, in execute
Exception: DynamicImage u'[wm.clothesPath]': could not find image. (u'images/chara/juno/juno b3e/juno b3e lewd 1.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "loc/quarters.rpyc", line 4, in script call
File "events/visiting/visitJuno.rpyc", line 34, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2212, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2200, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3161, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3376, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3803, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3803, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/sl2/sldisplayables.py", line 449, in sl2add
d = renpy.easy.displayable(d, scope=scope)
File "renpy/easy.py", line 114, in displayable
return renpy.display.image.DynamicImage(d, scope=scope)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 590, in __init__
self.find_target(scope)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 675, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'[wm.clothesPath]': could not find image. (u'images/chara/juno/juno b3e/juno b3e lewd 1.png')

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.0.22062402
Auriga Nine 0.4
Tue Apr 18 11:08:09 2023
```
happens for all wardrobe attempts recently.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Huh? That worked without any problems here and i buyed them all available clothes just to have them bought and see new items in the shop on first sight.

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "events/visiting/visitJuno.rpyc", line 34, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2212, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2200, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3161, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3376, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3803, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3803, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/sl2/sldisplayables.py", line 449, in sl2add
d = renpy.easy.displayable(d, scope=scope)
File "renpy/easy.py", line 114, in displayable
return renpy.display.image.DynamicImage(d, scope=scope)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 590, in __init__
self.find_target(scope)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 675, in find_target
raise Exception(error)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.0.22062402
Auriga Nine 0.4
Tue Apr 18 11:08:09 2023
```
happens for all wardrobe attempts recently.
Oops, I put an extra whitespace in that one sprite... Good catch.
That said, don't go fucking around with the variables and then complain about errors; Juno is not yet supposed to wear that outfit.

Reactions: Jacie and TheDevian

braendt

Jul 5, 2018
Oops, I put an extra whitespace in that one sprite... Good catch.
That said, don't go fucking around with the variables and then complain about errors; Juno is not yet supposed to wear that outfit.
I never claimed to be anything but a low-down cheating bastard who made his own trouble. just that there's trouble. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jacie and feierflei

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Since I can't raise Life Support higher than level 3 and the game says that I have finished the available part of the main story, may I ask whether it can be raised higher and how? :) I keep losing money everyday because many improvements which require higher Life Support are locked. I don't mind if I have to wait for the next update, I just want to know.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
Since I can't raise Life Support higher than level 3 and the game says that I have finished the available part of the main story, may I ask whether it can be raised higher and how? :) I keep losing money everyday because many improvements which require higher Life Support are locked. I don't mind if I have to wait for the next update, I just want to know.
You're not supposed to lose money unless you do every single upgrade and hire all the fighter pilots you can. The defence upgrades may cost more (much more) money than they save. And yes, AFAIK you have to wait for the update.

Reactions: Udayana

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, fighters and pilots are imho wasted money. Upgrade the shild, buy 2 ion pulse cannons (you dont need anything more to kill enemy fighters) and improve the regenerations in the lab. Then you only need a few repair drones to use once the hull is lower than 50% and simple weapons to blow up pirate ships. If you focus on traders it wont take long until the pirates attack every night and without wasted upkeep money you earn tons of loot to sell, which draws more pirates, ...its currently hard work to lose money if you spend it right and i dont even built the stripclub and brothel. It was far worse in 0.1 since pirates wouldnt attack often enough to earn their downkeep ^^

Check the characters before you make your endsave, they may still have their own quests left, the overview only shows the main story.

Reactions: Udayana

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Yeah, life support level 4 gets unlocked in 0.5. Until then, you can keep your finances afloat by murdering enemies and trading goods on the galactic market (y)

Well, fighters and pilots are imho wasted money. Upgrade the shild, buy 2 ion pulse cannons (you dont need anything more to kill enemy fighters) and improve the regenerations in the lab. Then you only need a few repair drones to use once the hull is lower than 50% and simple weapons to blow up pirate ships.
Quick warning: Combat in 0.5 will be
a) less buggy (meaning that ion pulses now actually get consumed as intended :HideThePain:), and
b) a bit more difficult, because you will encounter rebel cruisers and enemy ships can now field reserve squadrons instead of just reinforcing damaged ones.

I'd recommend saving some cash for fighter and defence upgrades.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Dont be mean, keep it buggy ^^
Noone builds one use weapons for a station...increase the reload time for each of them or let each of them only fire once per battle.

• Haha
Reactions: feierflei

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
I'm keeping my finances afloat by keeping my reputation neutral (10-30) and paying off the occasional pirates. Seems to work well enough.

BTW feierflei I suggest to make the reputation gravitate towards a number determined by the balance of +rep and -rep upgrades.

Reactions: feierflei

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
BTW feierflei I suggest to make the reputation gravitate towards a number determined by the balance of +rep and -rep upgrades.
That is more or less what happens already. Districts/modules only give positive/negative reputation up or down to a certain point, which causes a natural balance that only gets upset by a few factors including security issues, random economy events, and the clientele you host.
The balance itself is one of the things I'm constantly tweaking; feedback is very welcome.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Well, it would be natural if the pirates visit you more often and demand more if you pay them for their visits...thats why govs dont make deals with terrorists, except to hire them ^^
And even if it reduces my own income, they should visit less frequently if none of their ships ever comes back, not only because you proofed to be a lethal threat, but also because they dont have infitite ships, even the royal fleet would be thinned out if you blow up 4-6 every single day and they have the shipyards, manpower and money to built nonstop.

If you plan to improve battle you should also consider the docked ships, not every merchant travels with an unarmed cargo drone and their ass is on the line as well if your station blows up...same with smugglers if you focus on black markets, even both if you are neutral. And once you have the system you should be able to build your own shipyards...

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Well, it would be natural if the pirates visit you more often and demand more if you pay them for their visits...thats why govs dont make deals with terrorists, except to hire them ^^
That's a good point, I'll see how I can implement that without making it overbearing.

If you plan to improve battle you should also consider the docked ships, not every merchant travels with an unarmed cargo drone and their ass is on the line as well if your station blows up...same with smugglers if you focus on black markets, even both if you are neutral.
Another interesting idea, but very difficult to wrangle into the current system without extensive changes. I'll dive into that and hireable mercenaries once I've chewed through some of the other things I'm working on.

And even if it reduces my own income, they should visit less frequently if none of their ships ever comes back, not only because you proofed to be a lethal threat, but also because they dont have infitite ships, even the royal fleet would be thinned out if you blow up 4-6 every single day and they have the shipyards, manpower and money to built nonstop.
Again worth a look when I have time. Currently, the main factor for enemy density is reputation. I'd love to have a regenerating "pool" of enemies that depends on galactic economy, sector economy, reputation and other small factors, but that's yet another massive project I'm not immediately willing to tackle.

And once you have the system you should be able to build your own shipyards...
That's currently in the works. I had planned to release fleet management in 0.6, but it's a lot more complicated than I initially thought, so I'll have to delay it.

Reactions: TheDevian
4.50 star(s) 14 Votes