4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

NC_summer

Feb 2, 2022
Overall - I enjoyed this VN, it was enjoyable.........but having said that a few things can be improved for future works.

Suggested future improvements:
1. Fem masturbation/fingering .......... Me and I think the majority of us use our MIDDLE fingers (be it one, two, or three).
What's with this first two finger masturbation? It's stupid and deflated my anticipated arousal.
Looks like some nurse is trying to check her pulse, heartrate. Next time they can just roll-up their sleeve, instead of pulling down their undies - LOL! And now that I think about it, seems every time the male was being masturbated, there was always commentary regarding "technique, grip, grasp etc." - so why the fems poorly portrayed?
2. Why must every female be completely shaved?? At least a little Pubic Hair, here or there, once in a while is more realistic - esp when portraying Bi/Lez characters - who, in RL have not surrendered to the male's "Barbi Doll Fucktoy" fantasy.
3. Annoying dialogue (again - like in "Petal among Thorns") .......... Does EVERY character have to be from a : broken home/dysfunctional family/traumatized/raped/abandoned - and on and on. It's as if dev is making EXCUSES for their behavior and sends the message if you engage in (so-called) taboo behavior, you better have a damn good excuse. Well, (so-called)"Normal" people like adventurous sex too!

Lastly - as so many others have said her - the Renders are lovely. I know how difficult and time-consuming they were - is appreciated.

So......... going to give "Penny for Thoughts" a try......... curious about the fem POV and if it's "relatable".

Last edited:

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
So......... going to give "Penny for Thoughts" a try......... curious about the fem POV and if it's "relatable".
Consider that fiction doesn't have to be relatable. See any nonsense Hollywood puts out about outer space, time-travel or super heroes running around in tights. Most of it is well received by the hoi polloi.

Fiction is an escape. It can be an escape from hairy vagines and middle-finger masturbators as well.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Armelle69

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
no, Penny is tangentially linked to Avalon since Penny made her debut in Avalon before being the central character in her own game, A Penny for Your Thoughts. As of yet, it appears APAT is completely independent though there is plans for a sequel, A Moment of Bliss, featuring several of the original characters in APAT.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
so other words, Penny for your thoughts is linked to petal among thorns?
No. Penny for Your Thoughts is actually a derivative work from Avalon which introduced Penny (the detective). Petal Among Thorns is a completely new story line and sort of a prequel to future stories on the same line.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
No. Penny for Your Thoughts is actually a derivative work from Avalon which introduced Penny (the detective). Petal Among Thorns is a completely new story line and sort of a prequel to future stories on the same line.
I have a question. You seem smarter than me, maybe you can help me understand sometyhing. I keep seeing different mods and patches, how do I download them and activate them?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The only mod for this one is the gallery unlocker. Click the link and follow the instructions. Most of the mods are pretty similar and have straightforward instructions.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Penny is the cancer that killed this vn. Such a great one until the devs made this more her story than the title character
Yeah I mainly agree with you here and that reminds me I forgot to give kudos to the dev for A Petal amongst thorns. In that game the importance and presence of Petal does not interfere with the feeling as MC as a MC. :) Something for me this game failed a bit in, though not ununderstandable with the heavy back subject on Avalon dev made it a male MC game to keep bit lighter while overall feels more like a game about the females. Unfortunately that became even worse with introduction Penny and removing the importance of another later char to next game instead of using her to improve Byron's story and importance in the game.

I hope dev will be able to keep that balance and focus right in rest of series of APAT when there will be more important females as just Petal and they will not take over from MC. The first installment of the series was very good imo though with a good balance between all chars even if Petal is clearly a main and also a driver of events she does not diminish MC, story and chars made sense and as many know I rarely say that especially in games with incest. :p Hell I even may have to support dev a little if he can keep that up in next few episodes of Bliss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Penny is the cancer that killed this vn. Such a great one until the devs made this more her story than the title character
I kinda liked her initially, but I can see how towards the end of this VN she kinda steals some of the attention from the main characters, making it about her and her quirky interactions with everyone including Leah, instead of just keeping her as a background character second to Byron and Avalon. I dunno, if I'm being totally honest, I immediately stopped liking her the minute she made a play for Leah and the decision of not including Leah into the poly-relationship. As of now, I'm not sure whether I want to play her game despite liking Lockheart's other game, A Petal Among Thorns.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
Hey guys, Im enjoying this VN a lot but I got a question about the paths... It says that we got 4 paths available to us, a poly path and a mono path, but does this mean that we got a mono ava, mono octavia, mono dallas paths and then a poly ava/octavia and a poly ava/dallas ? Ive read that there are other girls too? Im kinda confused. Thanks for the help in advance! :D

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Hey guys, Im enjoying this VN a lot but I got a question about the paths... It says that we got 4 paths available to us, a poly path and a mono path, but does this mean that we got a mono ava, mono octavia, mono dallas paths and then a poly ava/octavia and a poly ava/dallas ? Ive read that there are other girls too? Im kinda confused. Thanks for the help in advance! :D
I never tried a solo Dallas or Octavia route so I have no clue if they exist. The poly routes I can confirm though respectively.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
I never tried a solo Dallas or Octavia route so I have no clue if they exist. The poly routes I can confirm though respectively.
I see, Ill try seeing where the monogamous route leads to. And thanks for the reply! also I checked the guardian game after seeing it on your replies lol, that games really good too, really different from this one but its really good and has a massive amount of content. Thanks for basically recommending that game :p

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
Since you ask, I can spoil it for you: With polygamy you go with Byron & Avalon & Dallas/Octavia. With monogamy you only go with Byron & Avalon, while Dallas/Octavia finds their own love elsewhere. That is how I recall it with 95% captaincy after finishing it about 1-1½ years ago.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
Since you ask, I can spoil it for you: With polygamy you go with Byron & Avalon & Dallas/Octavia. With monogamy you only go with Byron & Avalon, while Dallas/Octavia finds their own love elsewhere. That is how I recall it with 95% captaincy after finishing it about 1-1½ years ago.
Thanks a lot for the answer!! does the story change much if you go monogamy? or is avalons route basically the same but
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
That reminds me, I never did go for the Octavia path. I went poly-relationship of course, but picked Dallas since she was already Avalon's bff and iirc they had fooled around so it just kind of made sense to pick her. Considering my love for milfs/matures I should have at least tried Octavia...might have to redownload again to play that path... :unsure:

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
That reminds me, I never did go for the Octavia path. (...) Considering my love for milfs/matures I should have at least tried Octavia...might have to redownload again to play that path... :unsure:
I also went with Dallas/poly first, but on my 2nd playthrough I went with Octavia and I liked the way we learn of her backstory and how she interacts (and interacted) with Penny. I liked both the energy Dallas brought but also the maturity and tenderness that Octavia brought. My 3rd playthrough was solo and I don't remember who it was with. I think it was Octavia again.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76
4.20 star(s) 111 Votes