4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

akiostein

Aug 9, 2021
I just finished playing it in 5 hours. rendering is pretty good. but for the story, the ending is a bit hanging, so it's confusing. but the rest is good.

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Games like this with really good visuals and such that dont offer pregnancy tags are wasted potential
There are always people who don't understand what pregnancy is.
Surprise : they are all men.
I'll never understand how some people can reduce pregnancy to a simple sexy fantasy :unsure:

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
I'll never understand how some people will minimize and shame other's fetishes. :unsure:
You're right... :unsure:
But I don't think I shamed it, I said I couldn't understand this one. I think (maybe I'm wrong) that people with this specific fetish just don't understand what pregnancy really can mean for a woman. It's absolutely not about sex : it's about creating life. Inserting pregnancy in some games somehow kills the kink (or at least, kills MY kink ^^).
Having erotic stories with pregnants women, that is perfectly ok, no problem. But believing that pregnancy is just another sexual activity like a blowjob is...

But in here, the problem isn't that some people have some "strange fetishes".
The problem is more that they tend to force these fetishes in games that clearly are not open to it.
"wasted potential", really ? I find this harsh.
He could have said "I would have liked it even more if there have been some pregnancy, cause the story had the potential for that"
Maybe I didn't understand what he rally wanted to say, and I overreacted, it's possible.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
There are always people who don't understand what pregnancy is.
Surprise : they are all men.
I'll never understand how some people can reduce pregnancy to a simple sexy fantasy :unsure:
There is no point in trying to understand or see the logic in other people's fetishes or kinks...they are what they are and its probably best to just move on and ignore them. That said, I also feel like that comment is such a non sequitur, as it can literally apply to any fill in the blank kink or fetish. I mean logically a VN having great visuals can be used to enhance anything really, this person just really gets off on pregnancy in this case and was miffed it wasn't included...oh well, the dev did not feel it was either appropriate or wanted to include it in his story.

Personally I think the way the lack of pregnancy content was mentioned was an inane comment, but I don't think it has anything to do with the poster being a man and taking for granted what pregnancy means in the real world for a woman. If anything they just failed to make a valid, well reasoned or logical argument why it was a missed opportunity...in my opinion. ;)

That said, I do not believe attaching a fetish to a specific gender is appropriate either. It's entirely possible those who enjoy any fetish, like pregnancy in this case can just as likely be women or men. Relax, at the end of the day it's just a fantasy and there is no reason to get defensive.

Reactions: Armelle69

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
So am encountering a little bug in act 5 after meeting Dr Yu. After that scene, his dialogue image keeps showing up right as and after someone elses shows, then theirs covers it.

Quite distracting. Anyone else get this happen?

Nm reloaded the act and it fixed it.

Last edited:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Tried this after enjoying the remastered version of A Moment of Bliss. The dialogue is absolutely excellent and I want to continue, but I find it impossible to look at any image with the girls (Avalon and Dallas) in them because the anime eyes are so jarring they are actually repulsive. I mean, the renders are lovely and the girls have sexy bodies but those eyes are just so out of place. Lockheart, I hope this also gets a remaster at some point.

• Angry
Reactions: TGafy

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Tried this after enjoying the remastered version of A Moment of Bliss. The dialogue is absolutely excellent and I want to continue, but I find it impossible to look at any image with the girls (Avalon and Dallas) in them because the anime eyes are so jarring they are actually repulsive. I mean, the renders are lovely and the girls have sexy bodies but those eyes are just so out of place. Lockheart, I hope this also gets a remaster at some point.
Two posts above yours. How can you not love her?

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Two posts above yours. How can you not love her?
It's a very cute picture, but is from the game? I only got as far as meeting Dallas, who I think is hot as fuck, but again those eyes...

That picture looks better than the images I saw in the game. But technically, the eyes and the iris are still too large. If that was the style Lockheart wanted then it is what it is, except LH has already stated it was a mistake all along. Anime is good stuff but the combination of only using anime eyes with the otherwise realistic style of the game doesn't work for me. Clearly, current fans of the game don't mind and that's OK. A remaster may be able to attract more attention to the game but I realize that's just wishful thinking, LH would probably be better off just moving forward with new projects.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Sorry for the dumb question but... Who's Leah? I'm deep in the 4th act and i haven't catched any Leah yet.

voyance12

Sep 27, 2022
I love this game primarily because MC is so attractive. He's very handsome. Is there any other game that has handsome male protagonist on it? So far, the MC here and the MC on Surviving with my daughter are the ones i have seen.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I went back and tried Avalon after finishing Petal Among Thorns, and I thought Avalon had better writing which was a little surprising as normally writers get more refined as they go on. In Petal, the daughters and father are practically indistinguishable in text alone. They all speak overly descriptive and poetic, for lack of a better word. Avalon's characters felt more differentiated, and you could easily take any line of text and guess who said it. It's a little strange. Makes me wonder if there were different people working on the text (writing or editing) behind the curtain. For what it's worth, that was my only qualm with Petal. Not trying to bash it. Just making an observation.

Reactions: voyance12
4.20 star(s) 111 Votes