4.20 star(s) 109 Votes

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018
I've been getting a lot of love for Octavia and I think it's really time for me to buckle down and find a way to bring out the beauty I saw in her when I first bought her model. So I've been playing around with some options and I think with a higher skin translucency and warmer lighting, we'll really bring her beauty to life. I'm going to let her hair down in this update and give her glasses back. Let me know what you think!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have to say, the look overall is much better. Love the hair and the glasses! My only criticism is that all of the women are not realistic enough and look a bit too caricature. Great game and love the writing!

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I have to say, the look overall is much better. Love the hair and the glasses! My only criticism is that all of the women are not realistic enough and look a bit too caricature. Great game and love the writing!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the story!

You know, I noticed that Avalon was a little unrealistic but I loved the model so much, I couldn't resist. If I do another game, I'll most certainly take more care with the characters. To be perfectly honest, this started off as a test game just to see what I could do. Haha. It certainly evolved!

I'm glad you like Octavia. She's going to be a lot of fun in this next Act. :)

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
I spent most of my time recovering from laughing than actually reading! When it was time for the serious stuff, it was handled appropriately and I did felt engaged and sympathetic ti the characters. Great job Lockheart! Just 2 minor gripes:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I spent most of my time recovering from laughing than actually reading! When it was time for the serious stuff, it was handled appropriately and I did felt engaged and sympathetic ti the characters. Great job Lockheart! Just 2 minor gripes:

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate that. I'm going to research the eye issue and try to re-render the really bad ones.

I agree about the inner monologue. I prefer to tell the story with pictures as much as possible. But in order to show you a picture, there has to be text on the screen. It's a tricky problem but I'm going to put some thought into it. Thank you for letting me know!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and I'm learning so much from the great community here. It's easy to do better with people like you helping me out. Thank you so much!

Reactions: M.Sato

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! The models are all Genesis 8; the most recent models. In future games, I'll probably work with more realistic looking models though. I know Avalon looks a bit plastic but I was head over heels in love with the model when I saw it, I couldn't resist! Thank you again for playing! :)

Thank you for playing! I'm glad you found it humorous, I worked really hard on their personalities and I feel like that hard work really paid off. I'm taking extra care with the next Act so it'll be about four to six weeks before it is out.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. You didn't like Dallas? People seem very divided on Dallas. Octavia has been difficult to work with, her model is... unique. In the right light, she's very pretty but it can be hard to capture that sometimes. Most of the story does revolve around Byron and Avalon though, and it will in the future too. :)
Now that you mentioned Dallas i had to look at the photos on the first page, because i do not think i encountered her in game. That is the other girl with freckles right? If that is her then yes she is cute, much more than Octavia or the detective girl, actually reminds me of Avalon. Did i miss something, or have i just forgotten about her? I do not know but i am pretty sure i did not see her in game. I remember only Avalon, her mom, Octavia and the detective girl. I may have forgotten though, playing a couple of games at the moment.

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Now that you mentioned Dallas i had to look at the photos on the first page, because i do not think i encountered her in game. That is the other girl with freckles right? If that is her then yes she is cute, much more than Octavia or the detective girl, actually reminds me of Avalon. Did i miss something, or have i just forgotten about her? I do not know but i am pretty sure i did not see her in game. I remember only Avalon, her mom, Octavia and the detective girl. I may have forgotten though, playing a couple of games at the moment.

At the beginning of the game, you choose which friend shows up.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
As Harlequin said, there's two paths. If you choose the Dallas path, all the encounters that you had with Octavia will no longer happen and instead you'll get scenes with Dallas. You essentially get to choose who the secondary girl is.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017

holy crap.

so. where do i start?

at first i was a little taken aback by how heavy the game was, because the humor and banter is just top notch and hilarious. and awesome.

but man. it has completely grown on me and if i say that this is becoming a new favorite it might curse you! so i won't. but holy crap.

i played the dallas route first, awesome, then went back to see octavia and even more awesome! penny is great, avalon is cute. i like the look, and i like the writing. hands down great.

however, like past games i've loved (Pandelo i miss you, Ced please come back), i really really want to see how this goes and continues on. best of luck, please please let us see a completed tag on this someday. =)

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019

holy crap.

so. where do i start?

at first i was a little taken aback by how heavy the game was, because the humor and banter is just top notch and hilarious. and awesome.

but man. it has completely grown on me and if i say that this is becoming a new favorite it might curse you! so i won't. but holy crap.

i played the dallas route first, awesome, then went back to see octavia and even more awesome! penny is great, avalon is cute. i like the look, and i like the writing. hands down great.

however, like past games i've loved (Pandelo i miss you, Ced please come back), i really really want to see how this goes and continues on. best of luck, please please let us see a completed tag on this someday. =)
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Comments like these really help keep me going!

I was actually just talking to someone about how many games get abandoned here. Fortunately, this isn't going to be an incredibly long game. So it's already nearly half complete. The only way I wouldn't finish is if something terrible happened. Which is extreme very unlikely!

It makes me pretty giddy seeing everyone's reaction to Octavia. I'm excited to reveal more about her! I can confirm that she's not affiliated with any religion. She's not an Angel. That's just how Byron sees her. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to experience my story!

• Love
Reactions: blastwave2k

alominus

Oct 8, 2019
I've been getting a lot of love for Octavia and I think it's really time for me to buckle down and find a way to bring out the beauty I saw in her when I first bought her model. So I've been playing around with some options and I think with a higher skin translucency and warmer lighting, we'll really bring her beauty to life. I'm going to let her hair down in this update and give her glasses back. Let me know what you think!

Much better. I was avoiding the octavia route because she looks like a granny in a younger person's body to me... if that makes sense.

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Much better. I was avoiding the octavia route because she looks like a granny in a younger person's body to me... if that makes sense.
Lol. It does make sense. But she's supposed to be very maternal. Loving. Caring. Kind of like a grandma, I guess. :p

A super hot grandma with a booty! :D

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Ok i see now, a lot of sceenes eyes are just out of place, creeping out

i filled bucket with couple images in the link
Thank you for pointing these out! I've redone some of the images and I think they look much better now. If you notice anymore, please let me know! :)

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Thank you! For this amazing game. I love that you have stepped up and tackled this subject matter. It needed done and you are doing it brilliantly. "Janies Got A Gun"?
Thank you, I really appreciate that. It's a tricky subject, indeed. I wanted to convey the impact rape has on someone. And I feel like a few scenes really bring that out and show it in all its horror. But I also wanted to move on from that subject and show that you can still find love, you can get back your sexuality and you can still be happy after such an ordeal. I may have just moved the story along too quickly.

I'm so glad you liked it. That truly means so much to me. Thank you again for the incredible signatures!

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017
Thank you, I really appreciate that. It's a tricky subject, indeed. I wanted to convey the impact rape has on someone. And I feel like a few scenes really bring that out and show it in all its horror. But I also wanted to move on from that subject and show that you can still find love, you can get back your sexuality and you can still be happy after such an ordeal. I may have just moved the story along too quickly.

I'm so glad you liked it. That truly means so much to me. Thank you again for the incredible signatures!
You're very welcome and IMHO Dallas should have her own show. :LOL: :p :LOL:

Dallas.png

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I have to say my favourite part is the interactions and interplay between characters, especially Byron and Dallas. Honestly them taking potshots at each other so playfully was the highlight for me. You really have a knack for writing funny dialogue and yet deftly treat the darker subject matter with respect. Keep up the great work and hope we see more Byron and Dallas!

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I have to say my favourite part is the interactions and interplay between characters, especially Byron and Dallas. Honestly them taking potshots at each other so playfully was the highlight for me. You really have a knack for writing funny dialogue and yet deftly treat the darker subject matter with respect. Keep up the great work and hope we see more Byron and Dallas!
Dallas was my favorite part to write early on. In fact, I'd say the Circle Game is probably the reason I decided to extend Avalon from a practice game to a full on story. As the other characters started really taking shape and growing into their own, I quickly became attached to them as well. When I did Penny's lingerie store scene, I really adored her as well. If everyone else starts to see her as I see her, she could warrant her own spin off game.

I'm very glad you are enjoying Avalon. Thank you so much for letting me know! :)

4.20 star(s) 109 Votes