4.20 star(s) 111 Votes

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I rarely post here but had to when I started looking in to this and was just mesmerized by the story, the wit, the back and forth, you have talent. Forget sex for a minute, adding sex here would be a finishing touch to a (potential) masterpiece.

I hope you pursue this as more than a hobby. Your human side and how you tell each character's side is, quite frankly, nothing I've seen here. You also took a very sensitive and fragile topic and made everyone comfortable going through the game.

Amazing, I just hope you don't waste your time by NOT pursuing something like this more on fuller time.
Wow, I got to wake up to this comment. This made my entire day. Thank you so much!

I'm going to put as much time into this as I can. We'll definitely see steady updates. Thanks again for enjoying my story!

Reactions: philberttroy33

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Is my PC going crazy or does the game frequently use pauses in the dialogue that aren't skippable?
That's so weird, I just encountered that in another game. I thought it was intentional too.

My game should have no pauses that are not skippable. It may be an error.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
That's so weird, I just encountered that in another game. I thought it was intentional too.

Strange, i did not notice any pauses. He might have a corrupt download.

Reactions: Lockheart

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
i dont play kinetic novels...sorry..and because i dont was no need to comment here...
I don't play KN's either, but I gave this a go because it has good ratings. It was pretty good, the MC has beard too so you can immerse better ;) . It does have 2 different routes, so its not totally kinetic either.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I don't play KN's either, but I gave this a go because it has good ratings. It was pretty good, the MC has beard too so you can immerse better ;) . It does have 2 different routes, so its not totally kinetic either.
I really appreciate that you gave it a chance! Thank you!

I'd love to improve my work and do better in the future. May I ask why you don't tend to play KN's? What kind of choices do you prefer in Visual Novels? Any feedback would really help me out! :)

Reactions: Chaly

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
While Avalon is in the pool with Octavia, she mentions that her mother has brought foul men around pretty much ever since Johnny died. And that's why she's had trust issues with men, she's simply been around the worst of them.
Yeah that must be it. I'm taking the Dallas route though, I do love bad girls.

Satome

Aug 26, 2019
I played both versions. I like the storytelling in general of both versions, but I'm happy that the newer one isn't that dark (yet). The new Penny is much more believable than the just crazy one before. Hopefully, you'll show us more background story of Byron and Johnny and why his wife became who she is now.
The only thing I may criticize is Avalon coping a bit too fast with the rape for my liking and I think this is a bit badly researched. A single nightmare wouldn't be the only reaction to this kind of thread if you ask me.
But all in all, I like very much that banter between the characters and how the story developed so far. I'm looking forward to the next version.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I played both versions. I like the storytelling in general of both versions, but I'm happy that the newer one isn't that dark (yet). The new Penny is much more believable than the just crazy one before. Hopefully, you'll show us more background story of Byron and Johnny and why his wife became who she is now.
The only thing I may criticize is Avalon coping a bit too fast with the rape for my liking and I think this is a bit badly researched. A single nightmare wouldn't be the only reaction to this kind of thread if you ask me.
But all in all, I like very much that banter between the characters and how the story developed so far. I'm looking forward to the next version.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I agree, new Penny is much better.

Last edited:

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I played Dallas path and I must say the humor is amazing in this game. I really enjoyed so far. Character personalities are good, art quality is decent but character models a little out of date for my taste but I will follow this game anyway. Thank you for your work Lockheart.

Reactions: Chaly and Lockheart

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017

Yeah I checked your script.rpy and there seemed to be no intentional pauses... but nonetheless, I finished playing the game and I gotta say, this game is funny, witty and the girls are quite hot. Can't wait for the next version. :)

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Played the game and liked it. The main reason is Avalon, she is very cute, and her model has a decent render quality and attention to details. Now, the problem is that i did not like any of the other women in the game. I did not find them attractive at all. So hopefully all the attention goes to Avalon and her relationship building with her ˝uncle˝.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I played Dallas path and I must say the humor is amazing in this game. I really enjoyed so far. Character personalities are good, art quality is decent but character models a little out of date for my taste but I will follow this game anyway. Thank you for your work Lockheart.
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! The models are all Genesis 8; the most recent models. In future games, I'll probably work with more realistic looking models though. I know Avalon looks a bit plastic but I was head over heels in love with the model when I saw it, I couldn't resist! Thank you again for playing! :)

Yeah I checked your script.rpy and there seemed to be no intentional pauses... but nonetheless, I finished playing the game and I gotta say, this game is funny, witty and the girls are quite hot. Can't wait for the next version. :)
Thank you for playing! I'm glad you found it humorous, I worked really hard on their personalities and I feel like that hard work really paid off. I'm taking extra care with the next Act so it'll be about four to six weeks before it is out.

Played the game and liked it. The main reason is Avalon, she is very cute, and her model has a decent render quality and attention to details. Now, the problem is that i did not like any of the other women in the game. I did not find them attractive at all. So hopefully all the attention goes to Avalon and her relationship building with her ˝uncle˝.
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. You didn't like Dallas? People seem very divided on Dallas. Octavia has been difficult to work with, her model is... unique. In the right light, she's very pretty but it can be hard to capture that sometimes. Most of the story does revolve around Byron and Avalon though, and it will in the future too. :)

alominus

Oct 8, 2019
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! The models are all Genesis 8; the most recent models. In future games, I'll probably work with more realistic looking models though. I know Avalon looks a bit plastic but I was head over heels in love with the model when I saw it, I couldn't resist! Thank you again for playing! :)

Thank you for playing! I'm glad you found it humorous, I worked really hard on their personalities and I feel like that hard work really paid off. I'm taking extra care with the next Act so it'll be about four to six weeks before it is out.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. You didn't like Dallas? People seem very divided on Dallas. Octavia has been difficult to work with, her model is... unique. In the right light, she's very pretty but it can be hard to capture that sometimes. Most of the story does revolve around Byron and Avalon though, and it will in the future too. :)
Dallas is my favorite character, other than the MC ofc. The MC is awesome. I wish I had someone like Dallas in my life! That would be an adventure for sure.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I've been getting a lot of love for Octavia and I think it's really time for me to buckle down and find a way to bring out the beauty I saw in her when I first bought her model. So I've been playing around with some options and I think with a higher skin translucency and warmer lighting, we'll really bring her beauty to life. I'm going to let her hair down in this update and give her glasses back. Let me know what you think!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I've been getting a lot of love for Octavia and I think it's really time for me to buckle down and find a way to bring out the beauty I saw in her when I first bought her model. So I've been playing around with some options and I think with a higher skin translucency and warmer lighting, we'll really bring her beauty to life. I'm going to let her hair down in this update and give her glasses back. Let me know what you think!

Nice! :love:

Mark6464

Apr 21, 2018
...So I've been playing around with some options and I think with a higher skin translucency and warmer lighting, we'll really bring her beauty to life. I'm going to let her hair down in this update and give her glasses back. Let me know what you think!
My 2 cents worth - I like her longer hair and her skin tone in Pic 2. Maybe in the story, introduce her to a tanning booth - on a very low setting. (you don't want to fry her!)

But I'm just not fond of her glasses in #2. Maybe change the frames or color, I dunno.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
My 2 cents worth - I like her longer hair and her skin tone in Pic 2. Maybe in the story, introduce her to a tanning booth - on a very low setting. (you don't want to fry her!)

But I'm just not fond of her glasses in #2. Maybe change the frames or color, I dunno.
She's not going to look that much more tan in the game. That picture is really dramatized.

You don't like the glasses?? I think she looks so cute! Well, if other people feel the same way, I'll go ahead and either lose them or try something a bit different.

Thanks for the feedback, Mark! It really helps! :D

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018

I have to say, the look overall is much better. Love the hair and the glasses! My only criticism is that all of the women are not realistic enough and look a bit too caricature. Great game and love the writing!

4.20 star(s) 111 Votes