4.20 star(s) 109 Votes

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Almost got added to my "can't be bothered to restart due to saves not working" list of games - but I'll persevere due the comedy element primarily. Avalon monogamy saves on both paths & polygamy save from Octavia path from working 5.2 versions borked. Only one that worked was polygamy save from Dallas path.

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
I really enjoy this game so please continue. Do not let a few stupid negative comments prevent you from continuing on the story. there are many of us who can not wait for the next update. This is one of the many under rated game here on the site. Thanks for the share.

rem3403

Oct 19, 2017
I really enjoy this game so please continue. Do not let a few stupid negative comments prevent you from continuing on the story. there are many of us who can not wait for the next update. This is one of the many under rated game here on the site. Thanks for the share.
exactly...and don't let all the whiners convince you to change your story around...write the story you want...all the games in here are the same boring thing these days...something different is welcomed in my book.

Willywonka

Jun 1, 2017
FFS another game that goes with some pointless rework,that fucks with saves and had 2 start over. Just because someone wants there name on display

nonsens

Donor
Sep 15, 2017
FFS another game that goes with some pointless rework,that fucks with saves and had 2 start over. Just because someone wants there name on display
why ??? do you not like your name .... giggle
then don't play this and leave your comment with you

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Lockheart Just some advice on your variables that you declare, best practice is to declare them in an init block, init python block, or by using default or define. All of those initialize the variables when the user clicks on the .exe to load up the game making them ready for use anywhere in the code. Using just $ to declare the variables in the code is OK, but if the user somehow doesn't encounter that in their playthrough and you use it to determine the path a player is on, ex: if monogamy - do this, it will crash the game, using the others makes sure it doesn't happen.

Willywonka

Jun 1, 2017
nonsens

i guess ur one of those that likes 2 star the game allover again with each update,good 4 u,i on the other hand like 2 continue the story from where i left it.I like the game i dislike the choice made by dev because of the preasure from ppl.And no i dont hate or dislike my name i just dont have the need 2 see it in every game i play

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I resisted hard on allowing Byron's name to be changed. But ultimately, it's something people really wanted and I wanted to make sure they were able to play Avalon the way they wanted to play it. At the beginning of the current content, you get the option to change Byron's name so I tried really hard to make this a version that does still allow you to use old saves. Sorry if it was an inconvenience.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I resisted hard on allowing Byron's name to be changed. But ultimately, it's something people really wanted and I wanted to make sure they were able to play Avalon the way they wanted to play it. At the beginning of the current content, you get the option to change Byron's name so I tried really hard to make this a version that does still allow you to use old saves. Sorry if it was an inconvenience.
This is one of those things where you cannot please everyone, some people like their names, less immersive players like someone elses name sometimes. Considering replaying every time, well we do know we play games in development, but the bigger a game gets the more annoying it becomes especially if dev updates regularly. :p Some devs try to mitigate that problem by supplying a few savegames for the most important routes in such a case. They often have enough times played through game themselves to have a few. :p

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I suspect that the word you were wanting to use in the description is "Polyamory", not "Polygamy". These are not the same thing. You might want to fix that. :)
You're right, Polyamory would technically be more appropriate. Polygamy generally refers to 'Marriage', but it is also is more associated with a man taking multiple female partners. Where as Polyamory could imply males with males and females with other males. I don't want people thinking there could be NTR in Avalon because there's not. But you're technically right.

Reactions: onitiyashi

Dathos

Jan 25, 2019
You're right, Polyamory would technically be more appropriate. Polygamy generally refers to 'Marriage', but it is also is more associated with a man taking multiple female partners. Where as Polyamory could imply males with males and females with other males. I don't want people thinking there could be NTR in Avalon because there's not. But you're technically right.
I'm not sure where you get that polyamory implies gay or NTR content. Polyamory is simply having a consensual open relationship with more than two partners. I know many straight hetero poly folks. Polygamy, on the other hand, is illegal in the US (although Utah has managed to reduce the severity of it, it's still illegal), whereas polyamory is not. The unfortunate reality is that many people are misinformed to believe that the two terms mean the same thing, and they very much do not. As someone who's been poly for more than twenty years, and has been involved in sex education for about as long, I lean towards correcting folks when they get the two mixed up.

I know of several developers who have been very clear that their games do not contain NTR, even when the tag is not there, for similar reasons. That might be a direction you would wish to pursue. I've played the game, and while I do enjoy it, the incorrect terminology tends to put me off every time it comes up.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You can't please everyone (all you have to please our darling Avalon).
You're making an interesting game, and you created it yourself without a host of outside voices.
It's a good game with a dark underlying plot, a lot like real life.

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Wait, people actually bitch about his game? This is one of the better-written ones on this site and besides personal tastes in visuals and character models which is subjective, what's the point complaining about the story if the theme doesn't suit you, to begin with. I personally enjoy your work and wish you luck in further development, don't get disheartened just because some people don't appreciate other people's hard work.(y)

Lost gamer

Sep 5, 2017
Got a few of my saves to load, but now my MC is called "Player Name" Anyone know how to fix this?

FYI Penny is one of my favorite characters in any game on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneprone

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Wait, people actually bitch about his game? This is one of the better-written ones on this site and besides personal tastes in visuals and character models which is subjective, what's the point complaining about the story if the theme doesn't suit you, to begin with. I personally enjoy your work and wish you luck in further development, don't get disheartened just because some people don't appreciate other people's hard work.(y)
Some of the negative responses I can sort of understand. I know it's a touchy subject for a lot of people. But a lot of the complaints are just bizarre. It's part of being an artist, I suppose. Everyone's a critic. Haha.

Those that do enjoy Avalon tend to be extremely passionate and supportive of it though. And I appreciate your support! :)

Reactions: blastwave2k

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Some of the negative responses I can sort of understand. I know it's a touchy subject for a lot of people. But a lot of the complaints are just bizarre. It's part of being an artist, I suppose. Everyone's a critic. Haha.

Those that do enjoy Avalon tend to be extremely passionate and supportive of it though. And I appreciate your support! :)
Some people are too sensitive and selfish to a point of absurdity but don't worry you get used to it and find a personal way to deal with it, people will always find things to complain and bitch about no matter what you do and how you do it, especially when it comes to personal and art-related projects. Just be honest with those who support you, stay true to your work, and most importantly have fun. I'm writing from personal experience.;)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
4.20 star(s) 109 Votes