4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So I was not going to say anything this time but Xianne told me to tell you if I do and I do: I really like Avalon! great work Lockheart!

I really enjoy when characters have a well defined personality and you made a great job showing that. I don't think I have to mention that Penny is without a doubt the best character, every time she appears you know something hilarious will happen. But I like pretty much all of them, Avalon is a great girl and I am crazy about Dallas. I have no idea about the Milf alternative to Dallas, never picked her choice and totally not interested for now XD.

I totally dislike ratings for work in progress as the essence of a novel can totally change after a simple event and sometimes terrific/terrible work become terrible/terrific. However, I do want to comment something that for me felt weird and just looking quick at reviews after Xianne mentioned some were pretty hard I do feel some are justified. Alfred The Fallen rated with one star. Like I said I disagree with ratings and I mentioned I think Avalon is really good, so for me a one star is totally nuts. But he has a point: the transition from "uncle Byron" to "Uncle/lover Byron" felt forced. I was totally looking to help a trouble kid and suddenly I was tying to fuck her. I mention this because I felt it before I read the rating. I am not saying to change anything. But I do feel that while pretty much everything else felt so natural and characters feel so alive and real, this one choice felt forced to show people asking for sex content that sex was getting nearer. I don't want to tell you what to do, but I would like to mention that I would have waited for Byron/Avalon romance and maybe make Byron start something with the other characters and in the future see how Byron/Avalon relationship develop. Again, my intention is not to change anything, I really love it. Just trying to bring some constructive criticism. But totally disregard what I say, as I have mentioned in other threads, I am known for having no common sense.

Kniges

Mar 26, 2018
I've gotten a little better with the facial expressions. It's really important to me to have expressions that fit the scene and the dialogue. But it's hard sometimes to get them to look just right. They get better as you progress though! I think...
well.. the expressions are already great, except for that one scene where avalon freaked out because of her nightmare (it freak me out too XD). overall very great, keep it up

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Loved the game, extremely well written and I can't wait for the next part. I originally played because I think this is the first game I see on here where the MC has a proper full on beard, not just dirt rubbed on their face. Your attention to detail when animating the faces is excellent, very effectively conveys the tone and cadence of the speaker, you can almost hear them lol. The MC is a gem, I love the banter. I am also absolutely positive that at some point penny will climb all over the Mc like a monkey, a tiny cute monkey.

erkper

May 16, 2018
It might be because I removed a sizable chunk of dialogue due to a change that was highly requested. Instead of Dallas pursuing Evans in the Mono path, she's going to be starting a relationship with someone else.

I really am sorry about that. I know it's a pain to start over. :confused:
I also have an issue when loading a save that it forgets the name I gave it and calls me [Player Name]. I don't really mind restarting, it's not THAT far into the story yet - I'd suggest the "Saves prior to 4.0 won't work" comment on the OP be adjusted to this update.

Reactions: Lockheart

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
I've been reading this topic on and off and seen alot of people complaining about petty things.

I came here because for a short time this was tagged with the rape tag which later was removed. I'm a person that tries to find the darker gems out there that involve some sort of rape, bdsm, domination from the players side (don't matter fem or male) forced pregnancy and stuff like that. Just finding a game that has 2 or 3 of these is extremely difficult to find. This game has non of that. So at first I was disappointed that this was just yet another "rape" tag that happens off screen.

But that was a long time ago, why do I keep coming back and check this game out? Well, this game got me with the story. There's hardly any sex scenes in it to talk about and usually I would drop such games without even thinking about it, but I still come back to Avalon despite that. The story really got me here and I feel like I want to come back and find out what happens (especially on Dallas poly route).

So if this game can make a person like me come back to check it out every update, you know this game is good.

So dev, keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a fantastic work blending in humor and building up the relationships.

Now back to my search of more darker games.

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
It might be because I removed a sizable chunk of dialogue due to a change that was highly requested. Instead of Dallas pursuing Evans in the Mono path, she's going to be starting a relationship with someone else.

I really am sorry about that. I know it's a pain to start over. :confused:
I took alook at your code and the problem is that you define player_name and game_new in the start label from script.rpy

Since most saves have already completed label start without those flags being in there it will break them.

My suggestion is that you define game_new in script.rpy by having this at the top:
Code:
init:
    $ game_new = false
Then in script5.rpy you should have this at the top:
Code:
default player_name = "Byron"
in the same file (script5.rpy code line 1282) instead of
Code:
if not hasattr(store, "game_new"):
     jump renamelabel
just have it a simple if statement that
Code:
if new_game==False 
    jump renamelabel
But then again... this is just my suggestion and your game so the choice is yours. At least now you should have an idea why the old saves are breaking.

Edit: Grammar mistakes and cleaned up a bit

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
It looks like the moderators of F95 really cleaned house so I'm sorry if your messages got deleted. Please come visit me on Discord if you would like to talk off topic. <3

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
the transition from "uncle Byron" to "Uncle/lover Byron" felt forced.
I know. I've heard that a lot. And I know it feels like that relationship took off really fast. Because it did. By design.

There are a few places in the game where it's explained why the relationship moved so quickly. Octavia has some relatively good insight on what's going on with Avalon. So it's kind of one of those games that you have to explore all the paths to really understand everything because there's little bits of information here and there that put all the pieces together.

Octavia is not a milf. I don't know why people keep seeing her as an old lady. She's around Byron's age! Ahaha. And she really is so pretty. Especially as her path goes on, she gets prettier. I suggest giving her a chance. It's truly a different experience. :)

I sure am glad you enjoyed Avalon. That means the world to me. Thank you so much!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I know. I've heard that a lot. And I know it feels like that relationship took off really fast. Because it did. By design.

There are a few places in the game where it's explained why the relationship moved so quickly. Octavia has some relatively good insight on what's going on with Avalon. So it's kind of one of those games that you have to explore all the paths to really understand everything because there's little bits of information here and there that put all the pieces together.

Octavia is not a milf. I don't know why people keep seeing her as an old lady. She's around Byron's age! Ahaha. And she really is so pretty. Especially as her path goes on, she gets prettier. I suggest giving her a chance. It's truly a different experience. :)

I sure am glad you enjoyed Avalon. That means the world to me. Thank you so much!
Ohh I will look into her path then. Never imagined it could explain other stuff. Thank you.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Loved the game, extremely well written and I can't wait for the next part. I originally played because I think this is the first game I see on here where the MC has a proper full on beard, not just dirt rubbed on their face. Your attention to detail when animating the faces is excellent, very effectively conveys the tone and cadence of the speaker, you can almost hear them lol. The MC is a gem, I love the banter. I am also absolutely positive that at some point penny will climb all over the Mc like a monkey, a tiny cute monkey.
I've become a little obsessed with beards lately. I think it's the generation. And I wanted to make Byron a man and not just some horny little perverted teenager. But he's flawed and does stupid things sometimes like a normal man does. Which I thought was really important to add to his character. You can make mistakes, you can be a dope sometimes. The important thing is that you press forward and keep trying to do whats best for yourself and those you love. Because that's what makes a man.

The facial expressions can be so hard to get right but they are so worth it! Especially when Avalon contorts her face in complete and utter disapproval of Byron's stupid jokes. Ahaha. I love her.

You know, Penny getting with the MC is going to be a little difficult but I think I have a way to possibly make it happen. Because you're right, that would be pretty hot. Haha. You should see Penny with Octavia though. Even Octavia is huge compared to little Penny!

Thank you so much for enjoying Avalon. :giggle:

Reactions: ontach and Landerk

Praenuntius

Mar 31, 2020
The fanbase will split into 'Dallaser' and 'Octavialics' :D

And we can't forget about the Cult of Megalodon, which members simply want to eat them all

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Ohh I will look into her path then. Never imagined it could explain other stuff. Thank you.
It's a whole different path. Many scenes are completely different. Instead of going to the gym for combat training, Octavia takes her to a Spa. So you really only get part of the game if you only play one path. Which is fine! But if you love Avalon, I so recommend both. I put a lot of effort into both girl's paths. :)

Reactions: Ayhsel

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So dev, keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a fantastic work blending in humor and building up the relationships.
Thank you so much! Some of the complaints I can understand. Avalon is a unique game that explores a very sensitive topic. It makes some people uncomfortable. And that's okay. There are some games that I can't play because they hit a little too close to home. So I get it.

I really appreciate comments like yours though. They really help me push through and persevere. Thank you!

We're going to be getting to the sexy content soon but it won't hit any of your kinks. I'm sorry about that. I'm a big softy! Haha.

And regarding the code, thank you so much! I hate to tell you this, but someone actually pointed out those exact flaws. I've made the changes and we'll see less errors in the next release. This was a bad release for many reasons. You can't win them all. But I really do appreciate any and all help regarding code, it's my weakness! Thank you!

Reactions: Mikedazz1

moudy

Mar 2, 2017
Thank you so much! Some of the complaints I can understand. Avalon is a unique game that explores a very sensitive topic. It makes some people uncomfortable. And that's okay. There are some games that I can't play because they hit a little too close to home. So I get it.
Sure some of it is justified but if you focus too much on what others think, you might loose on what your original plan was and why you started, and that will only hurt you in the long term. Devs get alot more respect if they have a vision about what they want to do and stick with it. Minor changes here and there doesn't matter that much, but overall, just stick with your story and tell the story you want as a dev.

And regarding the code, thank you so much! I hate to tell you this, but someone actually pointed out those exact flaws. I've made the changes and we'll see less errors in the next release. This was a bad release for many reasons. You can't win them all. But I really do appreciate any and all help regarding code, it's my weakness! Thank you!
No worries. Just didn't see anyone commenting on it here so I thought I would share it in the thread. If someone else was quicker and told you on another platform, that just means that the person is more a fan of the game than I am ;)

• Red Heart

Raizen-sama

Oct 20, 2017
I really like what you are doing, just stick with your vision, cannot please everybody, keep up with good work.

PS: I know the game is about MC and Avalon exploring each other, helping her to get through trauma etc., but damn I would leave her for Dallas :D

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I really like what you are doing, just stick with your vision, cannot please everybody, keep up with good work.

PS: I know the game is about MC and Avalon exploring each other, helping her to get through trauma etc., but damn I would leave her for Dallas :D
Omg, Ahaha. Poor Avalon. You're really going to like the next update. :)

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Ok, so this is really a 10/10 for me. Even if the early part of it was kinda hard for me it wasn't anything explicit so I got over it. Really love all the characters.
I'm not going to lie, writing the night scene for Act One was really rough on me. Lots of tears. :cry:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Reactions: ProtDan

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
I've become a little obsessed with beards lately. I think it's the generation. And I wanted to make Byron a man and not just some horny little perverted teenager. But he's flawed and does stupid things sometimes like a normal man does. Which I thought was really important to add to his character. You can make mistakes, you can be a dope sometimes. The important thing is that you press forward and keep trying to do whats best for yourself and those you love. Because that's what makes a man.

The facial expressions can be so hard to get right but they are so worth it! Especially when Avalon contorts her face in complete and utter disapproval of Byron's stupid jokes. Ahaha. I love her.

You know, Penny getting with the MC is going to be a little difficult but I think I have a way to possibly make it happen. Because you're right, that would be pretty hot. Haha. You should see Penny with Octavia though. Even Octavia is huge compared to little Penny!

Thank you so much for enjoying Avalon. :giggle:
I literally mean climb on him lol, he's huge.

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
hey a post of mine was deleted, reason given just said OT. whassat mean? might be the first time I got deleted

4.20 star(s) 112 Votes