4.20 star(s) 112 Votes

Landerk

May 20, 2018
This is a Penny heavy Act for several reasons. I'm sure sad to hear you don't like her. I have so much fun working with her. She plays a big part in the physical offensive against those who caused Byron's and Avalon's trauma. She helps them put to rest their past, while Dallas and Octavia are more supportive in a present and future capacity. A big theme for Avalon is the necessity for support from friends and family when overcoming traumatic experiences.

Penny is also really friggin' cute!

I think Penny is cute as well, I like the ninja stuff, seeing her workout routine was cool, I'm on the poly path with Dallas, but I'm hoping that I will still get to see some naughty content between Penny and the others, the kiss Dallas gave her was cute.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Dammit, we need a path that will get us all the scenes in one playthrough, like the magic bullet that killed JFK. :ROFLMAO: I mean, why can't the MC search the internet for tips on how to help Avalon AND ask Octavia about it? Doesn't he need all the help he can get?

Reactions: TrulyDemented1

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Dammit, we need a path that will get us all the scenes in one playthrough, like the magic bullet that killed JFK. :ROFLMAO: I mean, why can't the MC search the internet for tips on how to help Avalon AND ask Octavia about it? Doesn't he need all the help he can get?
There are a lot of people that will absolutely not play my game because it's too straight forward and there's not enough choice. I agree with you, I wanted to tell a single, straight shot story. But, the people want options! And I am a generous developer. :)

It's good and bad, I like the idea that you can play through it multiple times for multiple different experiences. Especially because there are a lot of little things you won't catch unless you play it multiple times.

Do it, ontach! Play Avalon ten times! No, one hundred times!! Until you can recite the lines by heart! :devilish:

83wulf

May 14, 2019
Your game has a lot going for it, and I like it.

I really would like to encourage you not to listen too much to petty criticism, or petulant “requests”. If you try to please everyone, you will end up with a steaming turd.

There really is just one captain on the bridge. I’d much rather play your game than something mangled by a committee of forum crybabies, or self-entitled Patreon Bonapartes.
You could end up with a game that you don’t even like yourself. A directionless husk. Would you finish such a thing? Not sure I would.

Just do your thing and be confident. You are doing more than fine.
I look forward to your next update.

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Your game has a lot going for it, and I like it.

I really would like to encourage you not to listen too much to petty criticism, or petulant “requests”. If you try to please everyone, you will end up with a steaming turd.

There really is just one captain on the bridge. I’d much rather play your game than something mangled by a committee of forum crybabies, or self-entitled Patreon Bonapartes.
You could end up with a game that you don’t even like yourself. A directionless husk. Would you finish such a thing? Not sure I would.

Just do your thing and be confident. You are doing more than fine.
I look forward to your next update.
Thank you, 83wulf! I think a good portion of complaints are about sexual content, or lack there of. And we're so close to getting to that stuff! A slow burn is rewarding.

Some criticism can help push me in the right direction but a lot of it, you're right, will derail my work. But I'm going to make sure whatever the final product is, it's something worth playing and something I'm proud of. :)

Reactions: Landerk and 83wulf

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I think a good portion of complaints are about sexual content, or lack there of.
Well, you are in really good company then. I don't know if you follow many other games on these forums in your "spare" time, but if you look at the Deluca Family thread, one of the great slow burn games here, at least once per page someone complains loudly that they feel cheated because they were forced to play a free game and only found out at the end that there is still no hard sexual content as of the latest update :ROFLMAO: .

• Haha
Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I am really enjoying the game and for sure don't find anything offensive in it. One of the best games. Keep it up
Thank you, David Carr. It's comments like these that help me keep me moving forward with my chin up. :)

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
I just want to say Thank You Lockheart .....

Great game.. love the characters, love the the relationship between MC and Dallas, so funny, keep it up Lockhart, really great writing and always love when lots of comedy is thrown in ... this has become my new fav.
Ohh I forgot there was a second path

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Ohh I forgot there was a second path
Octavia is a much different person. A lot of people have found her to be their favorite. :)

Also, each side girl's path has a Mono and a Poly divide so there's technically four paths. But I would hold off on the Mono paths until I have more content for them.

GermanioBR

Dec 3, 2018
I have some crashes using saves from 5.2... someone else??

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Avalon .5.4
Mon May 04 22:00:29 2020

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I have some crashes using saves from 5.2... someone else??

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "D:\Downloads\Megasync\Avalon-54-pc\Avalon-.5.4-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Avalon .5.4
Mon May 04 22:00:29 2020
Weird. Were you trying to load just before the new content?

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
a bit much strong words throwed around considering how the story is progressing (maybe put some 1 week later..)
chars are interesting
good work overall

Reactions: Lockheart

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I also catch an exception error that can't roll back. And yes, it's when starting the game from a save right at the end of the previous release's content.
It might be because I removed a sizable chunk of dialogue due to a change that was highly requested. Instead of Dallas pursuing Evans in the Mono path, she's going to be starting a relationship with someone else.

I really am sorry about that. I know it's a pain to start over. :confused:

Lockheart

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
this game has great facial expressions which i like. but it exaggerate sometimes, im not complaining tho hehe
I've gotten a little better with the facial expressions. It's really important to me to have expressions that fit the scene and the dialogue. But it's hard sometimes to get them to look just right. They get better as you progress though! I think...

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 112 Votes