Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
I decided to update the gallery mod for myself and it ended up updating both gallery mod and the multi mod (walkthrough + optional incest mod). You can find the combines mod in the attached file. In fact both previous mods are compatible (the script file is for the walkthrough mod and the other 3 files are for the gallery mod) so they can be saparated also in this version. The 2 scenes with Samantha in Episode 1 are added in the gallery replacing 2 minor scenes from the previous version. The old Chloe scene is left as bonus in the Gallery. Several bugs are fixed. The walkthrough and the optional incest part are copied from the previous version as I only updated the walkthrough part for Episode 1. I hope that someone else will take the mod updating from now on or the original moders will come back because I can't promise that I will be able to update it much more in a short time.

Instructions: copy the files into the game folder, replace if needed.

Update: This is the fastest what I can do for a walkthrough. Please be patient for the actual mod update. Your saves should be compatible with the new version without the Mod and the written walkthrough should be enough for now. The actual update of the mode will come later.
More info in this posts:
https://f95zone.to/threads/away-from-home-ep-1-18-vatosgames.29666/post-10113188
https://f95zone.to/threads/away-from-home-ep-1-18-vatosgames.29666/post-10114093

PS: I will now update the optional incest part and the enabled alternative scenes part because there could be issues with older saves. It should take up to an hour. The gallery part and the walkthrough part will come later (the walkthrough part probably much later and most probably changed a lot). Thank you for your patience, understanding and interest but reading and replying also take some time.

UPDATE - Please read carefully!!! The incest can only be activated at the start of a new game.
The attached script file only updates the optional incest part, enables the alternative scenes (does not include Cody watching and Cody not watching - this is for the gallery part of the mod) and highlights choices for Episode 18 only (there is not such thing yet for the first 17 episodes).
Next comes the Gallery part of the Mod and last the walkthrough part for the first 17 episodes. I will update the Gallery part as fast as I can but it may take up to few days. The walkthrough part will take longer.

Instructions: copy the file into the game folder, replace if needed.
I have a problem with the script file it breaks the game and when I try to load my save I'm using only the script file and the ipatch even if I delete the ipatch that does not solve the problem unless I remove the script file does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

babaex

May 28, 2022
I have a problem with the script file it breaks the game and when I try to load my save I'm using only the script file and the ipatch even if I delete the ipatch that does not solve the problem unless I remove the script file does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?
I played the new Episode with this script and everything was OK. You are the first one to report something like this so I can only guess that your installation or your save is broken. Try to download the game again.

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
I played the new Episode with this script and everything was OK. You are the first one to report something like this so I can only guess that your installation or your save is broken. Try to download the game again.
yes it was a problem with an old save that caused the issue everything is working great now thanks (y) :love:

Cavazax

Nov 14, 2017
Why does the gallery break ? I hyavent put anything extra in the game as i am waiting for the updated mod when i select the gallery it breaks and starts a new playthrough

babaex

May 28, 2022
The dance crash at the end of the game is because ndress never gets defined.

Strange part is this crash should have happened when shopping with Lily. If you agreed to return to get a dress for Nora (Mom) it should have triggered the error.

If you are using WTMod or Ipatch, you can edit either the Script.rpy or zzzzz.rpy.
Where it defines the character names, add the following...
Python:
default ndress = 0
For your information ndress is defined in the script at the beginning of Episode 18 and is working fine, so the dance crash has nothing to do with this.

Reactions: pds72

babaex

May 28, 2022
Why does the gallery break ? I hyavent put anything extra in the game as i am waiting for the updated mod when i select the gallery it breaks and starts a new playthrough
Most probably because the old images for Episode 1 were removed and the Gallery itself is not updated for the last 3 releases.

Reactions: qljrnt6jc4eh2

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
For your information ndress is defined in the script at the beginning of Episode 18 and is working fine, so the dance crash has nothing to do with this.
Guess I read it wrong...

Python:
menu:
    "I can visit tomorrow.":
        $ ndress +=1
        jump nord18
    "I don't think that's necessary.":
        jump nonord18
I was thinking that if you picked the 2nd choice it wouldn't define ndress. I just speed ran the game twice. Check before and after this point with the Universal Mod and it sets it for either option.

I did notice my system lagged a lot on animations with the most being with the dance. It was really noticeably as I was holding CTRL throughout the game. Don't know if would affect low end PCs to the point of crash.

babaex

May 28, 2022
Guess I read it wrong...

Python:
menu:
    "I can visit tomorrow.":
        $ ndress +=1
        jump nord18
    "I don't think that's necessary.":
        jump nonord18
I was thinking that if you picked the 2nd choice it wouldn't define ndress. I just speed ran the game twice. Check before and after this point with the Universal Mod and it sets it for either option.

I did notice my system lagged a lot on animations with the most being with the dance. It was really noticeably as I was holding CTRL throughout the game. Don't know if would affect low end PCs to the point of crash.
Yes, CTRL is not recommended on animations. They are quite heavy and in fact not real animations but series of renders. I can confirm that the lag happen when CTRL is used and sometimes it leads to game crash. This happened with me when I tested the combined variant for Nora dance scene. As I already mentioned it I will give short announcement about the completion of the Multi-mod:

The Gallery part is ready, the alternative scenes for Episode 18 are ready, the only thing left is the walkthrough part for the first 17 episodes. That part will be reworked meaning that the choices with no lasting effect will not be highlighted anymore but at the same time I will compose a detail Walkthrough on a pdf file. More info on that when I upload the Mod and that should happen in a few days.

thagusbus

Jun 15, 2021
This game was amazing imo. What are some other games similar to it? I feel like I can't find stuff like this anymore, i guess i have spent too much time here

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
I think there's a bug in around chapter 3. The MC has always slept with his mom, and now suddenly after shopping he's sleeping with Cody? what happened there? I don't remember there being a dialogue about it

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020
Hello. The game save file has been deleted for me. Please give me the saved file. Sorry for my English. Thank you

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
I'm kinda interested in what the MC's father will do when he finds out that his son has been having sex with not only his wife but also all the other women he runs into.

4.10 star(s) 163 Votes