MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, yeah, but that's how games with branching paths work... right? If you didn't get the middle chunk, that means you locked out two of the six LI's in the game... (I think I counted that right.) I think Lily and Sophia got the shortest shrift in this update, but even they weren't totally ignored.

Like I said before, i think the thrust of this update is more of a setup for the next one although I guess if you don't like Janet and Sophia, you may continue to be disappointed.
The issue is that I didn't know I was locking out either of them when I was playing through the game. At no point did I know that what I was doing was going to stop either of them from showing up. In fact I thought I'd done the exact opposite. I wanted to be in with all but Chloe, instead it seems I ended up with only Chloe. I don't know what I did wrong but I done did it. The problem with a game with a branching storyline is that if the player doesn't know the consequences of their actions they lose access to content once and for all versus having a chance to reopen a branch.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Glooskabe

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
The issue is that I didn't know I was locking out either of them when I was playing through the game. At no point did I know that what I was doing was going to stop either of them from showing up. In fact I thought I'd done the exact opposite. I wanted to be in with all but Chloe, instead it seems I ended up with only Chloe. I don't know what I did wrong but I done did it. The problem with a game with a branching storyline is that if the player doesn't know the consequences of their actions they lose access to content once and for all versus having a chance to reopen a branch.
So what your looking for is something like an in game warning per choice that lets you know if certain actions will close or open a characters path? :unsure:

D

Deleted member 1713037

The only thing unrealistic about this game is how a guy like Cody is single. He's a geek but he's built like a slot receiver. He'd still get laid in real life. I also don't know if the mom and aunt are Asian or if I'm just a horrible closeted racist.

LaloSalamanca

May 17, 2019
The only thing unrealistic about this game is how a guy like Cody is single. He's a geek but he's built like a slot receiver. He'd still get laid in real life. I also don't know if the mom and aunt are Asian or if I'm just a horrible closeted racist.
you're probably a closet racist :geek: we all are lol

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So what your looking for is something like an in game warning per choice that lets you know if certain actions will close or open a characters path? :unsure:
Yes. When we deny being Chloe's boyfriend/dating it doesn't lock us out of having sex with Chloe later. However, if we don't do the right thing with Janet and Sophie we miss out on both of them. It would be nice if either there was an in game warning or in another update or so we were given another chance with them.

asd1789

Mar 19, 2020
Hey guys first time in this thread it's this game worth be playing for the story and the content?
The changelog in the op it pratically empty just number of ep or n/a

Reactions: Ara-sH

MohammadBNA

Oct 8, 2017
for anyone else that like me thought the writer was having strokes left, right and center while writing the lines:

put the file in AwayFromHome-Episode[1-8]-pc\game folder
I don't know how you're supposed to do it on mac, but I'm sure you guys will figure it out.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
for anyone else that like me thought the writer was having strokes left, right and center while writing the lines:

put the file in AwayFromHome-Episode[1-8]-pc\game folder
I don't know how you're supposed to do it on mac, but I'm sure you guys will figure it out.
FYI, for the last couple of updates, I have been proofreading the script, but my edits are one update behind. (Episode 8 included my edits for Episodes 1-7. I've sent in my edits for Episode 8 which will be included in Episode 9.) It may not be ideal, but it seems to be working. You can start a new game or take a look at the script.rpy file if you're curious about my work. If you love it, of course, tell me so in as flowery prose as you can manage. If you hate it, shut the fuck up! Who needs that kind of negativity? :ROFLMAO:

Stay healthy! Stay safe!

MohammadBNA

Oct 8, 2017
FYI, for the last couple of updates, I have been proofreading the script, but my edits are one update behind. (Episode 8 included my edits for Episodes 1-7. I've sent in my edits for Episode 8 which will be included in Episode 9.) It may not be ideal, but it seems to be working. You can start a new game or take a look at the script.rpy file if you're curious about my work. If you love it, of course, tell me so in as flowery prose as you can manage. If you hate it, shut the fuck up! Who needs that kind of negativity? :ROFLMAO:

Stay healthy! Stay safe!
I'm not really in the mood to start a new game, but I'm sure you will get many flowery responses from other members who have time to do just that.
also, all of my edits for the new update took no longer than 1-2 hours, can't the dev so very kindly provide you with the script a day before the release date? that way, I'll have a reason to thank you personally when I play the next update.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
The game is nice but it could do with less guys.
Way too many guys in this game.
Could have used more girls.
It's gonna be tough getting rid of them.
The Aunt stays cause of the nice tan.
The landlady has her work cut out for her cause of the Aunt.
Everything else is good so far, hope it gets better....... peace.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes