REGUser

Jul 5, 2018
Telltale signs of a dev losing interest in his game. Nobody and I mean nobody asked for a remastered of Ep1. in fact, it doesn't even need remastering it's fine as it is.
Incoming mental health issues, burn out, loss of interest, abandoned in a few months.

There is absolutely NO reason to remaster the first Episode. Could also be that someone on his team left and he has to hire someone to fill that role and so he's buying time by redoing the renders.

Whatever the reason, the tale tale signs of a game dying is exactly this, time between updates and then remaster a story that's already progressing. You only reMASTER once you've MASTERED the game (i.e. completed it), we've not even got a completed game yet how can you even think about remaking some old scenes.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Incoming mental health issues, burn out, loss of interest, abandoned in a few months.

There is absolutely NO reason to remaster the first Episode. Could also be that someone on his team left and he has to hire someone to fill that role and so he's buying time by redoing the renders.

Whatever the reason, the tale tale signs of a game dying is exactly this, time between updates and then remaster a story that's already progressing. You only reMASTER once you've MASTERED the game (i.e. completed it), we've not even got a completed game yet how can you even think about remaking some old scenes.
You forgot my favourite one developing a new game while your current game is in limbo.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
Vatos had never let us down before so the current speculations are kinda unwarranted in his thread.

Its also not always something negative when a dev remakes/remaster their game. Reasons could be as simple as dev's skills have improved or dev now has access to better pc for rendering and now they find it easier to put their vision down into their game.

Lastly, Vatos had shared that beyond the graphics update, the remaster will also come with new scenes so its clear he is doing things with a plan.

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
Its also not always something negative when a dev remakes/remaster their game. Reasons could be as simple as dev's skills have improved or dev now has access to better pc for rendering and now they find it easier to put their vision down into their game.
So why not finish the game first and AFTER that remake the stuff that "needs" or he wants to remake, as he most likely will get better once again or have access to even better computer at the point when the game is done? Oh, that's right, because he lost his appetite for the game long time ago already. From monthly updates to couple updates a year, and like said earlier, the game really took turn to a downhill quality wise after the episode where Nora got the D.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
So why not finish the game first and AFTER that remake the stuff that "needs" or he wants to remake, as he most likely will get better once again or have access to even better computer at the point when the game is done? Oh, that's right, because he lost his appetite for the game long time ago already. From monthly updates to couple updates a year, and like said earlier, the game really took turn to a downhill after the episode where Nora got the D.
There are a number of devs who are doing that for their own various reasons. Maybe he is trying to do a steam release, maybe he has found the way to make the perfect ass on his girls, who knows. But he is not the only one doing this.

Nevertheless, he still delivers. Might be slower than in the past yes, but which dev is "fast" unless its a dev who releases small incremental updates? Most devs i see take 3-4 months every update and its common for more.

On the last note, i don't think game went downhill after Nora took the D... in fact the latest update kinda suggest that things are gona pick up again soon. TBF, its not possible for all scenes to be as good as that particular Nora's scene... that was epic lol

sunqian3000

Sep 28, 2021
So why not finish the game first and AFTER that remake the stuff that "needs" or he wants to remake, as he most likely will get better once again or have access to even better computer at the point when the game is done? Oh, that's right, because he lost his appetite for the game long time ago already. From monthly updates to couple updates a year, and like said earlier, the game really took turn to a downhill quality wise after the episode where Nora got the D.
Any artistic creation will have a lack of inspiration period, independent producers of our forum at the same time there are practical problems affecting the creative efficiency of the problem.
English is not my first language, so my expression may not be clear, but you should understand what I want to say.

AND , Even if the author announced abadon tomorrow , I'll keep it on my hard drive too , because the existing content is good enough to be a classic .

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
while i agree that vatos is one of the most reliable guys/devs around, the previous and this year are showing all classic signs of devs losing interest in their games.
for everyone included probably it would be for the best if he finishes this game in few more updates, thus giving a proper closure...and only after that o move to his next project, if he has it planned and/or feels saturated with this one, or to remaster/redone this one if he and his supporters are up for it.

and speaking of plot quality and similar stuff -hell, for me personally, all those arent that important, as long as our mc gets his chance to help those few more hot milf he has in the waiting line.

p.s.
and certainly glad to see rainbows-peachy-peachy cult has appeared as well
lol

edit:
Any artistic creation will have a lack of inspiration period, our forum of independent producers at the same time there are practical problems affecting the creative efficiency of the problem.
English is not my first language, so my expression may not be clear, but you should understand what I want to say.

AND , Even if the author announced abadon tomorrow , I'll keep it on my hard drive too , because the existing content is good enough to be a classic .
no doubt there.
one of few games with a lot of hot content and worth every mb on hdds.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
There are a number of devs who are doing that for their own various reasons. Maybe he is trying to do a steam release, maybe he has found the way to make the perfect ass on his girls, who knows. But he is not the only one doing this.
There are one or two devs that I can think of who have a legitimate reason to remaster their game before completing it. Most devs remaster due to loss of interest in their games. Saying he's not the only one doing it is not a good thing.

Reactions: hawk784563

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
Expected release of ep1 remaster is on the 7th but i will take it broadly and just say next week is the likely release date.

I am aware of at least 3 active(ish) devs whose games i follow/complain about (lol) that they are remaking/remaster (idk whatever they wanna call it). And tbf, in all 3 cases, there were clear quality differences after the remake.

Vatos doesn't talk much in his posts, so tbh i won't know whether he is tired of AFH or otherwise but imma give him the benefit of a doubt nevertheless. I am still looking forward to breed the entire neighborhood. :devilish:

Edit: Sharing a sample of one the new changes he posted; i ss-ed the old version to show the difference

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Expected release of ep1 remaster is on the 7th but i will take it broadly and just say next week is the likely release date.

I am aware of at least 3 active(ish) devs whose games i follow/complain about (lol) that they are remaking/remaster (idk whatever they wanna call it). And tbf, in all 3 cases, there were clear quality differences after the remake.

Vatos doesn't talk much in his posts, so tbh i won't know whether he is tired of AFH or otherwise but imma give him the benefit of a doubt nevertheless. I am still looking forward to breed the entire neighborhood. :devilish:

Edit: Sharing a sample of one the new changes he posted; i ss-ed the old version to show the difference

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The quality jump is hardly noticeable. If you wanna see a real difference check out Where It All Begun and Shut Up And Dance. As I said before there's absolutely no reason for a remaster.

• Angry
Reactions: Bossjohn and Pmaria

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
Anyone who can see can tell the difference in quality jumps between all three games.
You do know that there are other possible reasons for remaking parts of a besides quality improvements?
it doesnt really matter anyhow since vatos made this decision and is going through with it, nothing we can do about it.

• Angry
Reactions: OdinValgallovih

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
You do know that there are other possible reasons for remaking parts of a besides quality improvements?
it doesnt really matter anyhow since vatos made this decision and is going through with it, nothing we can do about it.
And what are the other reasons?

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
And what are the other reasons?
oh boy,
-plot issues
-technical improvements
-adding things that were initially left out for whatever reason
probably some more but these are from the top of my head
as i said it doesnt matter anyway, its decided and no ammount of complaining on a pirate forum will change it. im sure there are better uses for your time.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes