lTTMl

Aug 7, 2017

Development Update
Hello everyone, I started to create the scenes but didn't render yet. Possible release date is around 10 February.
About the new animation add-on, well I liked it but I don't think I'll be using it because it requires so much setup and tweaks, it really is time consuming.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Vatos

You have a problem in your script: you are trying to initialize and use a variable named "watch", but it will never work because "watch" is an existing command to watch values of variables or expressions while playing the game.

You should change the name of that variable to something like "cod_watch" to make it work:

Python:
scene 603 with dissolve
cod"As I thought."
cod"I was wondering if…"
$ cod_watch=0
scene 604 with dissolve
cod"Could I watch you guys, next time?"
mc"What? While we're having sex?"
cod"Yeah..."
menu:
    "Fine by me.":
        $ cod_watch +=1
        jump finebyme2
    "NO!":
        jump nowatch2
label finebyme2:
Python:
scene 1353
mc"Ugh..."
jump cody4
label cody4:
    if lily >= 1 and cod_watch == 0:
        jump cc4
    else:
        jump end4

label cc4:
You should also put a piece of script into the next version of the game (preferably in a separate rpy-file) that would ask the player again about the choice of allowing Cody to watch in case an old save gets loaded and the new variable doesn't exist:

Python:
label after_load:

python:
        ask_player = False

try:
            cod_watch
        except NameError:
            ask_player = True

if ask_player:
        define cod_watch = 0
        image ask_bg = "gui/main_menu.png"
        show ask_bg
        n "{color=#FF0000}ATTENTION!{/color}\nDue to an error in episode 3 of the game we have to ask you again:"
        n "Did the MC allow [cod] to watch him having sex with [chl]?"

menu:
            "Yes, [cod] can watch [mc] having sex with [chl]":
                $ cod_watch = 1
                "Alright, [cod] is now allowed to watch"

"No, [cod] is not allowed to watch [mc] having sex with [chl]":
                "Alright, [cod] is not allowed to watch"

n "{color=#FF0000}That is all, the game will now continue...{/color}"
        hide ask_bg
    return

BTW, you could use boolean for variables that can only have two possible values. So instead "0" and "1" you could use True and False and instead of
"if variable == 1:"
use
"if variable:" (equals True when variable==True)
and instead of
"if variable == 0:"
use
"if not variable:" (equals True when variable==False)

This is for the EP 1-5 current original version only, not for future episodes or new bugfixed versions.

Extract the patch into your game root folder (the main folder with Away_From_Home.exe and Away_From_Home.sh launcher files), allow it to overwrite script.rpy and script.rpyc, reload the game.

You should also replay the game from just before the end scene of EP4, after saying good night to mom, so the dialog scene with Cody would trigger or not the way it was supposed to.
there is absolutely nothing wrong the way the variable watch is used.
the watch command is a statement only used in Ren'Pys console.
try
Python:
$ watch = 1
watch watch
del watch
in the console.
you can also use Ren'Py statements as variable/object names. it might be not the best practice but it's working.
just don't redeclare Ren'Py/Python variables/objects/functions.

lTTMl

Aug 7, 2017

Development Update with a Sneak Peak
Hi everyone, here's a scene with Nora from the beginning of the game. Some scenes and animations left and to render them, of course. I think I can finish the scenes in 8-9 days and then I can start to create animations. Again, depending on animations this day can vary but I think I can release the game on 12 February.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
English could have been better.. but started getting immersed in the story as it went along.. Decent/good models coupled with great scenary. Left me hanging.... but wanting more. Will continue to keep an eye out on this one. Decent job.

Reactions: Abhai
D

Deleted member 619154

Development Update with a Sneak Peak
Hi everyone, here's a scene with Nora from the beginning of the game. Some scenes and animations left and to render them, of course. I think I can finish the scenes in 8-9 days and then I can start to create animations. Again, depending on animations this day can vary but I think I can release the game on 12 February.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So what happened? Is it coming soon ?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
yep, this is the time when minutes become hours, hours days, and days become months...
so, even if there are only three days till the public release, it seems soooo long now. ;)
a great game, the dev needs all support he can get!(y)

4.10 star(s) 171 Votes