Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
it was not for me. i could still get on with nora. maybe some choices from previous chapters was the cause like at the start with the swiming pool you can choose either nora or the aunt.
I swear I tried so many routes, I bet it has to do with another character where I should either woo them or completely ignore them - honestly no idea. I really wish the choices were more clear, like maybe say why he declines her instead of just doing it and ending episode. Ah well, back at it!

Sep 11, 2018
Why mom looks like a dead corpse ??
Her white skin makes my tiny penis shuttered.
Please, can u put little shades and revive her somehow , I am not into necrophilia.
All the characters have that look. I really don't like the rendering quilty in this game. Looks like someone turn smoothness up to 200 in photoshop or there Denoiser in is set to strong in daz or thereafter render post-Denoiser is too strong.

TLDR: To mush smoothness making the characters and scenes look odd.

Delicia

Oct 27, 2017
I have tried every single route and i always reject sleeping with Nora at the end, can someone tell me what do i have to choose to get on with Nora on Ep. 5?

Zorg

Jun 12, 2017
i did everything above,'Compliment her' at the garden, 'Do it with Nora' at the pool and 'And sexy' before the dinner but with Nora things are still not happening-save before the dinner please

gubl

May 31, 2018
Why mom looks like a dead corpse ??
Her white skin makes my tiny penis shuttered.
Please, can u put little shades and revive her somehow , I am not into necrophilia.
I did not see an anorexic women with blush chicks yet, so that could be one possible cause :)
On other side, game features occasional sitting down dinner or barbecue parties. So there is hope, that some game characters will gain a body fat in right places eventually. :)

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I will probably never understand why developers love making sex scenes where character gets blueballed halfway. Theres no plot point to this and it makes sex scenes feel frustrating and annoying instead of satisfying. Not to mention it influences how players feel about characters. When I first played this game Aunt was my favourite character. But now I only see her as annoying cocktease. Why main character even bothers to take his dick out of his pants with her, he surely knows hes gonna get blueballed for 5th time or whatever. :(

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I will probably never understand why developers love making sex scenes where character gets blueballed halfway. Theres no plot point to this and it makes sex scenes feel frustrating and annoying instead of satisfying. Not to mention it influences how players feel about characters. When I first played this game Aunt was my favourite character. But now I only see her as annoying cocktease. Why main character even bothers to take his dick out of his pants with her, he surely knows hes gonna get blueballed for 5th time or whatever. :(
Well for me her teasing is despite all that blueballing pain actually rather refreshing, as it puts a bit of variety in sex scenes/relations - not every woman/girl need to be fucked or jump on mcs cock at instant as she see it (or nearly at that moment). Aunt in this game is one of my favorite characters for sure, and a large part in that has her being such a unique cocktease bitch:p - at the beginning she seemed as one of the first women to be fucked there, but now it seems that she easily could be one of the very last ones;)

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
not every woman/girl need to be fucked or jump on mcs cock at instant as she see it (or nearly at that moment).
I don't want her to jump on mcs cock right away either. But if developer wants to write some lousy handjob/assjob/boobjob/footjob/every other teasing stuff in the world then can he at least let main character finish in those scenes? Getting scenes with blue balling few times in a row is just infuriating. Now everytime she approaches I just want main character to push her away but that little shit is such a fucking pushover it got frustrating really fast.

Reactions: Triple OG

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Vatos

You have a problem in your script: you are trying to initialize and use a variable named "watch", but it will never work because "watch" is an existing command to watch values of variables or expressions while playing the game.

You should change the name of that variable to something like "cod_watch" to make it work:

Python:
scene 603 with dissolve
cod"As I thought."
cod"I was wondering if…"
$ cod_watch=0
scene 604 with dissolve
cod"Could I watch you guys, next time?"
mc"What? While we're having sex?"
cod"Yeah..."
menu:
    "Fine by me.":
        $ cod_watch +=1
        jump finebyme2
    "NO!":
        jump nowatch2
label finebyme2:
Python:
scene 1353
mc"Ugh..."
jump cody4
label cody4:
    if lily >= 1 and cod_watch == 0:
        jump cc4
    else:
        jump end4

label cc4:
You should also put a piece of script into the next version of the game (preferably in a separate rpy-file) that would ask the player again about the choice of allowing Cody to watch in case an old save gets loaded and the new variable doesn't exist:

Python:
label after_load:

python:
        ask_player = False

try:
            cod_watch
        except NameError:
            ask_player = True

if ask_player:
        define cod_watch = 0
        image ask_bg = "gui/main_menu.png"
        show ask_bg
        n "{color=#FF0000}ATTENTION!{/color}\nDue to an error in episode 3 of the game we have to ask you again:"
        n "Did the MC allow [cod] to watch him having sex with [chl]?"

menu:
            "Yes, [cod] can watch [mc] having sex with [chl]":
                $ cod_watch = 1
                "Alright, [cod] is now allowed to watch"

"No, [cod] is not allowed to watch [mc] having sex with [chl]":
                "Alright, [cod] is not allowed to watch"

n "{color=#FF0000}That is all, the game will now continue...{/color}"
        hide ask_bg
    return

BTW, you could use boolean for variables that can only have two possible values. So instead "0" and "1" you could use True and False and instead of
"if variable == 1:"
use
"if variable:" (equals True when variable==True)
and instead of
"if variable == 0:"
use
"if not variable:" (equals True when variable==False)

This is for the EP 1-5 current original version only, not for future episodes or new bugfixed versions.

Extract the patch into your game root folder (the main folder with Away_From_Home.exe and Away_From_Home.sh launcher files), allow it to overwrite script.rpy and script.rpyc, reload the game.

You should also replay the game from just before the end scene of EP4, after saying good night to mom, so the dialog scene with Cody would trigger or not the way it was supposed to.

Last edited:

lTTMl

Aug 7, 2017
Still at work.

Development Update
Hello everyone, script is finished but before starting to create the scenes I'm working on animations. I bought a new add-on for animations and trying to learn it. It requires proper rig setup and some other adjustments before I can control the character. I will be working on this add-on for 3-4 days, I hope it will worth it.

4.10 star(s) 171 Votes