3.40 star(s) 10 Votes

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
And you're wrong... By knowing the ball isn't under the third cup that changes everything. there were 33% from each cup. You have 33 for A / 33 for B and 33 for C / If you choose B you have 33 and still have 66 % it is on A or C.... BUT you know that it isn't in A so the 66% are all on C !

Look at movies "blackjack 21" or read the Monty hall Problem / Paradox :)

That's why she specifically ask to let a player draw the ball before... to know where the ball is not.
Let me ask you a question. If in that instance the mc takes a cup, what is the probability that the ball under the cup is 33% black and 66% white? Such is your explanation. It doesn't hold any validity.
Probability doesn't work like that. It's a Wordplay used to confuse someone. Your explanation is like an instance in which one had to make a decision in which whether to burn something or not where we can only choose one option and not both unless it is a game where you are using a mod or are omnipotent.
When did the mc look inside cup B to know that there is a white ball under it? No he didn't. The only fact we know is that there is a white ball underneath A.

Edit - I'm not saying that it is wrong in the game(as it fictional and you are the one who decides the outcome anyway). I'm just saying that it doesn't work like that irl. Sorry if I misunderstood

Last edited:

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
It seems you have an old version : latest version is 0.2.2
these images have been deleted due to problems with Steam ( Uniform clothes of one of the twin )

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Hello. Will the teacher Gabriella be available during the game? Won't it be a teacher/student taboo?

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
not sandbox but there will be some freeroams due to events in the game (Grace's home party ... )

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Part of the party so you will miss content if you don't play but yes you will have the possibility to not participate

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Part of the party so you will miss content if you don't play but yes you will have the possibility to not participate
After the whole debacle of a certain game's ep 9, I'm pretty much done with freeroams and minigames. It's a me problem. I'll see how this plaus out though.

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
This won't be build the same way it is in others :) the free roaming will be there only for you to choose which activity you want to do and have access to scenes in the order you want. More like the birthday party of Lauren in College Kings if you tried it.

Reactions: metamorphMP

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
This won't be build the same way it is in others :) the free roaming will be there only for you to choose which activity you want to do and have access to scenes in the order you want. More like the birthday party of Lauren in College Kings if you tried it.
Yeah. I don't play CK. I quit in first season due to shit I didn't like being added. But like I said, I'll see how this plays out. I don't want to cut and run on Grace. :ROFLMAO:

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Two months before the Steam launch!

Hello to all!
Yes, it's already just two months before the game's launch on Steam, and I'd like to take advantage of this countdown to tell you what's planned for the launch and beyond!
Firstly, we've decided to change the Steam banner to focus entirely on Grace because she's your favorite, and it catches the eye!
So, here's the new official game banner (for this episode).
Now, let's take a step back to version 0.2.2 and Episode 2 in general.
The episode is almost complete, with a total of 4 scenes remaining, at least 2 of which will be there for the release. These two scenes will be quite spicy

We will also provide an additional walkthrough on Steam for players who wish to have it alongside the game.
In addition to this, we have planned an extra update one month after the release to allow time to develop what we call "extra content."
This extra content will consist of two parts: The first part is actually a collectible card system hidden in the renders of Episode 1 and Episode 2.
These cards will serve as the basis for a mini-game in future episodes. The game will be based on a system similar to Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad.
A basic starter set will be prepared to have a deck, different depending on the save, each with its own dynamics... And of course, in-game events can trigger "battles" with these decks!
We hope to have this "starter" ready by the beginning of the year.
Here is a prototype of a card :
The second part will be 2 additional scenes added to the end of Episode 2, providing a proper conclusion to the episode before moving on to Episode 3.
All of this leaves us with a lot to finalize before the game and the extra content are released!
I hope you still enjoy the game as much as before, and if you haven't done so already, don't forget to add it to your Steam wishlist !!!
See you soon for information about Episode 3!
Dolyla!

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Two months before the Steam launch!

Hello to all!
Yes, it's already just two months before the game's launch on Steam, and I'd like to take advantage of this countdown to tell you what's planned for the launch and beyond!
Firstly, we've decided to change the Steam banner to focus entirely on Grace because she's your favorite, and it catches the eye!
So, here's the new official game banner (for this episode).
Now, let's take a step back to version 0.2.2 and Episode 2 in general.
The episode is almost complete, with a total of 4 scenes remaining, at least 2 of which will be there for the release. These two scenes will be quite spicy

We will also provide an additional walkthrough on Steam for players who wish to have it alongside the game.
In addition to this, we have planned an extra update one month after the release to allow time to develop what we call "extra content."
This extra content will consist of two parts: The first part is actually a collectible card system hidden in the renders of Episode 1 and Episode 2.
These cards will serve as the basis for a mini-game in future episodes. The game will be based on a system similar to Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad.
A basic starter set will be prepared to have a deck, different depending on the save, each with its own dynamics... And of course, in-game events can trigger "battles" with these decks!
We hope to have this "starter" ready by the beginning of the year.
Here is a prototype of a card :
The second part will be 2 additional scenes added to the end of Episode 2, providing a proper conclusion to the episode before moving on to Episode 3.
All of this leaves us with a lot to finalize before the game and the extra content are released!
I hope you still enjoy the game as much as before, and if you haven't done so already, don't forget to add it to your Steam wishlist !!!
See you soon for information about Episode 3!
Dolyla!
Seeing 'Purchase' for so long and it being just a link to Steam's main page is frustrating. Should go back to the game's page and already able to buy it. Chop, chop, bro. :ROFLMAO:
1700143029990.png

tanstaafm

Aug 21, 2020
And you're wrong... By knowing the ball isn't under the third cup that changes everything. there were 33% from each cup. You have 33 for A / 33 for B and 33 for C / If you choose B you have 33 and still have 66 % it is on A or C.... BUT you know that it isn't in A so the 66% are all on C !

Look at movies "blackjack 21" or read the Monty hall Problem / Paradox :)

That's why she specifically ask to let a player draw the ball before... to know where the ball is not.
No, you're missing the point of Monty Hall, it's about information beyond the obvious "now that A is revealed as white we know black wasn't in A".

In Monty Hall, you pick one of A/B/C to check, then the host reveals one of the others to show that the prize/black-ball isn't there, and you're asked if you want to change your choice.
And if you chose B it's not just that there's 66% it was in A or C so it collapses to 66% in C, because it was also 66% in A or B and so collapses to 66% in B...
The thing is, when the host reveals what's behind A, they don't make the same choice you do (randomly between A, B, or C), they have two pieces or information, two constraints, on their choice, that don't exist for the other team in B.E.S.T:

1. They know, and will not show, where the prize (black ball) actually is. They know where it is, and won't chose it. I mean, can you imagine they show the black ball is under A, and then ask you if you want to stick to you choice that the black ball is in B or instead switch to C?
2. They know, and will not show, the option you chose. You already announced you picked B, and so they won't pick B. I mean, can you image they show B has a white ball, then ask you if you want to stick to B or switch to A or C?

And this gives you information, beyond just knowing that A held a white ball. Because when you chose B, you knew that there was 33% chance for each option, so 33% chance B has the black ball.
In the case where B indeed held the black ball, the host will randomly reveal either A or C but not B, and in this case (33% of the options) you should absolutely not switch.
But in the case where B held a white ball (66% of the cases) the host will not randomly choose between the A and C. They will always reveal the one that holds the white ball, because they know the other is black. So if you picked B when the black is in C (33% of the case, or 50% of the cases where you picked B and B is white) they will only show you A always, but if you picked B when black is in A (same percentages) they will always only show you C and never show you A. So in these two cases, you should always switch.

The thing that makes the difference (why 66% for AC matters but 66% for AB doesn't matter, when you picked B and A is revealed) is that the host knows where the black ball is, and what you picked. They didn't pick in random. If you picked B and they showed A then it's always either because the black is in B (33% of the cases) or the black is in C (66% of the cases, because if it was in A then they would have shown C instead, not A).

In B.E.S.T this doesn't happen in the story. If you picked B, the other team could have (in story) still picked B. And if the black ball was in A, they could have still picked A. They don't have the extra information, so that extra information doesn't put any constraint on their choices, so you don't get any part of that extra information from their choice.

Now, story-wise, since the episode did finish very little after this, you don't necessarily need to re-do the whole section. It's lucky that Ruby came up with the idea. You can just add a scene early in the next episode where Ruby tries to explain the logic, and gets an explanation and a joke that this is why Minus should leave the thinking to Cortex... ;-)

3.40 star(s) 10 Votes