19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017
27EUaCsXpTLlPvOjsX_sbitReKlAPOW0K8twFaXAspi7Wnq1nkIwm3Z6Q-qQzcMT.jpg

Hi everyone,
First things first unbelievable happened... we have reached 1,000 Patrons! It's been a heck of a road getting here, and I want to thank every single one of you for your support. Every donation helps, and it's only thanks to our Patrons that we can do this. As we continue to grow just remember that we can't do this without you!

Thank you all!

Project Status

Now for the not so great news, I'm sure you can tell that things have been quiet around here over the last couple of weeks. We've been working hard, as always on the latest update of Babysitter with a largest update that was set to start on the evening of Day 11 and finish on the evening of Day 12 and should consist 7 main scenes.

It was going great. I've been rendering all month, and getting things ready as well. It's a pretty big update, and the plan was to have it out to you this week. That all changed a couple of days ago.

One of my two rendering stations more or less caught fire due GPU overheating failure. Everything, from the to the connectors of hard drive were pretty much melted...

Although I will get warranty reimbursement, I am not sure about images from scene 4 which are stuck on hard drive which I gave to the technician while I was not able to retrieve anything from it. It was a complicated scene, with three different variations, and all the renders for it were suddenly gone.

Now normally we might have some options, like cutting the scene entirely and writing around it. That wouldn't work in this case because it's pretty integral to the story. We also thought it might be possible to just throw fewer, lesser quality images together and get it out just in the nick of time. At the end of the day though, that would neither be a project that we were proud of, or up to the quality that you guys expect from us.

So that left us with two options. Hold the release until next month, or release a smaller update this month to give you guys something. We decided to to the former and for all 10+ Patreons. So over the next day or two as we finish up testing we will release what we have done so far. Think of it as a preview for what is coming in the next couple of weeks when we release the rest of the update.

No one is more disappointed in what happened than I am. But the final results will be well worth it. There are a lot of interesting (and sexy) situations coming mainly for Christine and we can't wait to show them to you.

Once again, thank you for your continued support.

T4bbo and Team

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Another dev. who does not have any back-up? Just brilliant.. Anyway , nothing to do about it since it is happened but it looks so amateurish. I will wait next month. There is not point to play unfinished update. Thank you for the information.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Shit happens. At least there are more than 1 rendering stations. It's not so tragic. Congratz on reaching 1k patrons. As one of them I'm satisfied so far with your job and I'm glad I can help a bit. To be honest I'd also prefer to wait for a proper update but I'm also impatient so I will check whatever you release.
Pic looks great for those who are after some romantic interactions with MC. It's probably the first time when I see holding hands in such a game. Good stuff

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I understand those who are disappointed. As was said in the post we are too. It really was a freak accident, and that ended up being only one of the things that was going on behind the scenes this month. I am too. I feel pretty awful for T4bbo too as I know how much time it takes him to do these renders, and how much it sucks to have to re-do old work. Still, I'm excited to see how people react once everything is done. I don't know what else to say at this point other than thanks to all of you here who are Patrons, and those who also might not be able to, but help spread the word about the game.

I appreciate the patience, and I understand the frustration too.

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Shit happens. At least there are more than 1 rendering stations. It's not so tragic. Congratz on reaching 1k patrons. As one of them I'm satisfied so far with your job and I'm glad I can help a bit. To be honest I'd also prefer to wait for a proper update but I'm also impatient so I will check whatever you release.
Pic looks great for those who are after some romantic interactions with MC. It's probably the first time when I see holding hands in such a game. Good stuff
Honestly i agree i'd rather wait another month then have a partial update.. re-do the destroyed work, add more stuff for a huge update imo

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
shit happens, it'll get solved soon enough. T4bbo should think about investing in a backup external drive to save work to though. Running a computer that hot without proper cooling tends to be a bad idea. There's cases that provide better airflow too and water cooled towers (those are noisy as hell though).

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
View attachment 72489

Hi everyone,
First things first unbelievable happened... we have reached 1,000 Patrons! It's been a heck of a road getting here, and I want to thank every single one of you for your support. Every donation helps, and it's only thanks to our Patrons that we can do this. As we continue to grow just remember that we can't do this without you!

Thank you all!

Project Status

Now for the not so great news, I'm sure you can tell that things have been quiet around here over the last couple of weeks. We've been working hard, as always on the latest update of Babysitter with a largest update that was set to start on the evening of Day 11 and finish on the evening of Day 12 and should consist 7 main scenes.

It was going great. I've been rendering all month, and getting things ready as well. It's a pretty big update, and the plan was to have it out to you this week. That all changed a couple of days ago.

One of my two rendering stations more or less caught fire due GPU overheating failure. Everything, from the to the connectors of hard drive were pretty much melted...

Although I will get warranty reimbursement, I am not sure about images from scene 4 which are stuck on hard drive which I gave to the technician while I was not able to retrieve anything from it. It was a complicated scene, with three different variations, and all the renders for it were suddenly gone.

Now normally we might have some options, like cutting the scene entirely and writing around it. That wouldn't work in this case because it's pretty integral to the story. We also thought it might be possible to just throw fewer, lesser quality images together and get it out just in the nick of time. At the end of the day though, that would neither be a project that we were proud of, or up to the quality that you guys expect from us.

So that left us with two options. Hold the release until next month, or release a smaller update this month to give you guys something. We decided to to the former and for all 10+ Patreons. So over the next day or two as we finish up testing we will release what we have done so far. Think of it as a preview for what is coming in the next couple of weeks when we release the rest of the update.

No one is more disappointed in what happened than I am. But the final results will be well worth it. There are a lot of interesting (and sexy) situations coming mainly for Christine and we can't wait to show them to you.

Once again, thank you for your continued support.

T4bbo and Team
better to have a complete update some weeks later than one with story inconsistencies just to please your backers ;)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, Who don't have back up HDs to store their shit? But well, as they say shit happens.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
well, at least it's a lesson to be learned, always backup your work if you have a deadline

DickFury

Aug 31, 2017
mmmm i think 64 GB usb memory stick is like 50 euro. cheaper and better than any external HDD (HDD can die by shake or falling or hit or pressure)

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
better to have a complete update some weeks later than one with story inconsistencies just to please your backers ;)
I've seen this sentiment a lot, so let me explain where we're coming from here. We came to the decision to do the preview release for everyone honestly so as to give our patrons sometehing at least, before the end of the month. The preview update should not have any story inconsistencies as it's literally the beginning of what we have for the full release.

Yeah, Who don't have back up HDs to store their shit? But well, as they say shit happens.
T4bbo has and external drive where he backs stuff up, but he didn't do daily backups of the scene in question. Lesson learned, but it was a painful one to be sure. :'(

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Sorry if You've answered this before @Burt Reynolds Mustache, but I'm just curious. After this preview is released, are you guys going to release the lost scene as a stand alone "mini" update, or are you going to release the lost scene along with the next monthly update?

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Sorry if You've answered this before @Burt Reynolds Mustache, but I'm just curious. After this preview is released, are you guys going to release the lost scene as a stand alone "mini" update, or are you going to release the lost scene along with the next monthly update?
The scene will be completed. We literally would have to change nearly everything going forward if we cut it. Right now T4bbo is re-rendering everything he did for the scene, and if the gods smile upon us we may even be able to to recover the images off the HDD eventually. However since that is neither guaranteed nor necessarily possible within the time frame of the release, we made the choices that we did. So basically the 4th scene in the update has to be redone completely unless we hear differently, and he still has to finish some other renders for the rest of the scenes. (He's been going nonstop since this happened) So when the update after this one comes out, you'll have everything that was intended.

T4bbo

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2017
i'm pretty sure @T4bbo learned his lesson :FeelsBadMan:
no need to put more :test3: in this wound :FeelsGoodMan:
Thanks bro! But really after losing ten of thousands $ worth of investment in Bitgrail incident this month and fact that one guy I knew got killed with his gf by government mafia recently cannot compete anything really...

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
3.90 star(s) 182 Votes