Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
That's why I asked. In my head, if you need a new variable and variables 1 through 5 are already used, then get variable 6. (In my example, it's already in the code.)

That was the intent of the "changing variable names mid-stream" question. In theory, my thought would be the developer's notes would show "variable 6 is panties bra" (The code would still say variable 6).

I'm no coder so I don't know if this would be a lot of work for a "maybe", but if the work is minimal to add lots of "maybe" NPC's and variables at the start, it would sure clean up these threads with all the "Can I use old saves?".

Edit: Apologies to wynim, T4boo, and everybody else for derailing. I'll shut up.
Actually, deciding variables and setting them out is good code design. "In the old days" back when software architect's used to actually lay out the general flow of things, much like an architcthas blueprints, people were used to writing down variables, or posting them ahead of time if they thought they might possibly need them later on.

Basically your idea comes down to "Is the dev actually planning things out" or "just throwing shit together"... If it's the former, then yeah they could easily keep track of what variables they want based on existing characters they will have in the game, even name them beforehand, ex. "FemaleChar1_panties", etc.

Reactions: Fletcheroo and Jcj

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
Actually, deciding variables and setting them out is good code design. "In the old days" back when software architect's used to actually lay out the general flow of things, much like an architcthas blueprints, people were used to writing down variables, or posting them ahead of time if they thought they might possibly need them later on.

Basically your idea comes down to "Is the dev actually planning things out" or "just throwing shit together"... If it's the former, then yeah they could easily keep track of what variables they want based on existing characters they will have in the game, even name them beforehand, ex. "FemaleChar1_panties", etc.
I'm sure T4bbo will explain this better than anyone, but I'll give my point of view as a storywriter.

I think it is actually a mix between those two: there's a main story the dev has planned and that's where the main variables stay. However, in order to make the game more appealing, as it progresses we've been thinking of different routes to take, and that also means setting new checkpoints and new variables. And even some old features have to be rethought, taking into consideration Patrons opinions and yours.

Of course this doesn't mean it all comes down to "throwing shit together", as this new routes are being planned, but I think the work it supposes regarding coding is similar.

Can someone tell us what the cuckold poll is about and what the results look like?
Basically the poll question is what the Patrons think about cuckolding, and I quote "any kind of form in the game (i.e. very extensive interpretation where one of the three main female characters would be having fun not just with the main character...)".

The results at this moment are:
13.46% are Against it in any form
55.76% Accepts it if it's a side path and avoidable.
27.24% Say it's normal, would add realism and would like to play it.
3.52% Cuckolding fetishists

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
per dev's patreon v0.05 should be out in the next few hours. I don't think we have any $40 patreons so we'll need to wait it out a bit longer.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I'm sure T4bbo will explain this better than anyone, but I'll give my point of view as a storywriter.

I think it is actually a mix between those two: there's a main story the dev has planned and that's where the main variables stay. However, in order to make the game more appealing, as it progresses we've been thinking of different routes to take, and that also means setting new checkpoints and new variables. And even some old features have to be rethought, taking into consideration Patrons opinions and yours.

Of course this doesn't mean it all comes down to "throwing shit together", as this new routes are being planned, but I think the work it supposes regarding coding is similar.

Basically the poll question is what the Patrons think about cuckolding, and I quote "any kind of form in the game (i.e. very extensive interpretation where one of the three main female characters would be having fun not just with the main character...)".

Ah, good point on the storytelling aspect, but that can still (to a degree at least) be accounted for. With variables, since the dev/coder essentially makes them up based on the language used, it's usually* not hard to set aside, lets say 20 (or 30, 50, etc) variables for any sort of panties female character A might have. Female character B would then use the next set, 20-40, 50-100, etc.

The idea here being to account for the known factors and a 50%-100% or 1000% wiggle room space for on-the-fly situations. This allows flexibility to add where needed but also helps keep things in reference, especially when you're juggling a few dozen, or hundreds even, of variables because as the dev or team making the game, you know that anything that references character 'X' and variable number 'Y' falls into some pre-determined category.

Of course, then there is the documentation, where the person either designing the game overall, or coding it, writes down what all the variables mean, and where they are used. Then comes writing code that has actual comments so you know what the hell is going on where, etc.

Or, of course, you can just "do it on the fly" and end up with a spaghetti shit-show that grows more and more obtuse and harder to keep track of as time goes on for either adding variables or trying to continue pre-existing without confusing them.

*"usually" as with all things technical may be a cake-walk or a situation where you curse the unborn children of the S.O.B. who thought up the project and/or coding language in the first place. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcj

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
Ah, good point on the storytelling aspect, but that can still (to a degree at least) be accounted for. With variables, since the dev/coder essentially makes them up based on the language used, it's usually* not hard to set aside, lets say 20 (or 30, 50, etc) variables for any sort of panties female character A might have. Female character B would then use the next set, 20-40, 50-100, etc.

The idea here being to account for the known factors and a 50%-100% or 1000% wiggle room space for on-the-fly situations. This allows flexibility to add where needed but also helps keep things in reference, especially when you're juggling a few dozen, or hundreds even, of variables because as the dev or team making the game, you know that anything that references character 'X' and variable number 'Y' falls into some pre-determined category.

Of course, then there is the documentation, where the person either designing the game overall, or coding it, writes down what all the variables mean, and where they are used. Then comes writing code that has actual comments so you know what the hell is going on where, etc.

Or, of course, you can just "do it on the fly" and end up with a spaghetti shit-show that grows more and more obtuse and harder to keep track of as time goes on for either adding variables or trying to continue pre-existing without confusing them.

*"usually" as with all things technical may be a cake-walk or a situation where you curse the unborn children of the S.O.B. who thought up the project and/or coding language in the first place. :D
Wow :coldsweat:. That was very interesting, but just to be clear, I was only trying to give a simple explanation of what might be happening. I have no idea whatsoever of how the game is coded, just threw a guess. As I said, T4bbo would surely explain it better if he had time, but he's now probably busy trying to upload the newest version.

Anyway, hope you enjoy version 0.0.5! (whenever you get it ;))

berny

Jun 8, 2017

I like your patrons, especially that over 50% chose the "liberal" answer. Following some threads here on f95zone you'd think looking at another man than the player is the biggest crime in human history. :cool:

Last edited:
May 19, 2017
It's coming i can feel it... actually i read it's coming around midnight (CET).
But if we don't have any 40 dollars patron then +2 days i think.

M

MantisK

My understanding of cuckold is the male knows and accepts his minor position, which means cheating is not necessarily cuckold, having him sit in a corner with or without the other partners knowledge, is cuckold, but some guys also get off on this.
Since 80% of women cheat and 50% of wives cheat (actual statistics), this leads to how brazen women are. 10% of children are told the wrong man is their father, as intentional deception.
Just food for thought.

Reactions: T4bbo and Jcj

Maericke

Aug 5, 2016
dude is making 5 grand a month off a 0.04v. ... Wut?
Did he complete a game before this that's not on the board or something?

M

MantisK

He/They do more than games. I have some of their CG/3D art stories.
EDIT: I may have erred as Taboo and @T4bbo are not the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I like your patrons, especially that over 50% chose the "liberal" answer. Following some threads here on f95zone you'd think looking at another man than the player is the biggest crime in human history. :cool:
Hah, go to 4chan if you want to see a meltdown regarding "NTR" and/or the entire concept of a 'cuck'. lol...

I assume all of those who play and love to pull all these mom's, aunt's, and general MILF's assume it was millions of instances of miraculous conception to make all the kids of the MILF's in question.. I mean surely none of those women ever had a man involved in their lives sexually. ;)

Funny how things have reached a point that there can't even be a male character in the story for the MC to *steal* the female characters FROM (to be the cuckold of the MC), because so many have such low-self esteem they can't handle it.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Are you new here? And to Patreon in general? You do realize some are making more than $10k a month and are on version .5 or so of their games?

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
My understanding of cuckold is the male knows and accepts his minor position, which means cheating is not necessarily cuckold, having him sit in a corner with or without the other partners knowledge, is cuckold, but some guys also get off on this.
Since 80% of women cheat and 50% of wives cheat (actual statistics), this leads to how brazen women are. 10% of children are told the wrong man is their father, as intentional deception.
Just food for thought.
Curious, and not debating your stat's at all, but casn you PM me the link to the article? Be interesting to read since I have long thought that women have an easier time cheating, and are better at hiding it, than a man. Assuming the woman in question goes that route. And depending on your definition of "cheating" of course.

I remember a study where they individually asked married couples to imagine their partners having sex with someone else of the opposite sex. The couples were hooked up to polygraph type machines that measures BP and a number of other factors. When they asked that question the men's charts went through the roof, the women not so much. They then asked the participants to imagine their partner falling in love with someone else. The reverse happened, men were 'meh' women went ballistic.

Goes back to the basic's; men don't want to care for another mans kid, and women want the emotional connection in order to keep the guy around to support whomever's kid that they conceived. Hence the secondary debate of the "bad boy" who is all flashy vs. the "good guy" who is dependable, and who get's the wrong end of the equation most often. Usually with a lot of crying and "I'm sorry, it was a mistake" from any women who strayed to temptation and then are worried about losing their meal tickets.

Reactions: paladin07
3.90 star(s) 181 Votes