OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I started a . No fan art yet (working on some test renders, I do have one render to share though), feel free to share!

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
No... But from your reaction I guess I have to try it? XD
The major thing to know about Eric in Big Brother is just how strongly people reacted to him. But I don't think your game has the exact same audience, and details matter a lot.
1) Dude, the moment the software works, Mr Silver owns the software. B) No one wanted to commit, as it was a huge investment and nothing assured them it would work, only Mr Silver did.
I was under the impression that Mr. Silver paid per installation, meaning he would have purchased licenses - not the IP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcj

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
The major thing to know about Eric in Big Brother is just how strongly people reacted to him. But I don't think your game has the exact same audience, and details matter a lot.

I was under the impression that Mr. Silver paid per installation, meaning he would have purchased licenses - not the IP.
I started working on Babysitter since v0.0.4 and that's what I came up with, as the contract is not discussed in the game. However, what we know is that MC is desperate to get money, so he might have accepted a few clauses that in a normal situation he would have rejected.

We are already working on the next few days and this kind of comments help us polish those details you were talking about, but our idea is not to give the whole details of every situation (e.g. the meeting with Mr Silver or the club night), meaning what the player sees in a Scene is just a fraction of what actually happens in that situation.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
We are already working on the next few days and this kind of comments help us polish those details you were talking about, but our idea is not to give the whole details of every situation (e.g. the meeting with Mr Silver or the club night), meaning what the player sees in a Scene is just a fraction of what actually happens in that situation.
You have to be explicit with that kind of storytelling, where the player knows less than the character they're playing. Add stuff like "And another thing... *fade* ...Wow, that was a weird thing for you to tell me about!" - except good.

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
You have to be explicit with that kind of storytelling, where the player knows less than the character they're playing. Add stuff like "And another thing... *fade* ...Wow, that was a weird thing for you to tell me about!" - except good.
I didn't mean in that way. You know what the MC knows plus some things that only an omniscent character would know (you, the player). And even those things you know, you still miss some things: we allow the player to see what happens when Chris goes to laundry, but not what happens to her before or after. And the MC doesn't know the level of things the player knows.

I'm a little tired to explain it now, can't find the words, but I think you get the idea.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
we allow the player to see what happens when Chris goes to laundry, but not what happens to her before or after.
That sounds perfectly normal, provided that nothing interesting happened. It's also perfectly normal for interesting things to happen without the player knowing about them, but only as long as the MC doesn't either - though you've already set a threshold for what's interesting enough to tell the player about with things like the laundry scene, so there is an expectation that the neighbor and Chris haven't met again.

I thought you meant that you'd maybe do flashbacks or reveals later on about important things that the MC knew about - in which case care should be taken to make them noteworthy only in retrospect. Doing that sort of thing for Chris is a little trickier, but you've already revealed her thoughts once (clumsily, I might add), so using that might work.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Does the fact that I want to see Jennifer banging her brother on the webcam make me a bad person?

When his identity was revealed, that's the first thing that popped into my mind. This is an incest game after all!

Normally, I'm not big on others banging the gals that my MC would be interested in, but in this case...

Reactions: IamLegion

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Does the fact that I want to see Jennifer banging her brother on the webcam make me a bad person?

When his identity was revealed, that's the first thing that popped into my mind. This is an incest game after all!

Normally, I'm not big on others banging the gals that my MC would be interested in, but in this case...
If any banging is involved, I'm (the MC) the one doing the banging. If not, somebody gotta die. Lul.

Aug 13, 2016

i guess there is or was a chance for this to happen. i remember t4bbo mentioned about he was thinking to do a release/update where we were supposed get into jessica's life(with a different pov not the usual mc's), just as a short story, to get to know her better.(i guess it was about 0.2-0.3 or something) and near the same time, he also asked about what kind of fetishes the patrons would like to see and there was father/daughet, brother/sister so I assumed it was for Jess.

but this was actually 3 or 4 months ago as far as i remember. so, don't know if this is still a thing for t4bbo, or he just abondoned those series of ideas. it would be awesome if @Jcj could give any info

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Here's the CG collection for the latest version:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
And when I thought that was over... You've got to be kidding me x'Dx'Dx'D
I think the whole problem for this set is that the choices players get are bad in some way:
1) Stop Christine from coming to the meeting - instead of calmly explaining why she can't join you, MC brushes her off with extreme prejudice, costing a whooping 5 Friendship points. As a bonus the black guy gets to flirt with her. By existing the scene itself is inferring that there's something going on there, hence why people feel they're being set up for NTR. If that's not the case then this scene contributes nothing to the Plot and should be omitted. The -5pts is bad enough.
2) Don't allow Christine to work for Silver - MC acts like an idiot and we get a Game Over. Usually the payoff should be equal to the set-up for a certain choice. What happens in this scene is you're being set up in a situation where the choice is equivalent to "Do I care about my niece enough to try and stop her from working for a guy who will try to sexually exploit her?". If you answer "Yes", the payoff is a resounding "You're a douchebag". This immediately invalidates anything that the game could hope to accomplish, unless the point is actually that caring for people is douchebaggery.

As a whole either the options need to be reworded to better indicate the intention of the MC, or the scenes should be redone so that the MC follows a more reasonable behavior.
Here's a quick example: Instead of straight up forbidding Christine to work for Silver, you can try to explain that he's a creep etc. She then either:
a) thinks you're overreacting and doesn't believe you (maybe if you have low Friendship etc.)
b) tries to explain that she can handle herself and she really needs the job
At this point you can accept her decision (optional +Friendship for caring) or actually try forbidding her with results like:
a) Game Over (if low Friendship)
b) Lose X Friendship points, but she still takes the job
-------
The above suggestion can be accomplished with 10-20 lines of text and no additional renders, but provides a more realistic and nuanced approach to the situation than the current state.

Also you should understand that people will judge the game based on what's available to them, so if it currently looks like a set-up for NTR they will see it as such. It's not a personal attack on anybody, however not being privy to the creators' minds players can only make limited conclusions.
I understand it's not pleasant receiving negative feedback for something you worked on, but I hope I've been constructive enough to warrant the long post and have not offended you or the other creators involved in the game. I like the premise and I really hope it gets even better in the future.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Also you should understand that people will judge the game based on what's available to them, so if it currently looks like a set-up for NTR they will see it as such. It's not a personal attack on anybody, however not being privy to the creators' minds players can only make limited conclusions.
That's the problem I think some people are having.

As it stands right now they can only see upcoming NTR because that's what it looks like and that's how it's set up in other games.

While it doesn't bother me, I do see why people have concerns.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
There is no NTR, none, zero, zilch.

People are worried because a couple of paths are leading that way but the MC isn't in a relationship with anyone so all the women are free to fuck who they want anyway.

People panic though.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
There is no NTR, none, zero, zilch.

People are worried because a couple of paths are leading that way but the MC isn't in a relationship with anyone so all the women are free to fuck who they want anyway.

People panic though.
I don't believe that NTR-perception is strictly defined by whether the parties are in a relationship or not. It's only required to have an established interest in the character. By virtue of being an erotic game, "Babysitter" predisposes the player to have an interest in all female characters. At this point it depends on the psychology of the player and how much they're attracted to a certain character. It certainly doesn't feel good if you're interested in Christine, start sharing and building some rapport with her, to only have her nonchalantly either flirt with a random stranger or brush you off for trying to warn her about a person with sexual harassment history.
I think another thing that ticks most people off (certainly ticks me off) is how competing male characters are represented in the majority of erotic games. They treat the girls as sexual objects and with little respect, nevertheless the girls themselves seem "oblivious" to these traits all for the sake of creating false sense of competition or cheap drama. It would be much more interesting if Robert showed genuine affection and concern for Christine instead of coming across as someone solely interested in a piece of tail.
On the other hand we have Mr. Silver, however being a douchebag asshole is his defining character trait, but in her interactions with him Christine acts like a blind and deaf person. Excusing this with hormones cheapens any impact and actually stands as an absolute counterpoint to her desire to prove herself as an adult. One could argue that's realistic in a way, and it probably is, however the problem is that she's one of the main romantic(?) interests in an erotic game, and having her act in a juvenile way undermines the attraction the game has been trying to build between her and the MC.

So err .... yeah, I like to write long posts, over-analyzing things in a semi-coherent manner. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Jcj and paladin07

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I think another thing that ticks most people off (certainly ticks me off) is how competing male characters are represented in the majority of erotic games. They treat the girls as sexual objects and with little respect,
Amusingly that is exactly what you (character you, not just you personally) are doing in that scenario.

You are treating that person as if she is yours and only yours. Your property because you have an attraction.

She's not with the character despite the attraction he has and is free to fuck any and all comers. People are acting like she doesn't have a choice and that she should belong to the MC and no one else.

I'm not saying that's wrong but to think the MC is any better simply because he's played by us while trying to do the exact same thing as those competing characters does amuse me.

Reactions: kwettkwett

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
Amusingly that is exactly what you (character you, not just you personally) are doing in that scenario.

You are treating that person as if she is yours and only yours. Your property because you have an attraction.

She's not with the character despite the attraction he has and is free to fuck any and all comers. People are acting like she doesn't have a choice and that she should belong to the MC and no one else.

I'm not saying that's wrong but to think the MC is any better simply because he's played by us while trying to do the exact same thing as those competing characters does amuse me.
I believe that to be a good thing. When you are upset because someone might get a chance at "your girl" it means that you are jealous. That implies that the character you "care" for is well written for you to care what happens to her and, more to the point, who bangs her. I also felt a bit disappointed by the only choices we had at the end of the update and I feel this game is going fail (from my perspective) VERY soon. Me, as the uncle and as the guardian and tutor of this naive, little girl, should have more say in what she does considering she's not from around here. Add to that the friendship and love points that are completely ignored. There should be at least a check hidden in the programing and if you have high stats with the girl you can have either a no game over if you say no to her working for Dr. Douchey or a third option. Games fail and are abandoned because of stupid things like this. We will have to see if there will be a rebound.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I think some people seem to have got the wrong idea about the poor girl.

She's not staying with her uncle to be tutored, looked after or told what to do. She's there to do her own thing and find a job, her mother asked if she could stay with you not for you to take over role of father.

She may be naive but she's an adult. If the uncle started telling her what she can and can't do she'd probably go back to her mother.

That first sentence is the problem though, she isn't "your girl". She's a single girl that is staying with you to find her way, that is all. She doesn't belong to the MC nor is she in a sexual relationship with him.

That mindset is far worse than the competing men. They just want sex which is natural you are talking about total control over her life which is, quite frankly, creepy.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017

The MC is better by virtue of him being you. This might sound conceited, but the player has the freedom to put his own meaning and intention into the MC's behavior and is not entirely limited by the game design. The exception is when there's a significant cognitive dissonance between how the MC acts and how the player would like to act, such as the car scene for example.

As for your other points - my personal take is that even if Christine was off the table in a romantic sense, I wouldn't want her to be hurt or exploited. This is based on how the uncle-niece relationship is framed at the beginning.
In a sense Christine doesn't really have a choice, because she's oblivious to everyone's intentions and is pressured by her situation. If she acknowledged Robert or Silver's sexual interests in her and decided to string them along (or do something more) to her benefit then I'm cool. It would be much more in character, based on her previous scenes where she was shown to be more perceptive and thoughtful. Instead she suddenly becomes naive and juvenile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilson
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes