Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
Some of us aren't talking about NTR.

The theme of this seems to be the MC is going to have a thing for his niece, do we agree on that?

As it stands that niece is either off with a big black fella or a creepy perv but not the guy we're playing as.

All some of us want to know is ..... what the fuck is the point of the story? Are we trying to nail the niece are we trying to nail the married assistant or are we going to bang creepy pervs arse.

So far there is no clear direction as to what the purpose of the MC is. No, it isn't NTR because he's not with anybody.

People got it into their heads that MC and Christine were going to end up as a thing but so far all roads are leading away from that.

Aside from the MC being an absolute numpty and falling for a shit con with his software and being absolutely useless with the wimmin folk, what's the goal?

Even games like DMD with the slowest build in the history of slow builds still had an idea of what it was doing until that took a turn for the creepy with recent updates.

So, no, NTR isn't the problem. We sorted that out pages ago and moved on. The problem some people have is a lack of clear direction.

I know the game is called babysitter but that seems to be all we're doing, looking after Christine, and nothing else.
I don't know, maybe it is a cultural aspect and wherever you live it's a normal thing for a girl to fall in love with her uncle. But to me, making a girl fall in love fall in love with the MC must be way harder than making her have some interest for ANY other guy around her (Interest as in considering it first, not actually going for it without a second thought).

And again, saying things like "People jump to conclusions because that's what you gave them" means you haven't get what I was saying. Maybe it's my english, I don't know, but my point is that without a final product (v.0.0.5, come on, two 0s) you shouldn't be making any conclusions whatsoever.

To sum up, my point is... you wouldn't expect to know what happens in a book just by reading five chapters, so why do it with a game?

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Some of us aren't talking about NTR.

The theme of this seems to be the MC is going to have a thing for his niece, do we agree on that?

As it stands that niece is either off with a big black fella or a creepy perv but not the guy we're playing as.

All some of us want to know is ..... what the fuck is the point of the story? Are we trying to nail the niece are we trying to nail the married assistant or are we going to bang creepy pervs arse.

So far there is no clear direction as to what the purpose of the MC is. No, it isn't NTR because he's not with anybody.

People got it into their heads that MC and Christine were going to end up as a thing but so far all roads are leading away from that.

Aside from the MC being an absolute numpty and falling for a shit con with his software and being absolutely useless with the wimmin folk, what's the goal?

Even games like DMD with the slowest build in the history of slow builds still had an idea of what it was doing until that took a turn for the creepy with recent updates.

So, no, NTR isn't the problem. We sorted that out pages ago and moved on. The problem some people have is a lack of clear direction.

I know the game is called babysitter but that seems to be all we're doing, looking after Christine, and nothing else.
See this is the biggest problem I have with monthly releases. When you try to make everyone happy, you make no one happy. When you are this early into a game, it needs to have linear updates for a few months to flesh out the main plot-line. Yet this dev, and many others, try to start the game out by introducing side characters or a bunch of branching paths. When you do that the game feels way too thin.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
See this is the biggest problem I have with monthly releases. When you try to make everyone happy, you make no one happy. When you are this early into a game, it needs to have linear updates for a few months to flesh out the main plot-line. Yet this dev, and many others, try to start the game out by introducing side characters or a bunch of branching paths. When you do that the game feels way too thin.
That's it. Most games with a story like with books, TV shows and movies introduce the main characters and set a narrative as to what the main aim is.

You lay the foundations and then build up. This feels like they started laying some foundations and then decided to build a bit of wall but the foundations aren't finished yet.

We have no aim, no goals and no idea what the MC is trying to do moving forward. It does feel like a babysitter game where we gave Christine a place to stay and now we're watching her story from the side lines without any clear path of our own.

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
In most stories characters are introduced in the introduction -you will forgive the repetition-, then you develop their stories and then you have game ends depending on the path you have taken.

If you are in the middle of the game and suddenly a new guy no one has heard about comes in, I'd say you are trying to make everyone happy by introducing new characters... but in this case I don't think it applies, as their stories are already planned.

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
In most stories we get more then 5 minutes of content per month.
We already explained this and apologized to our patrons, although it's curious that there haven't been as many concerns by the guys who are actually paying as there have been here, but anyway.

In the last update we focused on text and laying those foundations for every path, but it end up being shorter than we expected. I think by the next update the introduction will be finished and we will start developing each route, making important choices that will affect the storyline.

Reactions: paladin07

OttO

Apr 11, 2017
You can, obviously create or write what you see fit, but let's take a look at what we have from another angle. The thing, that there might be an option not to get cucked instead the other way around, is a clear indication to what audience you are catering.
It will be interesting to see if those are enough to sustain the development.

Last edited:

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
You can obviously create or write what you see fit, but let's take a look at what we have from another angle. The thing, that there might be an option not to get cucked instead the other way around is a clear indication to what audience you are catering.
It will be interesting to see if those are enough to sustain the development.
The main plot (that means the Good End) is not NTR, and it has never been. I don't know where you get that 'option not to get cucked instead'. Of course it's a matter of perspective, but I'm telling you the main plot is not getting cucked. I don't know what else you need.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I can't see why people got so upset about the fact that the niece can have other love interests beside her uncle, it is very clear at the patreon fetishes list that we will have MM/F

Fetishes
  • Corruption
  • Teen
  • Incest
  • Anal
  • Feet
  • Voyeurism
  • Sleep
  • Harem
  • M/FF
  • MM/F
  • FF
  • MILF
but I fully expect it to be avoidable as story progress in both paths

Maybe people are pissed because they see the niece as some kind of sacred goddess that can only have eyes for the MC and can't interact with other man, that's completely irrational, as jcj said, her uncle should be the last person she would consider having a sexual relationship with

The Niece is not the same as the Daughter of DmD, they are completely different characters, the daughter is innocent as fuck and have some extreme love issues, that's why she grows so attached with the Father and is afraid of every other man, so she only trusts the Father. The Niece had a normal life as far as we know, she only lives with you because she wanted to leave her mother's house and work, the only reason she would have to fuck the Uncle is because she likes his dick or because he was nice to her, but unlike the daughter she isn't stuck with her Uncle, she's shy but nothing like the Daughter.

The only complain I have is that it's stupid that the uncle couldn't say that Mr Silver is a slimeball as he had plenty of time from the clothes shop to the office, I'm fine with the situation and the results, but a better excuse to why he couldn't say to the Niece about Silver is very much needed, and I think that's why a lot of people complained, the Uncle came across as a retarded.

SholBlerk

May 11, 2017
Ever since I started posting on this thread, yeah :coldsweat:
Yeah sorry about that!!! :biggrin:

I have been seeing you here a lot but I really haven't quite been reading carefully what's been written so didn't know. Good to know that.

I think I'm going to catch up on this and see what this NTR fuss is all about. I'm actually a fan of NTR.

Reactions: Jcj

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
The only complain I have is that it's stupid that the uncle couldn't say that Mr Silver is a slimeball as he had plenty of time from the clothes shop to the office, I'm fine with the situation and the results, but a better excuse to why he couldn't say to the Niece about Silver is very much needed, and I think that's why a lot of people complained, the Uncle came across as a retarded.
Good point there. Again, as the game progresses, we will probably have to make a stop and rewrite some parts, this comments help too.

Just to give you a plausible explanation (on a quick thought, totally improvised): maybe the uncle didn't want the niece to know the kind of guy he's working with as he is ashamed she won't approve, or he just was too busy thinking about what the problem was and didn't realize he was actually going to meet Mr Silver with her niece until he is there.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I good way to manage that dialog would be to give the option to tell her or not, but them you would need to tell everything that happened in the restaurant and how he groped your secretary (because she would want to know how you know he is a pig), and them the Niece gets pissed at the MC for signing a contract with a despicable person and game over. I know people don't like those dead ends but I think it's better than: "I forgot, derp".

Reactions: T4bbo and Jcj

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I can't see why people got so upset about the fact that the niece can have other love interests beside her uncle

the Uncle came across as a retarded.
Some of us aren't bothered about the niece having other love interests. She's a free and single girl, she can fuck the entire cast if that's how they want to do it.

My problem is with your last point there.

The uncle has come across as a bit of a numpty and he doesn't seem to have any direction nor serve a purpose.

Reactions: Thornhill

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
I good way to manage that dialog would be to give the option to tell her or not, but them you would need to tell everything that happened in the restaurant and how he groped your secretary (because she would want to know how you know he is a pig), and them the Niece gets pissed at the MC for signing a contract with a despicable person and game over. I know people don't like those dead ends but I think it's better than: "I forgot, derp".
Yeah, adding that segment would give coherence to the story, thanks.

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
The uncle has come across as a bit of a numpty and he doesn't seem to have any direction nor serve a purpose.
Same argument applies: where I come from, uncles don't go fucking their nieces at the first opportunity they have. Actually, even if they have the opportunities, the normal thing would be to reject it. One thing is to fantasize or peek in the shower and the other is intentionally seducing her. The idea is to be more daring as the story progresses, trying to simulate real life (where you get more confident, hence daring, as you get positive feedback).

Those doubts the uncle has towards his relationship status with her niece are all over the game dialogues, and the transition should be slow.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
You keep bringing the niece into conversations I haven't mentioned her in.

Christine is another character entirely.

What I mean about the uncle is, what's he doing, what is his aim, where is the story going. He doesn't seem to have any direction.

Surely he has more to his life than eventually getting into someones panties.

You may have an idea but all we've seen is a guy who fell for a shit con and seems oblivious to the world around him.

The idea of a main character is to get the reader behind them, supporting them and even put themselves in that spot. We've got an MC that rolled over when he should have had the Silver bloke by his balls with his illegal breach of contract.

We're not talking about the women, we're merely saying that some people see the uncle as a little bit dumb.

Reactions: Thornhill and Jcj

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
You keep bringing the niece into conversations I haven't mentioned her in.

Christine is another character entirely.

What I mean about the uncle is, what's he doing, what is his aim, where is the story going. He doesn't seem to have any direction.

Surely he has more to his life than eventually getting into someones panties.

You may have an idea but all we've seen is a guy who fell for a shit con and seems oblivious to the world around him.

The idea of a main character is to get the reader behind them, supporting them and even put themselves in that spot. We've got an MC that rolled over when he should have had the Silver bloke by his balls with his illegal breach of contract.

We're not talking about the women, we're merely saying that some people see the uncle as a little bit dumb.
Oh! I misunderstood, sorry, although the comment we were both quoting was specifically talking about that situation.

Anyway, maybe @T4bbo wants to jump in and give his thoughts about this, but I don't see this game as the ones with a Main objective, secondary objectives, etc.

The way I see it you get to play a segment of the life of a guy whose life decisions took him to a position in which he was pretty fucked up. The moment you take control of his life you can decide if you like him to stay like that or you want to change his role. Of course you can't go from "fucked up guy who agrees to a shitty shady deal in desperation" to "Stifmeister" in the blink of an eye, but somehow, the way you play it will determine the outcomes and the experiences he will get and the guy he will become and the end of the game.

Reactions: Gomly1980

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Oh! I misunderstood, sorry, although the comment we were both quoting was specifically talking about that situation.

Anyway, maybe @T4bbo wants to jump in and give his thoughts about this, but I don't see this game as the ones with a Main objective, secondary objectives, etc.

The way I see it you get to play a segment of the life of a guy whose life decisions took him to a position in which he was pretty fucked up. The moment you take control of his life you can decide if you like him to stay like that or you want to change his role. Of course you can't go from "fucked up guy who agrees to a shitty shady deal in desperation" to "Stifmeister" in the blink of an eye, but somehow, the way you play it will determine the outcomes and the experiences he will get and the guy he will become and the end of the game.
Took us a while but that's all I wanted to know. Just needed to know he was going somewhere.

Nice.

Reactions: Jcj
3.90 star(s) 183 Votes