Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As for your other points - my personal take is that even if Christine was off the table in a romantic sense, I wouldn't want her to be hurt or exploited. This is based on how the uncle-niece relationship is framed at the beginning.
In a sense Christine doesn't really have a choice, because she's oblivious to everyone's intentions and is pressured by her situation. If she acknowledged Robert or Silver's sexual interests in her and decided to string them along (or do something more) to her benefit then I'm cool. It would be much more in character, based on her previous scenes where she was shown to be more perceptive and thoughtful. Instead she suddenly becomes naive and juvenile.
That's my issue as it stands now.

They either need to have her know what she's about which in some places she is or have her be naive, you can't be both, it doesn't work that way.

The only reason i'm not concerned is one of the writers said there is a path missing that should allow a more neutral way to deal with that last part and that's fine.

I would just like to know where Christine's personality lies because switching between naive/foolish one minute and flirty/perceptive in another doesn't add up.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
For some reason, its not letting me opened V0.0.5 for Mac every time I try to click the icon it's telling me
The application “Babysitter” can’t be opened.

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
For some reason, its not letting me opened V0.0.5 for Mac every time I try to click the icon it's telling me
The application “Babysitter” can’t be opened.
did you DL it from Google or Mega? For some reason, I've been getting alot of corrupted stuff when I'm using mega the last two or so days... even with stuff that I have stored in my cloud on mega and try to DL either with my browser or with megasync...

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
did you DL it from Google or Mega? For some reason, I've been getting alot of corrupted stuff when I'm using mega the last two or so days... even with stuff that I have stored in my cloud on mega and try to DL either with my browser or with megasync...
I used both files to download it and both of them gave me the same message The application “Babysitter” can’t be opened.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Nevemind I finally got it work all you have to do is download the 0.0.5 version click the folder and drag the game icon to the 0.0.4 folder and it will ask you to keep both or replace make sure click keep both and click the copy icon and that should do it.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Sunday, August 27- Patreon page has an image:
I am a lowly $10 patreon, do we have a $20 patreon who can share???...

Drazex

May 9, 2017
Hi there, first time here, i got struck at day 2, when i go to christine room press the pillow i got rollback error that show this:
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 2324, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 2324, in <module>
NameError: name 'PyjamaTaken' is not defined

and so i try to go to my room to press laptop, i also got same error, the error show this when press laptop
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1951, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 2028, in <module>
NameError: name 'SoftwareSent' is not defined

i cannot continue the game, can anyone advise me on how to solve this problem please, your help is grateful appreciated.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, if you haven't already, you need to enable Console. Unren.bat will do that for you, and also unzip the art if you want to take a gander at it later...

Place unren.bat inside the Babysitter 0.0.5 folder, click on it, and choose option 9. Then hit any key when it's done

Then, when you are in your game, hit shift+o (i.e. capital O) to enable console. Type PyjamaTaken=0 (then hit return). Also, type SoftwareSent = 0 (then hit return). This will define these variables at their initial values.

Then, hit the esc key to exit the console. Hopefully this will allow you to get past this point. I'm not sure why you are seeing the errors though, but I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: paladin07

Drazex

May 9, 2017
OK, if you haven't already, you need to enable Console. Unren.bat will do that for you, and also unzip the art if you want to take a gander at it later...

Place unren.bat inside the Babysitter 0.0.5 folder, click on it, and choose option 9. Then hit any key when it's done

Then, when you are in your game, hit shift+o (i.e. capital O) to enable console. Type PyjamaTaken=0 (then hit return). Also, type SoftwareSent = 0 (then hit return). This will define these variables at their initial values.

Then, hit the esc key to exit the console. Hopefully this will allow you to get past this point. I'm not sure why you are seeing the errors though, but I hope this helps.
thank you, its work but it seems that there are more same error as i process the game, do i need to download any software like python to play this

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
RenPy should be self-contained, so I'm not sure what's going on. Quick question - Windows, Android, or Mac?

Also, are you using an existing save, or are you starting a new game from the beginning?

May 3, 2017
Apparently someone need to fix the walkthrough. I followed it and I never got the paycheck from the bald client. shit!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Apparently someone need to fix the walkthrough. I followed it and I never got the paycheck from the bald client. shit!
You don't get any more money from Day 1. The $300 is all you get ingame so far.

I'm guessing that you are seeing this message after the lunch with the client? You NEED to have Sonja working for you in order to advance beyond this point (and lie to her about what the software is for). Or are you talking about another point in the game?

Reactions: Darkaura

Jcj

Jul 1, 2017
I think the whole problem for this set is that the choices players get are bad in some way:
1) Stop Christine from coming to the meeting - instead of calmly explaining why she can't join you, MC brushes her off with extreme prejudice, costing a whooping 5 Friendship points. As a bonus the black guy gets to flirt with her. By existing the scene itself is inferring that there's something going on there, hence why people feel they're being set up for NTR. If that's not the case then this scene contributes nothing to the Plot and should be omitted. The -5pts is bad enough.
2) Don't allow Christine to work for Silver - MC acts like an idiot and we get a Game Over. Usually the payoff should be equal to the set-up for a certain choice. What happens in this scene is you're being set up in a situation where the choice is equivalent to "Do I care about my niece enough to try and stop her from working for a guy who will try to sexually exploit her?". If you answer "Yes", the payoff is a resounding "You're a douchebag". This immediately invalidates anything that the game could hope to accomplish, unless the point is actually that caring for people is douchebaggery.

As a whole either the options need to be reworded to better indicate the intention of the MC, or the scenes should be redone so that the MC follows a more reasonable behavior.
Here's a quick example: Instead of straight up forbidding Christine to work for Silver, you can try to explain that he's a creep etc. She then either:
a) thinks you're overreacting and doesn't believe you (maybe if you have low Friendship etc.)
b) tries to explain that she can handle herself and she really needs the job
At this point you can accept her decision (optional +Friendship for caring) or actually try forbidding her with results like:
a) Game Over (if low Friendship)
b) Lose X Friendship points, but she still takes the job
-------
The above suggestion can be accomplished with 10-20 lines of text and no additional renders, but provides a more realistic and nuanced approach to the situation than the current state.

Also you should understand that people will judge the game based on what's available to them, so if it currently looks like a set-up for NTR they will see it as such. It's not a personal attack on anybody, however not being privy to the creators' minds players can only make limited conclusions.
I understand it's not pleasant receiving negative feedback for something you worked on, but I hope I've been constructive enough to warrant the long post and have not offended you or the other creators involved in the game. I like the premise and I really hope it gets even better in the future.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
People jump to conclusions because that's what you gave them.

You gave your audience a few choices. One ends up with a big black fella and another ends up with an old pervert.

That's not a jump to see where those are heading. There is only one reason you'd show her meet a fella on a train that had nothing to do with the MC at that time and that's a potential fuck for the girl. That is the only conclusion anyone can draw from that otherwise that scene makes absolutely no sense.

lunamm

May 31, 2017
I just finished the friend route and came to check if there are any patreon post upadates and i saw once again those unnecessary ntr comments.. Lets state it once more, there is no ntr and there will be none, since the girl is the protaginists niece and no his gf or wife..So unless they start going out (having sex and going out is different btw) there will be no ntr here.
About the encounter with the bar/washers dude in the train, there is a chance he is going to help her find a job, either at the bar or somewhere else, so either she is going to work with mr.silver if you let her join you or at the bar (or wherever he recomends) if you dont. Lets dont forget she is trying to become independent and an adult so she will need a job eventually..
About the mr Silver's job, there are many possible ways to proceed with this part of the story. He might corrupt and exploit her, SHE might use her female charms (not yet but maybe eventually?) to manipulate him or maybe she will help the secretary to blackmail him and get rid of him (a combination would be the best imo) or maybe something completely different so lets not set in stone what will happen only based on assumptions.
Anyway the game is great so far, i really like the concept and the image quality has skyrocket compared to the beginning of the game imo. Maybe it could be nice to include a small skippable tutorial about the home navigation. "Older" players have figured it out by now but newer ones might struggle to find where the hell is the laptop or the wardrobe or whatever..

Sorry for the text wall and my bad english.

Reactions: Jcj

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I just finished the friend route and came to check if there are any patreon post upadates and i saw once again those unnecessary ntr comments.. Lets state it once more, there is no ntr and there will be none, since the girl is the protaginists niece and no his gf or wife..So unless they start going out (having sex and going out is different btw) there will be no ntr here.
About the encounter with the bar/washers dude in the train, there is a chance he is going to help her find a job, either at the bar or somewhere else, so either she is going to work with mr.silver if you let her join you or at the bar (or wherever he recomends) if you dont. Lets dont forget she is trying to become independent and an adult so she will need a job eventually..
About the mr Silver's job, there are many possible ways to proceed with this part of the story. He might corrupt and exploit her, SHE might use her female charms (not yet but maybe eventually?) to manipulate him or maybe she will help the secretary to blackmail him and get rid of him (a combination would be the best imo) or maybe something completely different so lets not set in stone what will happen only based on assumptions.
Anyway the game is great so far, i really like the concept and the image quality has skyrocket compared to the beginning of the game imo. Maybe it could be nice to include a small skippable tutorial about the home navigation. "Older" players have figured it out by now but newer ones might struggle to find where the hell is the laptop or the wardrobe or whatever..

Sorry for the text wall and my bad english.
Not everybody has the same definition of NTR, however the most common one found on the internet actually includes the situation where the couple aren't in a relationship, but there's been an established sexual tension between them with the end goal of provoking jealousy in the audience. If you still don't understand how this fits into the narrative, then just accept that people use it as a blanket term for guys other than the MC having sex with the main female interests in a game. If said guys are douchebags the effect is proportionately stronger.

Further arguing of semantics is pointless.

Last edited:

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Some of us aren't talking about NTR.

The theme of this seems to be the MC is going to have a thing for his niece, do we agree on that?

As it stands that niece is either off with a big black fella or a creepy perv but not the guy we're playing as.

All some of us want to know is ..... what the fuck is the point of the story? Are we trying to nail the niece are we trying to nail the married assistant or are we going to bang creepy pervs arse.

So far there is no clear direction as to what the purpose of the MC is. No, it isn't NTR because he's not with anybody.

People got it into their heads that MC and Christine were going to end up as a thing but so far all roads are leading away from that.

Aside from the MC being an absolute numpty and falling for a shit con with his software and being absolutely useless with the wimmin folk, what's the goal?

Even games like DMD with the slowest build in the history of slow builds still had an idea of what it was doing until that took a turn for the creepy with recent updates.

So, no, NTR isn't the problem. We sorted that out pages ago and moved on. The problem some people have is a lack of clear direction.

I know the game is called babysitter but that seems to be all we're doing, looking after Christine, and nothing else.

3.90 star(s) 183 Votes