D

Dr PinkCake

I wonder if they do it like Luxee with PL and A69-release 0.01 of the new game and put it on hold.Or like Alex and Au-Pair Innocence/Lost in Temptation.
No idea why so many devs starts a second,third or even forth game before finishing first one.Probably burn out.But that shouldn't be an excuse.Let's hope both Babysitter and PL will turn better than BB or some of ICSTOR games.
It depends on timing I'd say. Let's say you are a lucky developer who can work full-time in this business. When your game is completed, what's next? Will patrons stay and support you while you do pre-production work and they wait months for you to put something else up? How do you get an income during that phase? Simple! You start planning and working on your next game when the current game is close to the end. It might seem like a "dick move" to postpone the current game, as players really want you to finish what's been started. But there is sound logic behind such a move; some may scream "MONEY MILKING!" but it's nothing but survival. I'm actually already doing it, in very small doses, so by the time my game is finished I can immediately start production of the next game. That's my 2c, but I'm sure there are other reasons too.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It depends on timing I'd say. Let's say you are a lucky developer who can work full-time in this business. When your game is completed, what's next? Will patrons stay and support you while you do pre-production work and they wait months for you to put something else up? How do you get an income during that phase? Simple! You start planning and working on your next game when the current game is close to the end. It might seem like a "dick move" to postpone the current game, as players really want you to finish what's been started. But there is sound logic behind such a move; some may scream "MONEY MILKING!" but it's nothing but survival. I'm actually already doing it, in very small doses, so by the time my game is finished I can immediately start production of the next game. That's my 2c, but I'm sure there are other reasons too.
Nothing bad to start thinking for the next game but that should be no early than 3-4 updates before the end of the current game.Not 10 or even more updates like in some cases.And definitely not starting the new game and completely abandoning the old one.
And don't forget that most devs that are starting a second game actualy make way more money than most people here.

Reactions: qwerty76423578
D

Dr PinkCake

Nothing bad to start thinking for the next game but that should be no early than 3-4 updates before the end of the current game.Not 10 or even more updates like in some cases.And definitely not starting the new game and completely abandoning the old one.
And don't forget that most devs that are starting a second game actualy make way more money than most people here.
I hear you, I hate abandoned games as much as the next guy. There are really no guidelines on how to do this business though. When a finished game could lead to you, as a dev, losing the majority of your income/supporters and the funding enabling you to do this fulltime, I'm sure you would understand why it happens. I don't condone it, but I understand it.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I hear you, I hate abandoned games as much as the next guy. There are really no guidelines on how to do this business though. When a finished game could lead to you, as a dev, losing the majority of your income/supporters and the funding enabling you to do this fulltime, I'm sure you would understand why it happens. I don't condone it, but I understand it.
If they do it like Sin and DoD,I'm OK with that.But not if we go with something like BB or API.

FXM

Oct 2, 2017
Just great... sounds like he's lost interest.

"The plan is to work on both games simultaneously"
Usually a death knoll.
i have seen this before with other devs, short and rushed updates then announce of a second game developed at the same time then a rushed unsatisfactory end to move on, yeah i guess he lost interest, RIP babysitter (well it was never one of the best games)

SomeOldFart

Nov 18, 2017
Since the game will be going on for awhile past the yacht update and you guys are looking at new rendering options, I would like to formally request 1) hot kissing scenes added from the start of the game just like the ones in Milfy City and 2) more action with Julia especially like the scene on the yacht in future updates. Please. :)

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
Since the game will be going on for awhile past the yacht update and you guys are looking at new rendering options, I would like to formally request 1) hot kissing scenes added from the start of the game just like the ones in Milfy City and 2) more action with Julia especially like the scene on the yacht in future updates. Please. :)

You're a big fan of the ole tongue war based on your last couple of posts. Kissing is a very high class fetish only superseded by hand holding and I can't see such a highly refined and niche fetish like that making the cut. Maybe you'd find better luck in some of the more extreme fetish games out there if you are looking for something of that nature.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deep Thought

May 30, 2018
While there wasn't as much sexy interactions as I thought there'd be I'm still pretty satisfied by this game. I like a good story and this one seems to be progressing nicely. I'm using 3 paths, the horny route, corp route and a Christine only route. I really appreciate the NTR being a completely optional path as I personally have 0 interest in this but understand others do. With so many paths available it makes sense some paths won't get as much content each update. Can't wait for the next update to see what comes next after the cliffhanger.

Reactions: Dolphin3000

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
You're a big fan of the ole tongue war based on your last couple of posts. Kissing is a very high class fetish only superseded by hand holding and I can't see such a highly refined and niche fetish like that making the cut. Maybe you'd find better luck in some of the more extreme fetish games out there if you are looking for something of that nature.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I totally agree with you on what you said in your spoiler ;)

Reactions: SomeOldFart

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
A question to all you NTR folks. I personally do not like NTR and have no interest in it. However, I'm willing to try it out in this game as I want to focus solely on Jessica. So, is it possible to have an NTR route where I don't mind giving up Chris but do not want Jessica NTR'd? If so, which path should I follow? Corporate or Patreon?

3.90 star(s) 183 Votes