bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
IMHO some pictures should not be leaked. The low tier patron or people who are still considering can decide to upgrade, keep supporting or upgrading the patron levels as a direct result. It's marketing 101 but it seems most devs are locking behind ridiculous paywalls what they should give for free. I used to be a patron myself and right now I am still waiting for that one special Dev that will make me a patron again. So far, there were some games that were quite interesting but by the time I considered to support them the projects were abandoned, there are the games that I think the devs are purposely dragging the development "milking" the patrons and there are the games that are going to offer about 1-2 hours of continuous gameplay that I will only support when they are complete and therefore "pay" once for said game. Unfortunately, most devs don't use their brains and study basic marketing techniques and that's where a lot of them phail. Of course, we have the ones that upload stumps calling them alfa and then milking the patrons for a few hundred bucks only to abandon the project a few months later, in which time they "produce" another alfa stump. They should be banned from ever being able to touch any kind of computer (laptop, desktop, tablet, smartphone, etc.). That'd be my two cents.

On a similar note of experience, that is exactly why I pulled my support of several devs on patreon almost a year ago. Most of them abandoned their work constantly and after checking some to see if they'd started again, their pages are gone entirely. It was disappointing really and then to see how many are milking things now makes it more frustrating. The ones who are consistent in their updates though or complete their projects are the ones who deserve support to some degree when or how a person is able to. Be that financially, providing feedback, motivating others to check out that person's work, etc. But all in all, definitely agree with what you said there for the most part.

The way I see it, once you are paying a certain amount, you will accept paying more or less depending on what the dev is offering you. If you start paying 1$ you might progress to 5/10/20/40 if you see the content is uploaded on a regular basis and you like it and think it's worth it. But if you know that paying 1$ you get the same as the guy who's paying 40$ using a different route, you are discouraged to pay more. You still contribute, but there is a chance you'd help more if that option wasn't there.

And I know this is a pirate site, I respect it, I just thought it was interesting enough to comment, how posting the pirate game might not hurt the game income as much as posting the Patrons posts.
Seeing some of the actual devs on here with the courage to interact with the community is always unique. If there is anything to take away from a pirate community like this, it's that you want to use it as a means of self promotion. Too many fail to realize this is and can be used as a method of marketing. Considering your work, i'd say you should do just that. You actually have something people like and want to see more of if you remain consistent in your updates and complete your work. You'll probably find financial supporters that way when they're obviously able to and definitely the feedback you're looking for. As far as feedback? You've got some pretty good rendered art in your game from what i've seen and some decent storytelling to go with it. Some only have one or the other going for them and many don't even have that much. More direct feedback, spice things up with the niece and her uncle's boss in a few updates. Just seems like the thing that needs to be done for some reason but that's only an opinion. I'm sure the anti-ntr crowd will be up in flames about that however.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Is it bad that i'm looking forward to this update more than the Dreams of Desire one?

I know, sacrilege right XD
Nope, not bad at all. I am curious about this one too because it's not se exactly how the track will go to reach the goal of the niece. :)

paladin07

May 28, 2017
On a similar note of experience, that is exactly why I pulled my support of several devs on patreon almost a year ago. Most of them abandoned their work constantly and after checking some to see if they'd started again, their pages are gone entirely. It was disappointing really and then to see how many are milking things now makes it more frustrating. The ones who are consistent in their updates though or complete their projects are the ones who deserve support to some degree when or how a person is able to. Be that financially, providing feedback, motivating others to check out that person's work, etc. But all in all, definitely agree with what you said there for the most part.

Seeing some of the actual devs on here with the courage to interact with the community is always unique. If there is anything to take away from a pirate community like this, it's that you want to use it as a means of self promotion. Too many fail to realize this is and can be used as a method of marketing. Considering your work, i'd say you should do just that. You actually have something people like and want to see more of if you remain consistent in your updates and complete your work. You'll probably find financial supporters that way when they're obviously able to and definitely the feedback you're looking for. As far as feedback? You've got some pretty good rendered art in your game from what i've seen and some decent storytelling to go with it. Some only have one or the other going for them and many don't even have that much. More direct feedback, spice things up with the niece and her uncle's boss in a few updates. Just seems like the thing that needs to be done for some reason but that's only an opinion. I'm sure the anti-ntr crowd will be up in flames about that however.
T4bbo is the developer of this game, in case you are thinking that the person you were directing that comment to was the developer. I don't know whether the quoted poster is collaborating with T4bbo, but I just wanted to give you that heads up.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Cant wait for this to be released. My wife and i are planning on adding this to our long list of devs we support. More money draining from my account haha. In the mean time who do i have to blow for this update?
Jande21 mentioned (In DoD thread) going to play this game today but I am not sure if that's because he/she knew it was going to be out, or because they are on the higher patreon rank and already have it. Just saying...

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Also, Congrats to T4boo on crossing the $6,000/month mark on Patreon. You deserve it man!
Nice! Thatsa "quit real job and work on game full time" level for most people. Not sure how much Patreon takes off the top though, but if nothing else that's enough to build a pretty kick-ass rendering PC (or two) to help cut down on that aspect of things anyway.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
My friends a pledge of this guy and i thought he was awake sadly hes passed out and his husband doesnt know his patreon password this is the first time i have had to wait for an update for this game and i hate it

3.90 star(s) 183 Votes