palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Judging by this message on Discord, I'd say he's had beef with wifey's parents again. Anyway, she's being taken care of, and he's apparently happy that he doesn't have to deal with the parents anymore.

So... Why didn't he address the game or his plans...anything? I believe t4bbo's last message was from July where he's announced to continue the work on Babysitters after visiting his wife for a week, and the update was supposed to drop in August if I'm not mistaken.

A week turned into 3 months, and the only thing he says on Discord after all this time, is that he's pissed but also happy. Yeah...uhm...cool?

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Judging by this message on Discord, I'd say he's had beef with wifey's parents again. Anyway, she's being taken care of, and he's apparently happy that he doesn't have to deal with the parents anymore.

So... Why didn't he address the game or his plans...anything? I believe t4bbo's last message was from July where he's announced to continue the work on Babysitters after visiting his wife for a week, and the update was supposed to drop in August if I'm not mistaken.

A week turned into 3 months, and the only thing he says on Discord after all this time, is that he's pissed but also happy. Yeah...uhm...cool?
Well.. the update you refer to was schedueled for Dec -21 release after being delayed already..

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Well.. the update you refer to was schedueled for Dec -21 release after being delayed already..
Yeah, I know that. t4bbo had announced a break from developing as he's apparently had to pay for alot of stuff, and the job offer he had gotten back then allowed him to solve his financial problems. He's been developing a VAT automation tool for some company and was done with it in July, which is when he's made the statement I mentioned in my previous post.

That's why I said it's now been 3 months, and all he's saying on Discord is that he's pissed but also happy. I just don't get it. lol

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Yeah, I know that. t4bbo had announced a break from developing as he's apparently had to pay for alot of stuff, and the job offer he had gotten back then allowed him to solve his financial problems. He's been developing a VAT automation tool for some company and was done with it in July, which is when he's made the statement I mentioned in my previous post.

That's why I said it's now been 3 months, and all he's saying on Discord is that he's pissed but also happy. I just don't get it. lol
:unsure: He's happy because maybe everything is getting better and he'll get back to the game development soon is what I think.

Reactions: palmtrees89

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
:unsure: He's happy because maybe everything is getting better and he'll get back to the game development soon is what I think.
T4bbo just said that he's happy about not having to deal with his wife's parents anymore. Not a single word about the game. He surely knows that there's thousands of people waiting for an update of his game, or even a piece of information on what his plans are. But nothing?

He's already went radio silent in November last year, then came out with a statement months later, where he's apologized and told his supporters about his job offer and financial crisis. Next thing we know is that in July he's finished up with his job, said he's going to visit his wife for a week before continuing his work on Babysitters. That was 3 months ago. And now that he's back (or not? who really knows?), he doesn't feel the need to say anything except that he's pissed and also happy not having to deal with her parents anymore. What happened in the past 3 months? Why wasn't he able to work on the game as he said he would? Where do we stand now? And how many more times are we going to read about his plans, just to wait for another 3 months without anything happening, any information or lifesign?

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm making any demands here. He's not charging his patrons and I'm playing this title for free. I just find it disappointing that t4bbo doesn't feel responsible in any way. Not letting his community know what's going on, not following up on his own statements. It's been almost a year, and his community barely ever knows what's even happening or if they can even expect another update to be released at any point in time.

I just hate it when developers make statement after statement without ever being able to keep their words. It's just that t4bbo used to be one of my favourite developers, but the past 12 months are really starting to shift my opinion in a negative way. Well, nobody's perfect I guess.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
T4bbo just said that he's happy about not having to deal with his wife's parents anymore. Not a single word about the game. He surely knows that there's thousands of people waiting for an update of his game, or even a piece of information on what his plans are. But nothing?

He's already went radio silent in November last year, then came out with a statement months later, where he's apologized and told his supporters about his job offer and financial crisis. Next thing we know is that in July he's finished up with his job, said he's going to visit his wife for a week before continuing his work on Babysitters. That was 3 months ago. And now that he's back (or not? who really knows?), he doesn't feel the need to say anything except that he's pissed and also happy not having to deal with her parents anymore. What happened in the past 3 months? Why wasn't he able to work on the game as he said he would? Where do we stand now? And how many more times are we going to read about his plans, just to wait for another 3 months without anything happening, any information or lifesign?

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm making any demands here. He's not charging his patrons and I'm playing this title for free. I just find it disappointing that t4bbo doesn't feel responsible in any way. Not letting his community know what's going on, not following up on his own statements. It's been almost a year, and his community barely ever knows what's even happening or if they can even expect another update to be released at any point in time.

I just hate it when developers make statement after statement without ever being able to keep their words. It's just that t4bbo used to be one of my favourite developers, but the past 12 months are really starting to shift my opinion in a negative way. Well, nobody's perfect I guess.
Ahh yes now I understand I thought it was about the game itself.

Yes you are right there are many waiting for a new update of the game but unfortunately t4bbo didn't communicate with us for a long time but then we found out what was going on and everyone the problems he had as you mentioned I was always rooting for him so that everything would be ok, like everyone here.

But you're right, it's a bit annoying when a Dev is making a lot of statements for his community. But unfortunately many do not comply with their words I'll give an example like oh ( stoper ) today he is no longer that developer that I liked to see interacting with members t4bbo himself is already one of those I'm not judging but after a year he changed a lot maybe this has to do with the problems he had as we all have in life but i think now he's solved everything it's like you said no one is perfect one day that Dev you like so much will disappoint you like many others have done

but some learn from their mistakes maybe t4bbo is one of them I hope he fixes everything and makes us have faith in him again a good start for this would be a great update with lots of fun

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020

Agree with everything you said, it's all very confusing. I suppose his little "updates" about his in laws are basically his explanation for the delay, and hint that it will be even longer still. I know T4bbo is in a tough situation, but if even just dealing with in-laws is going to be the reason not to resume game development, seems he should just abandon the project then. Doesn't seem like he's interested in continuing it anymore

Dec 29, 2021
Are you his family and need to know what's going on? No. Are you his friends? No. Do you have a contract with him and does he owe you anything? No. It's his art, it's his baby. He decides for himself what to do and what not. If you can't handle it then you have to forget the game yourself and he doesn't have to give it up. He doesn't owe you anything. ;)

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Are you his family and need to know what's going on? No. Are you his friends? No. Do you have a contract with him and does he owe you anything? No. It's his art, it's his baby. He decides for himself what to do and what not. If you can't handle it then you have to forget the game yourself and he doesn't have to give it up. He doesn't owe you anything. ;)
Who said we NEED to know what is going you? Or that he OWES us anything? Or that he HAD to give it up? The only person saying any of that, and oversimplifying people's opinions, is you...:rolleyes:

T4bbo decided himself to share personal information with his followers/subscribers, earlier as part of his explanation for his disappearance, but didn't mention anything specifically in his last update about game development. Sure, most of us on here are pirates, so he doesn't "owe" us, but his patreons might feel differently, especially when he said the update was coming a while back and didn't provide any explanation. Even if he paused payments, those that have supported his projects, financial or otherwise, might wish to know what's going on.

Based on what another user said before, apparently T4bbo had a history of similar disappearances/delays when working on Babysitter, so there's precedence there that might not have anything to do with his wife. T4bbo himself mentioned the delay was because he was busy helping goddamn Bezos become even richer :LOL:

"It's his art, it's his baby. He decides for himself what to do and what not."

Well, if this game really was his baby, it'd be dead from neglect by now :ROFLMAO:

Croftic

Jul 20, 2017
Yep, communication with the community is a key. Just a few words like "sorry guys i have some new problems and i can't update the game this month. Hopefully i'll fix it later" and most of the people will understand it. We are waiting and hoping rn(because of t4bbo's promises).

Just don't give people false hope and fix your stuff first, but if you did give people hope, just talk to the community a bit and tell them not to expect an update in the near future and people will be grateful for this info. Waiting is the most annoying sh*t.

4.30 star(s) 84 Votes