Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
so is there no update oin an update?
I'm still pushing to get the next update down by the end of this month (February). I had hoped to get it out a bit earlier, but Real Life intervened. :( Without going into the details, my RL job suddenly dropped a mission-critical, DefCon-1 project on me which has, among other things, involved a fair bit of travel to company sites over the past couple of months, and that's held things up more than I'd've liked.

(I tried putting the project files on a thumbdrive so I could try to do some work in the hotel room at night, but crossing time zones + unfamiliar environments + hotel-room "desks" that aren't actually designed for you to accomplish anything useful on them + being reduced to a single 15" laptop screen instead of my usual dual-26"-monitor setup = not really being able to "get into the groove", so to speak.)

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
(I tried putting the project files on a thumbdrive so I could try to do some work in the hotel room at night, but crossing time zones + unfamiliar environments + hotel-room "desks" that aren't actually designed for you to accomplish anything useful on them + being reduced to a single 15" laptop screen instead of my usual dual-26"-monitor setup = not really being able to "get into the groove", so to speak.)
A rEAl DeV wOuLD jUst CoDE oN tHEiR pHoNe WHeN ThEy tRaVeL!!!!11

Hope things get back to a normal pace for you soon, travel can be brutal especially for extended periods. I wish I could pitch in and help with the updates some more, but I'm limited on time for similar reasons. Fuck the haters.

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
do you think you can add hints to help get to scenes
And spoil the adventure of exploration ?!?!?

I think it may be impossible to get hints to all scenes as there are many events that have totally random chance of happening.
The girl Scout, Park Path, Beach & the fountain encounters are some I can think of atm

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
And spoil the adventure of exploration ?!?!?

I think it may be impossible to get hints to all scenes as there are many events that have totally random chance of happening.
The girl Scout, Park Path, Beach & the fountain encounters are some I can think of atm
Actually the only random ones are meeting Amy in the park trail and meeting Sally on the fountain plaza. Girlscout happens on a specific day, and beach IIRC depends on if you are going from the house, or from the city (from the house you get either normal beach or nudist beach depending on if you have Cream's bikini top or not, from the city you always get nudist since Cream didn't take her bikini).

EDIT: Also rain is random. It's annoying since it locks you out of that day's unique event.

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Actually the only random ones are meeting Amy in the park trail and meeting Sally on the fountain plaza. Girlscout happens on a specific day, and beach IIRC depends on if you are going from the house, or from the city (from the house you get either normal beach or nudist beach depending on if you have Cream's bikini top or not, from the city you always get nudist since Cream didn't take her bikini).

EDIT: Also rain is random. It's annoying since it locks you out of that day's unique event.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what the rationale for that was, other than as a quick-and-dirty way to add some replay value by potentially having to make you go through the game more than once to get to all of the daily events. :confused:

The trouble is, it doesn't really give you any alternative events instead. You just go through the "photo session" scene again, playing with the camera — which, to be sure, will play out differently depending on whether you have the camera or not, and whether you've gotten Cream comfortable with getting undressed, but that's all.

The other problem with it is that, at least according to some people, the "random" rain event is happening a lot more frequently than it should. I haven't been able to duplicate that myself, but that probably just means there's some difference in the RNG being used (or how it gets seeded) between my system and everyone else's. I think the logic around how it chooses a random rain event might be a bit faulty, as well. I'll take a look at it.

Chenzhou

Aug 28, 2018
I had a really random thought...since Cream complains when you want to swim right after eating...why not add a prompt for Sanic to jump in anyway, only to play the Triple OG Sanic drowning theme then popping to a GAME OVER or a red DEAD? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Guys, let's not derail this thread with a bunch of AI chatbot stuff, please?
Agree - Let's keep the thread on track & dedicated towards the game.

While Novilon continues fixing the bugs, cleaning up the code & try to sort out the mess the other developers left him in, may I suggest that MAYBE we can help out in some way & finally get the game finished, after all Novilon is attempting all of this in his spare time for free.. why not us lot also try & help out ??

- Maybe talented artists (I'm definitely not one) could come up with drawings for existing scenes that have pictures missing (Eg the Amy Threesome) or maybe update/tidy-up the ones that exist already
- for example itsonlyme has posted pics Pic1 Pic2 Pic3.. & Grossmind why not the rest of us comment on them and offer suggestions (I like the 'I found a pic' one as it offers the possibility of Sonic finding it when searching Creams room or down the back of the sofa.. Maybe a 'collectable gallery' feature can be added to game eventually)

On the subject of 'missing scenes' - maybe some of us players can find which events have no pics & post a list so that artists can know which to attempt to make. Players can also mention any bugs found to help Novilon find & fix them, after all the faster we find the bugs the faster they get fixed & the faster the game progress can continue

- There's already been a couple of suggestions of story lines that may help link events together ( like mine & Desertrider) so maybe we can come up with other ideas to expand the unfinished story (What DOES Vanilla do in the office block ??? - What IS the 1st night cutscene really about ?) - We might even come up with new indoor events for when it's raining

- :unsure:Just had Ideas while typing this

When in park, Sonic may find a Umbrella on Bench when he sits down, then on Rainy days when he tries to 'go outside' he & Cream can then get on the Bus to the Mall & you can do the events there like visit Cinema (since the mall is indoors)
OR
- In the 'Dining Room' not a lot happens in game so maybe Sonic & Cream could complete a jigsaw together while it's raining & while Cream is bending over to fit in a piece - depending on RWC certain events can occur while
- RWC Low: Grip Hips to help & nothing else happens but Sonic 'Peeping' & RWC Increase
- Can Get Dress Off but still wearing Dress: Sonic has options to fondle Cream backside or to rub against her
- Can Get Dress Off & not wearing it: Sonic has same options as above but now can fondle breasts as well

- Can Get Undies Off: tongue play/full sex maybe even options similar to Cream's bedroom with 'larger toy'

- I've also written a sort of guide (addition) that helps get Cream naked on the first day (but this exploits the 'Mall Stall' glitch which might get fixed in the future). Maybe a proper hint guide or Route guide to the different scenes could be made ??

Phew that's a lot of writing but should give some ideas on how we can contribute

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
- In the 'Dining Room' not a lot happens in game so maybe Sonic & Cream could complete a jigsaw together while it's raining & while Cream is bending over to fit in a piece - depending on RWC certain events can occur while
The way the game code is set up now, "Dining Room" and "Kitchen" basically just branch to the same .RPY code module; the only difference being how the background image is set first. So that's why you don't really get much of anything there right now, although a few events (like "pizza delivery" and the "special ice cream" scenes) will switch to it as you go through the scene.

I'd already been thinking about some ways to split them off so that Kitchen and Dining Room have their own specific events, so your jigsaw-puzzle idea definitely has merit! :)

The "umbrella" idea is also not a bad one either. Even though the next release is going to put a hard limit the number of "rainy days" that can occur in the week (some people indicated that they were getting three or four days in a row rained out, which really hamstrings your ability to move forward in the game at all), the player really should be able to do something on those days, rather than have them be a (mostly) wasted day not being able to do much of anything except watch cartoons and play board games.

(Of course, you'd think Vanilla would have an umbrella somewhere in the house, too. Either way, though, it would be a thing you need to find and add to your inventory before you can venture out to the mall on a rainy day.)

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Even though the next release is going to put a hard limit the number of "rainy days" that can occur in the week
I know what they mean.. when I was doing my guide it seemed I was always getting a rainy day on the 2nd day

I like that of making a list so that the artists have a guide, the truth is that some things are difficult for me to interpret, and I don't know how many scenes there may be, I have never seen everything that the game has to offer.
A list of situations could help me draw scenes. :)(y)
Yeah - pretty sure there's a LOT I've not seen.
Since the game was first released ( Yeah I've been around since then) I think there were suppose to be pictures planned for certain events

Guess I'll try & have a look through my notes at some point (the ones that I made for my guide tryout) to see if I have anything about some of the paths & re-trace them to see if there's anywhere I think there should be a picture that may be appropriate.

FYI - There is a way to extract/view existing pictures in Renpy games which I've tried & I've seen some I don't actually remember seeing while playing - one of them is 'event backyard handstand_sex' - dont remember seeing that one

Reactions: itsonlyme

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
FYI - There is a way to extract/view existing pictures in Renpy games which I've tried & I've seen some I don't actually remember seeing while playing - one of them is 'event backyard handstand_sex' - dont remember seeing that one
It's not really necessary in this case, since the files aren't packed into a single archive like some games do. All of the image files are visible under /game/images.

event backyard handstand_sex is shown when you succeed in having sex with Cream while she's doing a handstand in the back yard. For that to occur: Get her to do a handstand, and when she starts to tip over, grab her by the hips to steady her. When her panties come all the way off (80% chance), take a chance and rub her, then try to fuck her upside-down. Note that RWC must be 500 or higher; "touch" must be 10 or greater (or you've achieved "fondled Cream"); she has to be willing to 'get naked', and you must have achieved 'vaginal' sex at least once, to get this specific event.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes