gayboy692003

May 24, 2020
The wholesomeness of this little community for this kind of game is astounding and I love it! Keep up the good work you all! In a reasonable way. :)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: FuzzyBunny23

gvf_12

Sep 29, 2020
Will there be an option to change text color? The way I have it running on Joiplay the text is white against a gray background, which makes reading certain scenes impossible.

Reactions: FuzzyBunny23

Novilon

Feb 8, 2021
Will there be an option to change text color? The way I have it running on Joiplay the text is white against a gray background, which makes reading certain scenes impossible.
That kind of sounds like an issue with Joiplay, unless the grey background is a setting in Joiplay that you specifically chose for some reason...?

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, it doesn't look like Ren'Py provides any built-in mechanism for letting the user change the text color(s). Which is odd, since Ren'Py does provide an "accessibility" menu of sorts which lets you change the font and the text size; you would think they would include some way for the programmer to let the user choose between a "normal" and "high-contrast" color set as well... :( That seems like a significant oversight on someone's part...

EDIT: Okay, so I stumbled across a 3rd-party library which may make it possible to have user-selectable font colors choices for the game text -- but it's really poorly documented (as in, "not really documented at all"), and includes no working code examples indicating how to integrate it into your own game code, so... yeah. :rolleyes: I'll experiment with it some when I have a chance, and see if I can get my head around it (or even better, maybe find someone who has used it and actually documented how they did it!) -- but no promises at this point.

Last edited:

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
Alright, houseguests are gone, and I can get back to actual writing. I'll need to get my main comp set back up and then I can access the repo again. Then I just need to get my head back in the game and remember what I was doing two months ago, lol.

Novilon and I will finally be getting in sync on updates and I'll be able to review his/her (Don't know, lol) changes. Progress should be starting up again this coming week.

FuzzyBunny23

May 24, 2020
You guys defiently put way more work into this than I thought, I've honestly had no idea it was that much work, really hope you guys remember to take breaks and relax once in a while and I really appreciate the work you do, keep going and don't listen to those who keep asking for updates and take your time
The biggest actual code updates came early on when we reviewed all of the game variables, created a bunch of new ones, and recreated the in game notebook. FiveSteaks made a completely new variable updating system in true python style instead of just increments. Lots of bad variable references and completely broken code were tracked down and fixed.

The stories are much more complex now since we try to account for all possible levels of experience. A single scene can be several hundred lines long and contain 5 or more versions of that scene. It frequently takes me a solid day or more of working on it to update a single scene.

CrackNutter

Nov 18, 2018
"
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/living.rpy", line 1083, in script
$ stats.change('touch', +1, notify=True)
File "game/living.rpy", line 1083, in <module>
File "game/stats.rpy", line 92, in change
log('Changed stat %s: %d\n' % (key, amount))
NameError: global name 'log' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/living.rpy", line 1083, in script
File "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Fold\BSCFB23-0.3.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Fold\BSCFB23-0.3.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/living.rpy", line 1083, in <module>
File "game/stats.rpy", line 92, in change
log('Changed stat %s: %d\n' % (key, amount))
NameError: global name 'log' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Babysitting Cream FB23 Unofficial Ren'Py Version 0.3.1
Sun May 30 21:46:02 2021

"

Is there a fix to it? Because in every option those errors show.

Oct 7, 2019
I really wish people would just...LOOK at the thread before asking questions. Sometimes the answer is there but buried, and that is fine, but when the answer is on the most recent page and a couple of comments up...wtf.

Workdammit

May 6, 2017
EDIT: Okay, so I stumbled across a 3rd-party library which may make it possible to have user-selectable font colors choices for the game text -- but it's really poorly documented (as in, "not really documented at all"), and includes no working code examples indicating how to integrate it into your own game code, so... yeah. :rolleyes: I'll experiment with it some when I have a chance, and see if I can get my head around it (or even better, maybe find someone who has used it and actually documented how they did it!) -- but no promises at this point.
In the "cheats mod" for Lab Rats 2 [link: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/] there's an option to change people's text color, so those folks may be able to help you out.

AceTheKicker

Jul 4, 2021
I found this port being made and was curious if Aval0n was aware of it and... It seems that they, as well as the others, are still actively working on BSC (new art, writing, etc) along with porting it to RenPy... Why not just help them with their port? Genuine question btw, hope it doesn't come across as rude.

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
I found this port being made and was curious if Aval0n was aware of it and... It seems that they, as well as the others, are still actively working on BSC (new art, writing, etc) along with porting it to RenPy... Why not just help them with their port? Genuine question btw, hope it doesn't come across as rude.
Aval0n knows about the ports and mods to his game, I don't think he is happy about his game being modded, but he is seldom happy about anything. He has his own team and is making a ground up rewrite of the game. People have offered help in the past, but he has always turned them down.

protoff

Apr 14, 2019
I only found out about Aval0n still working on the game\porting it to renpy when the port was like 90% ready lol. Besides that, I kinda like the og game and wanted to do something with it, and porting it to Renpy seemed like a great idea. I dont plan on helping Aval0n any time soon tho, I am a horrible team player.

Reactions: drud and nenten
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes