4.10 star(s) 28 Votes

lkta

May 3, 2017
I may need to make make a walkthrough already :D.
Will probably be helpful at some point. Good luck with the game, seems promising so far at least & nice unique models with backdrops that aren't the same recycled shop/restaurant/bars already used in hundreds of other games.

Quick thing that probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things is that you can not see the return text on image 12 of the photo gallery due to it being white. If you have looked at any of the others first you know where the text is but if you looked at 12 first you would need to hover over it accidently to find it

Reactions: Rico Caramba

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Will probably be helpful at some point. Good luck with the game, seems promising so far at least & nice unique models with backdrops that aren't the same recycled shop/restaurant/bars already used in hundreds of other games.

Quick thing that probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things is that you can not see the return text on image 12 of the photo gallery due to it being white. If you have looked at any of the others first you know where the text is but if you looked at 12 first you would need to hover over it accidently to find it
Thanks for your remark about the image and the textbutton. I am aware of it, but I'm not a programmer by trade. So I don't have a solution for it yet, other than changing all textbuttons, which would be ugly in most other images imo. If I find something, I'll use it.

lkta

May 3, 2017
Thanks for your remark about the image and the textbutton. I am aware of it, but I'm not a programmer by trade. So I don't have a solution for it yet, other than changing all textbuttons, which would be ugly in most other images imo. If I find something, I'll use it.
I guess a very quick fix that would only affect this image is to have a small shaded square at the bottom of this one image, just enough to highlight the text. (could be lighter than shown below) Or maybe some sort of border around the image entirely or something as it is from a newspaper in the game so could have some sort of surround

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I guess a very quick fix that would only affect this image is to have a small shaded square at the bottom of this one image, just enough to highlight the text. (could be lighter than shown below) Or maybe some sort of border around the image entirely or something as it is from a newspaper in the game so could have some sort of surround
I'll think about it. But the code that puts the images in the photo album is quite tricky, for me anyway. I'm glad I managed to get it working, to be frank.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
You don't have to be afraid for NTR, certainly not with Jacky or Idah. But don't expect all the girls you meet to fall for you and for you alone. I try to involve love and kindness in all relations you will be able to experience on your journey, but you might meet some tough nuts in the future. If that happens, I will warn you and you will always have a choice.
Ah I'm glad you clarified what the game is about, unfortunately its not for me, thank you! good luck with the game!

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
If everybody would wait for half a year, it would be very difficult to realize those frequent updates. A little support would be nice. ;)
I would love to support, I just have a history of that money being wasted and games being abandoned or worse dragged on forever, plus I'm poor so that makes it that much worse. So I wait and see if the developer is serious about the game or if they just want money. 9/10 It's obvious they only care about the money, with shitty small updates every 4 or more months. Perfect example is ICSTOR and the game Milfy City, when was the last time it was updated? Dec 2019 and I'm pretty sure he's still active on patreon and people STILL pay him. So yeah, sorry, but I need time.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I would love to support, I just have a history of that money being wasted and games being abandoned or worse dragged on forever, plus I'm poor so that makes it that much worse. So I wait and see if the developer is serious about the game or if they just want money. 9/10 It's obvious they only care about the money, with shitty small updates every 4 or more months. Perfect example is ICSTOR and the game Milfy City, when was the last time it was updated? Dec 2019 and I'm pretty sure he's still active on patreon and people STILL pay him. So yeah, sorry, but I need time.
Can't forget the infamous Gumdrop. STILL making money on Patreon and no releases for a couple years.

Reactions: ChrisHaze

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Please don't take it personal. I understand that you feel let down by some devs, especially if they have a lot of followers and seem to get a lot of money for what looks like very little work. You're free to spend your money however you want, nobody forces you to do anything. And I can't judge how much money you can, or cannot spend.

What people don't realise is that developing a game is very time consuming and costs a lot of money. The part of Back Home you have seen so far cost me three months of my life. Not some spare hours in the evening, but full days, ten hours or more, seven days a week. I have invested more than € 2,000 in hardware and software, probably more, to be able to make it. I'm not complaining, I enjoy what I'm doing. But not everyone can do that, certainly not for a longer period of time. Some need to work to earn money, and hours spent at work can not be spent at developing the game. It's inevitable that many developers have to take a time-out at some point.

So, if you can spare a few bucks, sponsor a developer. It doesn't have to be me. But please don't take for granted that games are "free" because they appear on this site. Without your support, if only for one dollar, it is impossible to make the games you like.

4.10 star(s) 28 Votes