Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
The normal cycle is between 30 and 40 days for each update
excellent so much I also wait three months for other games, it's not a problem. I was just asking for information.
keep it up which as I said promises well (y)

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
how the hell do you win against the big bouncer?

you already take a fuck load of damage from the 2 goons and then you have to fight a walking tank

that can somehow dodge every attack even though you're some sort of ex-spec force

makes no sense

Reactions: Budman 1959

marocto

Mar 17, 2018

you already take a fuck load of damage from the 2 goons and then you have to fight a walking tank

that can somehow dodge every attack even though you're some sort of ex-spec force

makes no sense
start the fight, and every time you dont land a hit or you get hit just go back and choose the same or a different option

• Haha
Reactions: DarthSion98
Dec 4, 2022
I have to agree with some other players regarding the fighting systems. I was also unable to beat the opponents fairly. Had to use the back button quite a lot.
BUT
this is the only "short-coming" next to a very long list of great results - lovely story, sexy images and videos and the smoothness of the game.
Bald Games keep up the fantastic work! Absolutely brilliant.

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I have to agree with some other players regarding the fighting systems. I was also unable to beat the opponents fairly. Had to use the back button quite a lot.
BUT
this is the only "short-coming" next to a very long list of great results - lovely story, sexy images and videos and the smoothness of the game.
Bald Games keep up the fantastic work! Absolutely brilliant.
I tried to balance the fighting system so that weaker opponents deal less damage and take more damage, but have more chance to dodge and have their attacks harder to dodge. On the other hand, stronger opponents have less chance to dodge and have their attacks easier to dodge, but deal more damage and receive less damage. But in the end, everything is a percentage chance. For example, the Big bouncer has only a 20% chance to dodge your attacks and a 20% chance to block. This means the player has a 60% chance to hit him and deal maximum damage. But if you're unlucky, he might dodge three attacks in a row. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I will try to better balance the combat system since soon we will have a fighting championship event. I don't want players to feel frustrated with this event, as it will have many interesting possibilities.

Spider-Ham

May 9, 2017
I tried to balance the fighting system so that weaker opponents deal less damage and take more damage, but have more chance to dodge and have their attacks harder to dodge. On the other hand, stronger opponents have less chance to dodge and have their attacks easier to dodge, but deal more damage and receive less damage. But in the end, everything is a percentage chance. For example, the Big bouncer has only a 20% chance to dodge your attacks and a 20% chance to block. This means the player has a 60% chance to hit him and deal maximum damage. But if you're unlucky, he might dodge three attacks in a row. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I will try to better balance the combat system since soon we will have a fighting championship event. I don't want players to feel frustrated with this event, as it will have many interesting possibilities.
Maybe the fighting system could be changed in the future so that it was based on human player skill (like the dance contest or the shooting practice) and not in percentages.

I don't know, maybe with a kind of "quick time event" being more difficult the stronger the rival is...

Anyway, thank you very much for always being open to the criticism and suggestions of the players and congratulations for being the creator of one of the best games on the forum :love:(y)

Reactions: Bald Games

marocto

Mar 17, 2018
Maybe the fighting system could be changed in the future so that it was based on human player skill (like the dance contest or the shooting practice) and not in percentages.

I don't know, maybe with a kind of "quick time event" being more difficult the stronger the rival is...

Anyway, thank you very much for always being open to the criticism and suggestions of the players and congratulations for being the creator of one of the best games on the forum :love:(y)
GODS NO!. for me thats way worse. the "quick time events" are the worst thing of the game. and they take more time to retry if you fail

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022

makes no sense
It's a bit long, but I did it like this:
when he attacks you always dodge, keep a save handy and if he hits you reload... you have to do it many times but when you hit, always try to attack him with your best... save and continue; save and continue ... it's a bit "mangy" but I assure you that it overcomes.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
It's a bit long, but I did it like this:
when he attacks you always dodge, keep a save handy and if he hits you reload... you have to do it many times but when you hit, always try to attack him with your best... save and continue; save and continue ... it's a bit "mangy" but I assure you that it overcomes.
Some has already suggested that I used the back button.
A lot.

Spider-Ham

May 9, 2017
GODS NO!. for me thats way worse. the "quick time events" are the worst thing of the game. and they take more time to retry if you fail
Well, I have given that example because the game already has that kind of system, but, in my opinion, the important thing is not the mechanism, the important thing is that it is the skill of the real player that allows him to win the fight.

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
It's hard to come to a consensus. Some players like QTEs, some hate them. I remember I received a lot of negative feedback on the first version of the dancing minigame precisely because I tried to do something to challenge the player. I had to go back and make the minigame easier and an auto-win choice after two fails. I finally understood that for some people the minigame was easy, but not everyone has the same reaction time, and the minigame ended up becoming frustrating for those people. As a developer, it's almost impossible to please everyone. But I've been trying my best to make the game as balanced as possible.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Honestly, it's difficult to implement any gameplay mechanic deep into a game without any leadup. By that time, the game has already developed a character and identity, and altering it in any fundamental way is a risk. Haven't played for a few updates, but I never felt the game was missing out on skill challenges or combat, and wouldn't have expected them as a natural course of development.

I understand the creative urge to try new things and expand the scope of a project, but there's a reason why standard procedure for projects is to lock down features at the ideation or at least prototype stage. Obviously, it's different in an indie episodic project, but I still think the most effective method may be to stay on course, keep things simple, take down any ideas for new features you get during development, and use them in the next game, where they can be introduced in a more organic manner.

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Honestly, it's difficult to implement any gameplay mechanic deep into a game without any leadup. By that time, the game has already developed a character and identity, and altering it in any fundamental way is a risk. Haven't played for a few updates, but I never felt the game was missing out on skill challenges or combat, and wouldn't have expected them as a natural course of development.

I understand the creative urge to try new things and expand the scope of a project, but there's a reason why standard procedure for projects is to lock down features at the ideation or at least prototype stage. Obviously, it's different in an indie episodic project, but I still think the most effective method may be to stay on course, keep things simple, take down any ideas for new features you get during development, and use them in the next game, where they can be introduced in a more organic manner.
I agree with you in part. And that's what made me give up on some good ideas that I will only use in a future project, such as the achievement system. But on the other hand, if I had chosen never to make improvements and additions to the game, we would have a much simpler game than Back to Freedom is today. Just look at the game's changelog, and you'll see how much the game has improved since its first version.
That said, my plan for the future of the game is adding just one last big new system that I can't announce yet as I don't know if it'll work out the way I want. After that, I'll just focus on finishing the story. A new minigame here or there might be added, but that's nothing that deeply impacts the core game mechanic.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
When looking at the console while running the game, this is an error that shows.

Config.saves.onLoad has been deprecated, use the Save.onLoad API instead
set onLoad @ index.html:113

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Public version 0.15 launched. OP updated with new links.
Please report any bugs found.
If you like the game, consider supporting it.

Thank you all and have fun.

4.10 star(s) 45 Votes