momojean

Sep 15, 2017
Honestly the game code is so messy with many bugs. With the next update, it will be a challenge to run the game smoothly. Preview images look nice but I agree that they point to a crappy story. I believe the update will be just Ok. I doubt that people will quit their support.And I bet the update will be here in next to weeks.
I see that you believe too much. As long as these rich people will continue to pay for having nothing in return, he will not bother to develop this game anymore. The guy is winning twice his target ($ 500) without delivering anything. And knowing his legendary laziness, forget that the update will come next week or even next month. Unless they stop pledging. That's what I believe.

roro

May 29, 2017
I see that you believe too much. As long as these rich people will continue to pay for having nothing in return, he will not bother to develop this game anymore. The guy is winning twice his target ($ 500) without delivering anything. And knowing his legendary laziness, forget that the update will come next week or even next month. Unless they stop pledging. That's what I believe.
Do you have a case where a dev lost lot's of patrons and as a result started delivering faster updates? It never happened and it won't start here...

Kai Andersen

May 1, 2018
That, again crying poor pirates? Your victims don't let you Rob them often? Be patient, drink rum, Rob anyone else. And do not forget, even if by chance among you there are his patrons. He did not sign any contracts with anyone. Nowhere is it stipulated how much he should release the material for some amount of money. You are simply sponsors, patrons who support his initiative. You're not employers. And you can't make a claim against him. After all, it does work. Creativity is not subject to a strict schedule.
Hey, bartender, all my friends have a mug of rum? It's my treat!:devilish:

ccheev

Jul 20, 2017
That, again crying poor pirates? Your victims don't let you Rob them often? Be patient, drink rum, Rob anyone else. And do not forget, even if by chance among you there are his patrons. He did not sign any contracts with anyone. Nowhere is it stipulated how much he should release the material for some amount of money. You are simply sponsors, patrons who support his initiative. You're not employers. And you can't make a claim against him. After all, it does work. Creativity is not subject to a strict schedule.
I never pirated his game I was a long time supporter of Bad bobby but got tired of never getting any product after paying so I stopped my support after two months of not getting any notifications or replays from RAince. I belive this game is dead and everyone should move on.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Do you have a case where a dev lost lot's of patrons and as a result started delivering faster updates? It never happened and it won't start here...
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you're implying the developer here started making less updates because they lost a lot of patrons. It's just the opposite. They stopped making regular updates, and when they did, a lot of people found them too short and lacking in what they wanted. That's why patrons started falling off. If you are a developer like Rainces, and you see your followers start to drastically drop because you're not putting out updates on time, then it's in your best interest to start putting them out faster to try to win them back. If he's waiting for people to come back before he starts making updates faster, that's not going to happen. I realize that life happens, and it can get in the way of programming. But it shouldn't get in the way of at least keeping a basic level of contact with your supporters.

If I had stumbled upon this game while it still was young and looked like it had potential, I would have sponsored, just like I do a couple of other games right now, and have sponsored others in the past. But instead I came into a game that never really went anywhere meaningful with it's story or with the sex, and hasn't put out a real update in half a year. I'd be an idiot to sign on at this point, or to have signed up anytime recently. Now, if the next update actually comes out, and it's actually good, I'd likely sign up as a patron, at least until I had reason to stop. I'd want to tell the developer "hey, this was a big step in the right direction, so I'm going to support you now". But as it stands, this game is like that movie that you see ads for, and looks vaguely interesting. It's another sequel, so you know what it's going to be like, but haven't really been all that thrilled by in the past. Chances are, you aren't going to drop the money to see it in the theater. At best, you'll catch it on Netflix or cable, and realize that it was good that you had saved your money. If the movie was any good, then you might actually want to catch the next one as it came out, and jump on the hype and fandom train.

Reactions: allintine

roro

May 29, 2017
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you're implying the developer here started making less updates because they lost a lot of patrons. It's just the opposite. They stopped making regular updates, and when they did, a lot of people found them too short and lacking in what they wanted. That's why patrons started falling off. If you are a developer like Rainces, and you see your followers start to drastically drop because you're not putting out updates on time, then it's in your best interest to start putting them out faster to try to win them back. If he's waiting for people to come back before he starts making updates faster, that's not going to happen. I realize that life happens, and it can get in the way of programming. But it shouldn't get in the way of at least keeping a basic level of contact with your supporters.
You misunderstood me (probably because of my bad English).
What I meant was that if he'll start loosing lots of patrons, that's not gonna give him any motivation to finish updates faster. My assumption is based on the fact that it never happened before, and if I'm mistaken, I'll be happy if you can show me examples of a dev with bad communication and slow updates that changed drastically for the better after loosing lots of patrons.
Of course it's in his best interest to give faster updates, and I bet he knows that. I don't know why he isn't delivering faster nor why he's not communicating with his patrons, but I'm sure he knows it's not good for his business, so maybe he has a reason for this behavior.
On the other hand, I really don't understand the lack of communication with his patrons. It takes less than five minutes to write a weekly status...

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
You misunderstood me (probably because of my bad English).
What I meant was that if he'll start loosing lots of patrons, that's not gonna give him any motivation to finish updates faster. My assumption is based on the fact that it never happened before, and if I'm mistaken, I'll be happy if you can show me examples of a dev with bad communication and slow updates that changed drastically for the better after loosing lots of patrons.
Of course it's in his best interest to give faster updates, and I bet he knows that. I don't know why he isn't delivering faster nor why he's not communicating with his patrons, but I'm sure he knows it's not good for his business, so maybe he has a reason for this behavior.
On the other hand, I really don't understand the lack of communication with his patrons. It takes less than five minutes to write a weekly status...
I'm not aware of any specific developers that have had such slow updated and poor communication. There's definitely abandoned games out there, and this game may be on it's way to it. And it's definitely kind of a vicious circle, where delayed updates and poor communication lead to lost patrons, which in turn makes the develop less interested in working on the game, which in turn leads to more delays and less communication, etc.

I have seen other developers that have just lost interest in their own games, and this feels a bit like that. They don't really want to work on the game anymore or deal with their patrons. The game has become too much like work for them, or maybe they've just developed writer's block in creating new or good content. Games don't usually recover from that. The developer may just disappear entirely or start a new game that they're actually interested in.

I don't really expect things to get better with this game. It's been losing momentum more and more. The developer barely engages with their patrons at all. They're still making a 1k a month for doing absolutely nothing, and maybe from their standpoint it's a smart idea to not make a new update anytime soon. If people are going to pay you for nothing, why risk actively drawing their attention to you by releasing an update. The same person that supported them without a thought for the last year might withdraw their support if a new update sucks. They may not even remember they still support the game until they get the notification of a new update. An awful lot of patreon pages get supported just by people not cancelling their support. I still support some "dead" pages in hopes the creators start doing something again, or because I know they need it still.

But this game could be pulling in the developer 2-3k a month easily if it had regular updates that actually had meaningful stuff happen in them. Even updates every two months would make a huge difference, depending on the updates. But the renders are there to make this a very successful game, and the hints of a story that could be fleshed out. I get very frustrated with where this game is right now and where it seems to be heading because when you start playing it, it seems to have so much promise. But years and many updates later, it really had yet to deliver on it.

Reactions: roro

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah at times like these is when you’d look at patreon/Kickstarter games can be nothing more than scams. Which is why places like f95 are important because for some reason those that payed out a few hundred dollars for a game that has less content than a £0.99 game on steam get very defensive low quality work is called out.

I mean like Jesus a 3000 dollar laptop was the goal in the end for this game.

Hoschimitzu

Apr 2, 2018
Is there any way to skip Time or see whats the Time/Day current? There is no Clock or something so I have to wait in my room for Liza's return
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but without knowing how long or how to skip time its just Painfull.

Reactions: tossler
3.10 star(s) 98 Votes