Mstr Sinner

Dec 28, 2023
BBS DEMO - MOD BY MSTR SINNER

Got bored waiting on the next update so I made a small mod for the Demo.

Decided to share it with my fellow Degens!

Works on PC idk about any other platforms.

The Mod edits events surrounding Mike in the Demo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
UPDATE: NTR is now 100% Skippable while keeping the Motel Scene with Liza. Preview Images below.

This will be the final version of this mod. Hopefully RAinces releases the full update soon so we can all enjoy it!

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
UPDATE: NTR is now 100% Skippable while keeping the Motel Scene with Liza. Preview Images below.

This will be the final version of this mod. Hopefully RAinces releases the full update soon so we can all enjoy it!
So in ”Yes Homo” version, Bob turn off lights to Mike (or what's name)?

Mstr Sinner

Dec 28, 2023
So in ”Yes Homo” version, Bob turn off lights to Mike (or what's name)?
No. In the "Yes Homo" version the Scene with Mike is still there (With Liza - For people who still want NTR option) but he hints that he's in love with Chris. There is no actual gay sex :ROFLMAO:. But I realize this may be a turn off for most people. So I offered 2 optional files. 1 With the Bisexual comments and 1 without. The 1 Without being the default "No Homo" version since most people are Heterosexual.

I hope everyone enjoys the Mod! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AE7777

skliakzipt

Mar 27, 2021
Per Rainces:

God, it's so frustrating! There's so much work to do!
I've spent the last 3 days only on proofing and spelling...
I'll do anything I can to send the test version to my testers today.

I dont know if this is a excuse to buy more time like if some of his testers find any bugs but he never worked with anyone always alone. Odd that he has ''testers'' now.

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
Per Rainces:

God, it's so frustrating! There's so much work to do!
I've spent the last 3 days only on proofing and spelling...
I'll do anything I can to send the test version to my testers today.

I dont know if this is a excuse to buy more time like if some of his testers find any bugs but he never worked with anyone always alone. Odd that he has ''testers'' now.
We know for sure he worked with OGRey at least one time, so your theory is almost null!

darksorrow

Jul 24, 2017
I would like to know how, based on the size of his updates, can he take 3 days on "proofing/spelling", especially in today's age with tools like chatgpt and such... Do you know how much text it would take for me to spellcheck for 3 days? lol

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
I would like to know how, based on the size of his updates, can he take 3 days on "proofing/spelling", especially in today's age with tools like chatgpt and such... Do you know how much text it would take for me to spellcheck for 3 days? lol
He claims to have a job as his main activity and he also has a family, it may seem strange to you but under these conditions it may seem believable.

Mstr Sinner

Dec 28, 2023
The problem with Spell Checking in Chat GPT or something even as simple as Google Docs is these programs don't account for Ren'Py python logic. If you use tab on a line (Because Ren'Py literally doesn't allow tab indenting...) or have 1 line indented incorrectly (to far in or not far enough to match the expected logic), it breaks the whole game and it won't even start. You'll just get an error code when you try to start the game. The best thing to do is manual editing. Otherwise you'll just end up with hundreds to thousands of broken lines of code anyway.

The worst thing is when you don't get the error code at the start. But instead you get it on a playthrough and you have to figure out how you fked up the code because the game is now crashing in the middle of a scene.

Speaking from experience editing and debugging lines of code can be extremely time consuming. Add the fact that he's writing the story himself, and doing all the renders himself...

Coding, Writing, and Rendering are each full time jobs objectively. Just putting things into perspective.

darksorrow

Jul 24, 2017
The problem with Spell Checking in Chat GPT or something even as simple as Google Docs is these programs don't account for Ren'Py python logic. If you use tab on a line (Because Ren'Py literally doesn't allow tab indenting...) or have 1 line indented incorrectly (to far in or not far enough to match the expected logic), it breaks the whole game and it won't even start. You'll just get an error code when you try to start the game. The best thing to do is manual editing. Otherwise you'll just end up with hundreds to thousands of broken lines of code anyway.

The worst thing is when you don't get the error code at the start. But instead you get it on a playthrough and you have to figure out how you fked up the code because the game is now crashing in the middle of a scene.

Speaking from experience editing and debugging lines of code can be extremely time consuming. Add the fact that he's writing the story himself, and doing all the renders himself...

Coding, Writing, and Rendering are each full time jobs objectively. Just putting things into perspective.
We aren't talking about coding, rendering etc... we are talking about spelling and such (his words)... Are you telling me that it's complicated to input (paste) line of text (speech) into renpy code? Coz if it's not, then there's no excuse, you can translate tons of text, check for weird spaces per line (easily done) and then use each line in the code.
I'm not gonna pretend I know about programming, but I'm fairly certain that one "screen" line of speech is put into the code as one whole "sentence" (text), so that means as long as you dont mess up the code it self and don't have weird spaces, it should be just spelling and such, which really shouldn't take 3 days, even with work... I mean, we can test that easily, give me some text in Serbian (since it's my language) and let's see how many hours it takes me to translate it and spellcheck it.

Mstr Sinner

Dec 28, 2023
Are you telling me that it's complicated to input (paste) line of text (speech) into renpy code?
Yes. That's why in most cases people spell check manually.
The alternative is Copy/Pasting 1 line at a time into something with a spell checker. Even after that you have to make sure no weird spaces sneak their way into the line.

It's entirely doable. But incredibly tedious. Especially when it's a game like this with what I'm guessing is over 20,000 lines of code?

Notice (Check Attached Image - BBSTest3. Because copy/paste in f95 doesn't even display properly ROFL) I did a Copy/Paste without editing anything and the first "pause" is still indented wrong. This type of thing happens more often than not when you copy/paste with Ren'Py code. It should be lined up with the first "play sound"

Also note that the character speech is baked directly into the code. And the indentation has to be perfectly aligned or it breaks the game.

I also included screenshots of what happens with game code if I add a few spaces to that first pause and move it out of alignment.

Also note that's line number 4,166. And this is the Demo version... Demo has close to 10,000 lines of code already. I'm guessing the full release will be more than double that.

Last edited:

darksorrow

Jul 24, 2017
Yes. That's why in most cases people spell check manually.
The alternative is Copy/Pasting 1 line at a time into something with a spell checker. Even after that you have to make sure no wired spaces sneak their way into the line.

It's entirely doable. But incredibly tedious. Especially when it's a game like this with what I'm guessing is over 20,000 lines of code?

Notice (Check Attached Image - BBSTest3. Because copy/paste in f95 doesn't even display properly ROFL) I did a Copy/Paste without editing anything and the first "pause" is still indented wrong. This type of thing happens more often than not when you copy/paste with Ren'Py code. It should be lined up with the first "play sound"

Also note that the character speech is baked directly into the code. And the indentation has to be perfectly aligned or it breaks the game.

I also included screenshots of what happens with game code if I add a few spaces to that first pause and move it out of alignment.

Also note that's line number 4,166. And this is the Demo version... Demo has close to 10,000 lines of code already. I'm guessing the full release will be more than double that.
This is more or less what I expected to see, and I completely accept what you are saying. But, when someone says "translating", it can only mean translation of a regular speech text, like this line:
b "{color=#fef65b}(I need to hurry before she turns around.)"

Now, call me crazy, but I'm quite positive that it's very simple to mass-translate such text these days, and also to paste it into code without any issues as long as you pay even the slightest attention to what you are doing... So when he says he is "translating" for 3 days, I really dont know what is it that he is doing for so long lol

P.S. just curious, what does this part "with Dissolve(0.5)" do exactly? Why does it always repeat even with same value? Something like image-to-image "switch" timer?

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
P.S. just curious, what does this part "with Dissolve(0.5)" do exactly? Why does it always repeat even with same value? Something like image-to-image "switch" timer?
Not a RenPy/Python coder, but I'd say it's the dissolve-transition between images, which takes 0.5 seconds, which you should be able to skip via a setting in the default options of any renpy games.

Reactions: darksorrow
3.10 star(s) 98 Votes