tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Enfim

# Patreon is a way to support the arts. No art, no support. Still nothing...? Damn... I tried. :ROFLMAO:
Think of patreon as a tip jar. Nothing more. People have no obligation to donate and no right to expect anything. And if those people have a problem with that they can simply stop. You shouldn't complain about Rainces getting support because you lose nothing and you potentially gain more content to enjoy at a later date. It's just counter productive to complain about that.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Think of patreon as a tip jar. Nothing more. People have no obligation to donate and no right to expect anything. And if those people have a problem with that they can simply stop. You shouldn't complain about Rainces getting support because you lose nothing and you potentially gain more content to enjoy at a later date. It's just counter productive to complain about that.
Não é o que pensas, é o que é...

# Patreon is no tip jar.
It's a platform that gathers patrons and artists. No charity involved. It's a clear transaction (packs/tiers).

There are 2 kinds of supporters:
* the ones who support no matter what (milking, lying, ghosting,...), aka the sheep.
* the ones that stop supporting as soon as they lose trust on the artist, aka any normal guy.

Result:
Because of people like you there's no real penalty/reward system in action. The money keeps pouring in no matter what. Result? 7yrs of dragging. There's no real incentive to work. Both zip and RA are still working on events created in 2017...

Quit?
If no money, they'd quit? Again, if there was a clear penalty / reward system...

Active income:
Although used by many as passive income (milking), it's in fact active income: continuous payments for continuous work. In passive income you create something once (videos, apps, blog posts,...) that, hands off, will generate revenue through adds. But that's not the deal here...

Last edited:

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Não é o que pensas, é o que é...

# Patreon is no tip jar.
It's a platform that gathers patrons and artists. No charity involved. It's a clear transaction (packs/tiers).

There are 2 kinds of supporters:
* the ones who support no matter what (milking, lying, ghosting,...), aka the sheep.
* the ones that stop supporting as soon as they lose trust on the artist, aka any normal guy.

Result:
Because of people like you there's no real penalty/reward system in action. The money keeps pouring in no matter what. Result? 7yrs of dragging. There's no real incentive to work. Both zip and RA are still working on events created in 2017...

Quit?
If no money, they'd quit? Again, if there was a clear penalty / reward system...

Active income:
Although used by many as passive income (milking), it's in fact active income: continuous payments for continuous work. In passive income you create something once (videos, apps, blog posts,...) that, hands off, will generate revenue through adds. But that's not the deal here...
You just seem to not think clearly and instead want to throw the word milking around and complain. The reason there is no penalty for not being active on patreon is that it's designed as a tip jar. It's not a real job. People support their favorite creators and hope to receive more updates. It's really that simple. There is nothing more to it. That's why it's quite frankly stupid to complain about people supporting rainces. You lose NOTHING and gain a chance to receive more content. It's a great website and idea. Jobs have deadlines and require employees to be flexible and participate in group activities. Creators rely on patreon to not have to do that and the only thing they risk is their financial security. Until you understand that you will be doomed to come here from time to time and bitch and moan while making 0 sense.

Last edited:

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
You just seem to not think clearly and instead want to throw the word milking around and complain. The reason there is no penalty for not being active on patreon is that it's designed as a tip jar. It's not a real job. People support their favorite creators and hope to receive more updates. It's really that simple. There is nothing more to it. That's why it's quite frankly stupid to complain about people supporting rainces. You lose NOTHING and gain a chance to receive more content. It's a great website and idea. Jobs have deadlines and require employees to be flexible and participate in group activities. Creators rely on patreon to not have to do that and the only thing they risk is their financial security. Until you understand that you will be doomed to come here from time to time and bitch and moan while making 0 sense.
É um passatempo.

# Tip jars have no product/service offers, price tags or automated invoices (subscriptions). I never mentioned job, but work (input).

You have fun your way (tipping, being compliant with milking, bending over, what ever you want to call it).
I have my way (bashing these little scammers and a few sheep, just for fun, whenever I'm in the mood to do so). At least I spare money and ointment...

Unfortunately at the end of the day we do in fact lose something - what could be an awesome game or the opportunity for someone else to step forward.

( One last thing, try reading Patreon origin story... made for musicians who found it hard to get gigs )

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
É um passatempo.

# Tip jars have no promises, price tags or automated invoices (subscriptions). I never mentioned job, but work (input).

You have fun your way (tipping, being compliant with milking, bending over, what ever you want to call it).
I have my way (bashing these little scammers and a few sheep, just for fun, whenever I'm in the mood to do so). At least I spare money and ointment...

Unfortunately at the end of the day we do in fact lose something - what could be an awesome game or the opportunity for someone else to step forward.

( One last thing, try reading Patreon origin story... - made for musician who found it hard to get gigs )
'Work' has no meaning. You either have a job or make money through other means. Patreon, onlyfans etc is all 'other means'. The only thing you are bashing is your head against a wall because you have some metal problems and you lack common sense. Patreon is not a job so stop treating it like one and stop bitching about people supporting their favorite creators because without those people this site would have only a fraction of it's current games. You lose nothing and gain a chance of receiving more content. Patreon is a great website.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
'Work' has no meaning. You either have a job or make money through other means. Patreon, onlyfans etc is all 'other means'. The only thing you are bashing is your head against a wall because you have some metal problems and you lack common sense. Patreon is not a job so stop treating it like one and stop bitching about people supporting their favorite creators because without those people this site would have only a fraction of it's current games. You lose nothing and gain a chance of receiving more content. Patreon is a great website.
Pareces um penedo...

# Work has no meaning? What?! Scientists, Sociologists, Economists are all wrong but you.

There's only a job or other means? What?! Tell that to IRS

Stop bitching about our beloved dev that creates nothing? Why... :ROFLMAO:

I lose nothing and get (chance of) content..? What?! Is this the lottery...? So... No content then...

Patreon is a great website...? Yes it is (finally something sane) but for those who want to devote their time doing the art they and their fans love, not belly scratching.

Oh man, you're the best. That was a good laugh :ROFLMAO: Have fun. I'm out. (Enough of this sh*t :ROFLMAO:)

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Pareces um penedo...

# Work has no meaning? What?! Scientists, Sociologists, Politicians are all wrong but you.

There's only a job or other means? What?! Tell that to IRS

Stop bitching about our beloved dev that creates nothing? Why... :ROFLMAO:

I lose nothing and get (chance of) content..? What?! Is this the lottery...? So... No content then...

Patreon is a great website...? Yes it is (finally something sane) but for those who want to devote their time doing the art they and their fans love, not belly scratching.

Oh man, you're the best. That was a good laugh :ROFLMAO: Have fun. I'm out. (Enough of this sh*t :ROFLMAO:)
The way you tried to use 'work' has no meaning. You are not smart enough to realize that you are comparing patreon to having a job and expecting creators to act as if they do have job. Patreon is NOT a job and complaining about people supporting creators like Rainces is moronic and counter productive. Stay out.

• Haha
Reactions: edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
You are wrong... Now you need to explain him what is art...
Endrominanço tb é arte....

# When you trick a bunch of suckers into paying you on a monthly basis for the mere possibility of some (if any) new content sometime in the (distant) future, that's art baby... And when you succeed to do it for 7yrs using those the same old tricks, you're definitely an artist. He deserves every penny :ROFLMAO:

(I do understand tarzan point of view. It's as valid as mine. We're both aware of some kind of misconduct from RA - and zip - but we have different approaches to it - bleating is not my cup of tea.

We both perceive Patreon as useful, but we disagree on how it should be put to use. Patreon couldn't care less as long as money keeps coming in so I'll keep blaming the sheep for this way too long stranding of the game)

Last edited:

ariloxi

Feb 10, 2017
When he published the last update in January, his earnings got multiplied by 5 (from 700$ to 3500$ or so). So I'll say he felt the punish/reward gears at full force.

About his income being completely in radio silence, well, maybe he didn't deserve it. But in this environment, compared to much lazier devs making much more money for much worse games, he is just a mild offender

Reactions: JayMI and edgaia

Galaktur

Aug 3, 2020
Endrominanço tb é arte....

# When you trick a bunch of suckers into paying you on a monthly basis for the mere possibility of some (if any) new content sometime in the (distant) future, that's art baby... And when you succeed to do it for 7yrs using those the same old tricks, you're definitely an artist. He deserves every penny :ROFLMAO:

(I do understand tarzan point of view. It's as valid as mine. We're both aware of some kind of misconduct from RA - and zip - but we have different approaches to it - bleating is not my cup of tea.

We both perceive Patreon as useful, but we disagree on how it should be put to use. Patreon couldn't care less as long as money keeps coming in so I'll keep blaming the sheep for this way too long stranding of the game)
A sucker is a lucky ticket)))

• Haha
Reactions: edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
When he published the last update in January, his earnings got multiplied by 5 (from 700$ to 3500$ or so). So I'll say he felt the punish/reward gears at full force.

About his income being completely in radio silence, well, maybe he didn't deserve it. But in this environment, compared to much lazier devs making much more money for much worse games, he is just a mild offender
Sim mas...

# "he felt the punish/reward gears at full force "- yes he did (only the reward part but yeah). So if he ghosts and scratches his belly, he gets $700. If he works really hard he gets $3500+. Guess how he spends most of his free time and why... For some people $700 is still totally worth it.

I'll be honest. Both v1.0 and v1.1 updates were great and required a huge effort from RA. Only if he did it on a regular basis (annually?) and the game would be long finished. The procedure to calm down the critics is quite simple: show progress from time to time (steadily), announce release date when almost ready, release it on time/as promised, repeat.

"maybe he didn't deserve it (...) he is just a mild offender " - two wrongs make a right?! I only care about this game, he's an offender, I'll be vocal about it. (other devs are other people's problem)

Last edited:

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Sim mas...

# "he felt the punish/reward gears at full force "- yes he did (only the reward part but yeah). So if he ghosts and scratches his belly, he gets $700. If he works really hard he gets $3500+. Guess how he spends most of his free time and why... For some people $700 is still totally worth it.

I'll be honest. Both v1.0 and v1.1 updates were great and required a huge effort from RA. Only if he did it on a regular basis (annually?) and the game would be long finished. The procedure to calm down the critics is quite simple: show progress from time to time (steadily), announce release date when almost ready, release it on time/as promised, repeat.

"maybe he didn't deserve it (...) he is just a mild offender " - two wrongs make a right?! I only care about this game, he's an offender, I'll be vocal about it. (other devs are other people's problem)
Again your problem is that you view patreon as if it is a regular job in which the employer is not punishing his employee for being too slow, but PATREON IS NOT A JOB. Creators using patreon don't want a job. They want to sit at home and make money. This is why supporters subscribe to them. To motivate them to continue work because a dev earning 1k per month is a lot more likely to release a new update than a dev making 20 bucks. You are truly a dim person.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Again your problem is that you view patreon as if it is a regular job in which the employer is not punishing his employee for being too slow, but PATREON IS NOT A JOB. Creators using patreon don't want a job. They want to sit at home and make money. This is why supporters subscribe to them. To motivate them to continue work because a dev earning 1k per month is a lot more likely to release a new update than a dev making 20 bucks. You are truly a dim person.
Tens falta de percebas...

# Again I never mentioned "job", you did. And all your little argument is based on that.

I said:

- great effort/work: great money
- no work: no money

Just that. That motivates work. Free money has the opposite effect - "They want to sit at home and make money". Your words. And when it's free, why bother...

(I never set a pace or a timetable. He can take a break or a long vacation. I don't care. Dev is free to manage his time but his income should reflect it - effective penalty/reward system. I point out that with the right stimulus he could do it annually having it finished by now, in opposition to this eternal dragging). But this little feud of ours ended a while ago. Enough of that bs. Go play outside...

Last edited:

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Tens falta de percebas...

# Again I never mentioned "job", you did. And all your little argument is based on that.

I said:

- great effort/work: great money
- no work: no money

Just that. That motivates work. Free money has the opposite effect - "They want to sit at home and make money". Your words. And when it's free, why bother...

(I never set a pace or a timetable. He can take a break or a long vacation. I don't care. Dev is free to manage his time but his income should reflect it - effective penalty/reward system. I point out that with the right stimulus he could do it annually having it finished by now, in opposition to this eternal dragging). But our little debate is through already. Go play outside...
Real life doesn't work that way. You are being basically a troll right now arguing about how life 'should be'. Just stop because no one cares about your head canon.

Chaosguy

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2022
Sim mas...

If my memory services me correct, the last update, Rainces didn't even do that one. Someone else did and the bastard took the credit and money for the hard work of that individual.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Real life doesn't work that way. You are being basically a troll right now arguing about how life 'should be'. Just stop because no one cares about your head canon.
E isso é?

# Spoiler alert: bending over is not the real life for most of us. But how would you know...

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
If my memory services me correct, the last update, Rainces didn't even do that one. Someone else did and the bastard took the credit and money for the hard work of that individual.
Fantastico...

# Beautiful... :ROFLMAO:

(Are you referring to OGrey? I don't think their endeavour together lasted that long)

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 98 Votes