Ren'Py Abandoned Bad Days [v0.3] [Paloma Studios]

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

chocfrost420

Apr 12, 2020
Here's my WT & Gallery Unlocker Mod for Bad Days v0.1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Workupload
While parsing C:\Users\carlf\Dropbox\PC\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Bad-Days-0.2-pc\Bad-Days-0.2-pc/game/script.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/tl/English/common.rpy', 1627069993, 752) is defined twice, at game/tl/English/common.rpy:3 and tl/english/common.rpyc:3.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/tl/English/common.rpy', 1627069993, 752) is defined twice, at game/tl/English/common.rpy:3 and tl/english/common.rpyc:3.

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Bad Days 0.2 Oficial 0.2
Thu Dec 16 23:14:21 2021

Got this error

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Recently i decided to until v.04 is out before trying any new game.
Doing that i hope to avoid most of the:
surprise tags,
early abandonments (majority of games are abandoned before v.04),
eternal ONHOLD tags,
broken saves,
changes in the story,
and since most of games have updates without much content (or that takes too long to be updated), i can play when there is a good amount of it.
The only exception to this list will be games from well-know and trustable Devs.
You can rest easy because this game won't have ntr, sharing or swinging. (y)
It will be pure harem.

Sounds good. Still going to pass due to sandbox. I only play 1 sandbox game and that's Come Home. I wish the dev well.
This one has also easy sandbox and not the annoying sandboxes you see in other games so maybe give it a go, the girls are pretty good.
He only needs some editor to fix the grammar but this has potential.

Last edited:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Seems some of the content is locked behind a patreon code unless you know or have the code.

Scenes like this should be redone as it looks like they are in space or something.

When you go to Sofia's place MC's name tag is missing a [ so it's broken when she's says the MC's name but is easy to fix in the script if you know how.

Incest tag can now be added to the tags.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Recently i decided to until v.04 is out before trying any new game.
Doing that i hope to avoid most of the:
surprise tags,
early abandonments (majority of games are abandoned before v.04),
eternal ONHOLD tags,
broken saves,
changes in the story,
and since most of games have updates without much content (or that takes too long to be updated), i can play when there is a good amount of it.
The only exception to this list will be games from well-know and trustable Devs.
That seems fair to me.

Reactions: Before I Forget

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Once you find an NTR free game, then it's ruined with a sandbox. I don’t think I’ll touch on this until this is updated 10. Too many come against empty sandboxes and million-click games where you don’t know what to do and at what time and where.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Gotta say, the sandbox tag also makes me want to say no thanks...also, pure harem games get really boring after a while too. At least throw in a cheating wife or stealing an asshole's hot girlfriend.

kyonsos

May 28, 2018
While parsing C:\Users\carlf\Dropbox\PC\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Bad-Days-0.2-pc\Bad-Days-0.2-pc/game/script.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Bad Days 0.2 Oficial 0.2
Thu Dec 16 23:14:21 2021

Got this error
thats the OLD mod it does not, cannot work with a NEW version of the game

Reactions: SGoat

Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
Little more clue on the relationship of the characters. Like who the heck are they in general.
Give us more than the default states as that really doesn't give us an idea of how they treat us back.

Also Volume. Please adjust your sound/music files to be at least half the volume and not be full straight away. I didn't realise how loud the sound was until the phone started ringing, now my ears are...

Last edited:

burrito107

May 20, 2018
Got an error in 0.2 (without the mod) due to a missing/misnamed audio file:

Code:
Full traceback:
  File "tl/english/events.rpyc", line 3913, in script
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 716, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/character.py", line 1223, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/character.py", line 875, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/character.py", line 621, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3979, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1138, in periodic
    raise_(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1116, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/audio/audio.py", line 1058, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/audio/audio.py", line 512, in periodic
    topf = load(filename)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/audio/audio.py", line 69, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "/media/sf_shared/Download/games/Bad-Days-0.2-pc/renpy/loader.py", line 798, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'audio/sonidomoto.mp3'.

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'audio/sonidomoto.mp3'.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
sooo...

who is who in this game?

roommate ...childhood friend ... confusing
to label someone without a proper introduction is bulls...

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Paloma Studio :

Found an error, seems strange because I started a whole new game on a fresh install... Undefined variable "SofiaPoints", but it's defined in "script.rpy"... It seems to be related to simply have copied my old saves to the new version - BTW, the old saves crash the game, that's why I restarted it, but it clearly leaves something rotten somewhere.

That's the second time I need to unpack the whole RPA and decompile the RPYC to play: first time to apply properly the mod because of translations, second time to be able to play...

There is also the missing "[" in translation file, for "start_40994a31".
Some Spanish punctuation are still displayed in English version, too ("¡" and "¿"), in particular a "¿?" and a "¡!" in Bathroom's scene (found a LOT of these, way over 20).
In bathroom, seeing MC saying "Besides, we're Sister, so there's no problem, right?" is a bit funny - it's always annoying to see that devs don't take care of capitalization with custom names, but clearly that's not the real point here. You should rephrase that. Chloe is also called "he" at a time - I hope it's not a clue for a future "Futa/trans" tag... ;)
Definitively, you should find a proofreader for the english version...

More tests are needed before releasing. Also, it would be nice to remember language settings, it's annoying to (re)select "English" each time we restart the game.

Also, there is some meaningless choices (like the one regarding the exam): NO consequences, there is nothing done for both choices - why was it necessary to add this, if only Amy's answer is different with any other possible impact, not even a graphical one?
There is also a strange (cultural) choice, I think... Being French myself, I don't see any problem to greet people I know with kisses on the cheek - on the other side, a "USA hug" bothers me a lot. I'm think that most US/UK people wouldn't think that it's a natural thing to do, even more when it's not done with other characters.

Otherwise, I like the models - male ones are quite ugly, as usual, but I'm quite sure that my own heterosexuality is somewhat involved in this remark. Female ones are fine.

Reactions: Paloma Studio

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I don't like the sandbox either, but it's not difficult or annoying like in other games. The little content that currently exists is very good
I don't mind sandbox, but when it REQUIRES either a mod or a walkthrough to be able to progress, then it's a shitty one. I stopped to play "Peasants Quest" and several others for this exact reason.
When the sandbox is "quest driven", I often find this quite funny to play, but one (near) constant and annoying thing is to be forced to wait "for nothing", skipping time to get progression because it happens only at certain days/time. Here, I got this to get all Chloe's night scenes: can only do one per night, there is three, so three days JUST to skip to night.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes