Ren'Py Abandoned Bad Days [v0.3] [Paloma Studios]

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
But some lamers here WILL complain about my "engrish". I'm sure that there is native speakers with free time, but knowing my own temper, it won't be pretty if I get some acid remarks about the translations.

Also, even if the text is already translated in English, or even machine-translated, the best translations are when you do what we call a "version" in French (didn't found an english equivalent word), meaning translating from a foreign language (that you obviously know well...) to your NATIVE language. The opposite is called a "thème" (from native language to foreign language).
So, here, you need a native English speaker with a very good level of Spanish, including obviously common lewd/slang terms.

But I'm not qualified here, since I wouldn't even be able to check translation's accuracy against the Spanish sentence - and machine translation are... let's say "perfectible"?

You didn't understood what I meant.

Do beta-testing implies also to help the dev to reproduce and to correct errors, otherwise it's useless. With scripted languages, it often implies to parse the source code (".rpy" files here) in order to get an usable error report. If possible, it also means to directly correct the error and submit a source patch with the error report. Being for a game system, it would probably requires also to install Ren'Py, and have an access to project's files - i.e. a developper view, not only an executable view.

Because the main source files are with Spanish inside (and because I don't speak Spanish at all!!), it's an awfull mess to find the correct code line within the sources. I need to search an English string, then find the original Spanish text, and search it again. That's why it's better to always do a localized program FIRST in English (most computer languages are in English anyway), THEN to localize it to other languages. Because "de-localizing" a program is just a giant mess - that's why some spanish signs are still present in English translation. It also helps a lot with character encoding for source files, when UTF-8 isn't the norm.

So, even if it's "only" a matter of cutting/pasting text without changing the actual code, it would be better to have a game coded for English, THEN translated in Spanish, in order to have more people to be able to help for it. Because the main source files could then be parsed by more people.

Is it a bit more clear with this added explanation?
I do understand you, what I did mean before is that at this point any help to edit the text a bit would help a lot even if it's coming from non-native English.
But Yeah, I do agree it will be far better for a Spanish-English fluent.

Reactions: Wisblade

Toksicz

Aug 21, 2019
I really love the girl models. They are so hot but oof, the dialogues, they are pretty bad. I hope there is a way you can sort it out.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes