Ren'Py Abandoned Bad Days [v0.3] [Paloma Studios]

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Beta-tester, that's a possibility - being a computer engineer in industry myself, I know how to do that perfectly. The major problem, for me, is that I don't speak a word of Spanish - excepted something used for international diplomacy that starts with "filho de ....", but I'm quite sure that it won't be useful here - and therefore it's simply awfully annoying for me to search the source code to find the involved lines, because it's coded in Spanish and not in English. It could be done if the main language was English - and Spanish being the translation.

But grammar editor? Dude, I'm French... You'll get a bunch of gallicisms, and way too much "s" and "ed" added (or removed) where they shouldn't (or should) be... :devilish: You don't want that. You need a native speaker, if possible a highly educated one, to properly proofreading a text, even for a lewd game.
Prepare a French translation, then I can do it, but I won't be a good choice for any other language.
baka! filho de puta is portugese! go play max payne!!

also it should be presenting the english instead of the spanish but it doesn't appear it even notices the tl files. also just for curiousity i checked by clicking spanish, still in spanish. the only english i ever see if the initial message after you click english. then it's all spanish, gotta be a config error or something, never had this happen with other languages including other games using spanish that had an english tl.

Reactions: Wisblade

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
How can the protagonist not like the economy? If it is wonderful xD.
The professors are surely Keynesians.
uhm are you sure you live on planet earth?? we're heading towards a huge economic crash, how is this good?? go read some books about the great depression. it was not wonderful or even good, it was horrible. btw the great depression wasn't just the usa, it was the entire world. it happens every 100 yrs or so. tho some ppl yell no it doesn't but it does, the practice of throwing bandaids onto a gaping wound needs to stop, it doesn't stop the bleeding at all. all they ever do is build another bubble that eventually will pop.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
uhm are you sure you live on planet earth?? we're heading towards a huge economic crash, how is this good?? go read some books about the great depression. it was not wonderful or even good, it was horrible. btw the great depression wasn't just the usa, it was the entire world. it happens every 100 yrs or so. tho some ppl yell no it doesn't but it does, the practice of throwing bandaids onto a gaping wound needs to stop, it doesn't stop the bleeding at all. all they ever do is build another bubble that eventually will pop.
So shall we appease the economic and offer it up a sacrifice? :p

• Haha
Reactions: Wisblade

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
baka! filho de puta is portugese! go play max payne!!
Yeah, right, it's "hijo" and not "filho"... Pronounced quite the same, that's why I confused the two.
When I said that I don't speak Spanish at all, do you believe me, now? :devilish:;)

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, right, it's "hijo" and not "filho"... Pronounced quite the same, that's why I confused the two.
When I said that I don't speak Spanish at all, do you believe me, now? :devilish:;)
haha i only know que hora es and mi llamo es tsunku oh and donde esta bibliotecha.. the portugese i heard constantly in max payne like every few seconds someone was yelling filho de puta

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
So shall we appease the economic and offer it up a sacrifice? :p
nope. that's nonsense, the world economic system must be remade from scratch, outstanding debts thrown out and forgotten. not like italy, spain, portugal, greece, france will ever be able to pay it back.
but there are too many ppl that even saying such a thing drives them completely insane, they even scream it's communism and other nonsense cuz they stand to lose all their wealth and have to build it back up under a new system.
another thing to make them go completely insane is to talk about a national stipend. haha, you'd expect government types to object the most but oddly it's rich asshats who object as well as even think about killing whoever talks about it. but why? it doesn't affect their personal wealth at all. it just means no more poor ppl, no more starving, no more homeless(not counting the insane ones), and if the ppl want more than just their monthly amount to buy luxuries, they can work a job and get more money.
crime would go down even further excluding crimes like drugs, serial murders, serial rapes, the latter two will never change or stop until someone stops them. drugs well free the weed!! haha but yea screw shit like heroin, mdma, meth, cocaine, just worthless poisons.....
oh and outlaw class and/or caste systems worldwide. under penalty of death..

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The repeated "asking" for supporters has killed any chance I was willing to give this one. It's blatantly obvious where this devs priorities lie. I don't need a constant reminder that I am in fact playing their game. I guess this dev isn't big on immersion.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I found the "my story will be continued later" element kind of cute and amusing. It is something new, that I have never seen in a game before. And I have seen worse - for example regularly repeating reminders that let the game crash in a certain game from Inceton...;)

Reactions: Before I Forget

TheTrumanShow

Apr 14, 2021
A friend with a drug addict? He almost got MC killed... well technically he did if you made the wrong choice. I hope his friend doesn't become a problem where we constantly have to safe him.

Reactions: Before I Forget

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I found the "my story will be continued later" element kind of cute and amusing. It is something new, that I have never seen in a game before. And I have seen worse - for example regularly repeating reminders that let the game crash in a certain game from Inceton...;)
Yeah I liked it too.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes