madmit

Jun 4, 2017
Saves from the 0.7 are still broken, same exception

Code:
  File "game/07_ex_scripts/u_Trans.rpy", line 961, in script
Exception: Could not find return label (u'F:\\World\\Serge\\RenPy\\GF/game/07_ex_scripts/u_Trans.rpy', 1554029399, 595).
so, doesn't bother to download until you want to run it all over again.
Potentially nice idea, but poor programming, game design and management as usual.

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Seeing this game for the first time. Seeing two part download almost stopped me from trying but I downloaded Part 1 to try anyway.

So now I've started the game and... I still haven't started playing... the music on the menu is so good I can't stop listening! Why oh why have I never listened to this game before??
Ok it just ended but restarting now, I'll hang there for a while I think :) *claps hands to the beat*

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
This is what I get, nothing opens.

View attachment 397992
So it doesn't work to drag and drop that "BadManners" application to your applications folder to install it?
You could always use this method to play Ren'Py games that has a non-working, missing old old Mac version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feb 23, 2019
So it doesn't work to drag and drop that "BadManners" application to your applications folder to install it?
You could always use this method to play Ren'Py games that has a non-working, missing old old Mac version:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When downloading the file, it does not complete. Look at how small the file is for me. Multiple people have the same issue.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
When downloading the file, it does not complete. Look at how small the file is for me. Multiple people have the same issue.
Your screenshot doesn't show how big your .zip file is. The .zip file is supposed to be 557,6MiB. The larger files inside the .zip file is in the "game" folder, which you're not showing on the screenshot
1568212135176.png

If you're not able to download the whole file, then there must be something wrong on your side. I've tested both the nopy and mega mirror, and both are giving me the complete .zip file. Did you try either of my two suggestions? I have successfully run the game through the Ren'Py 6.99.10 launcher on Linux, so you should be able to do it on Mac too.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I am really bad with computers but there is no zip file. The screenshot shows everything that was dowloaded.
What you showed on your screenshot is the contents of the .zip file that you downloaded. Left click the top file called BadManners, hold left click, then drag that file over to your applications folder. From what I understand about Mac (which is very little) it should install the game then.

The guide I posted should be more or less a step-by-step guide on how to use the Ren'Py launcher to play games. If you can't figure out how to use it, then I suspect you might not want to play this game enough to bother trying.

Reactions: Dontof

Shingokuu

Sep 5, 2017
I get either endings (go with Dorothy) or tbc (go with Martha), what am I doing wrong to get to the new content?
i am getting the same thing. i choose either to go w/martha or wait for dorothy and getting the tbc text. where is the new content? or is all of the new content before those 2 choices. any help will be greatly appreciated.

luka19200

Jan 2, 2018
What you showed on your screenshot is the contents of the .zip file that you downloaded. Left click the top file called BadManners, hold left click, then drag that file over to your applications folder. From what I understand about Mac (which is very little) it should install the game then.

The guide I posted should be more or less a step-by-step guide on how to use the Ren'Py launcher to play games. If you can't figure out how to use it, then I suspect you might not want to play this game enough to bother trying.
Dragging the .app file into the Applications folder won't "install" anything, you're just moving it to a different folder. If the .app file doesn't work from anywhere, it will never work without modifying the .app contents (a .app "file" is essentially just a specialized folder on the Mac, it's not even an executable - the executable is inside the .app folder itself, where all the other ren'py files should be).

I'm really curious how the one person who claims this "works fine" for them has been able to get the .app file to actually work, because it's essentially empty and does nothing. They would either have needed to modify it in some way or they are just trolling (or they have some really specifically weird settings which override where a .app looks for its support files, or are using the Ren'Py launcher as you mention).

That said, you CAN get the app to launch by opening a Terminal window and dragging the BadManners.sh file into the terminal and hitting Enter. That should launch the game.

Took a search to figure out how to switch the UI to english (thanks apostatefarm):
Took me a minute to figure out, but if you click the little english flag bubble on the top right of the screen it switches to english

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
I'm really curious how the one person who claims this "works fine" for them has been able to get the .app file to actually work, because it's essentially empty and does nothing. They would either have needed to modify it in some way or they are just trolling (or they have some really specifically weird settings which override where a .app looks for its support files, or are using the Ren'Py launcher as you mention).
I do claim it works for me, I am neither troll nor geek with special settings. it is true that normally the .app files on a Mac contain the entire game, but it works like charm for me at least anyone else?

luka19200

Jan 2, 2018
I do claim it works for me, I am neither troll nor geek with special settings. it is true that normally the .app files on a Mac contain the entire game, but it works like charm for me at least anyone else?
It's just strange, because everything I know about how .app files should work tell me that the current setup *shouldn't* work. What version of the OS are you running, if you don't mind me asking? I wonder if it's a bizarro new way of doing things (I haven't looked at anything to do with Mac OS development in several years now).

3.20 star(s) 33 Votes