May 26, 2018
He started work on this update in February.

He had a video card fail, under warranty and got an RMA for it... manufacturer said "yup, it broke" and gave him his money back instead of a replacement card. You may have noticed almost any card worth a shit for rendering is ridiculously expensive right now, pretty much since the end of last summer. The money returned for a regularly priced RTX 20 series card isn't going to buy you anything of real value in this market.

So he lost around half of his rendering power...

About being miffed that a free game is late. Miffed at what exactly? There are a shit ton of games on F95 to keep you busy.

When Rec gets it done, you can play it for the same price you paid for the last update. ;)

You don't think Rec is stressed about it not being done? I mean, he's a pretty level headed guy, but I can read it wearing on him. Pressing the up button repeatedly doesn't make the elevator get to your floor any faster.

Update? Update when? Abandoned? Lazy dev? It's been months... When's the date? Update soon? I'mma stop following this game! I can't believe there's no update yet...

View attachment 1191392
As stated earlier in a previous post, I conceded that point of needing a second game to avoid going burned out on the first.

stormtiger

Mar 22, 2020
Btw...
Thanks to everyone who wishlisted!
And just to mention it again the update is not done yet and not included in the steam release.
I do have added a little extra, also some technical stuff that was meant for the update, but: Is it worth to buy it just for that? No, definitely not! But if you want to buy it anyway, I won't stop you^^
Just bought this and can't wait for the update. I would support patrons if I had that much funds free every month. To me this is better, a one time cost for supporting a good story and not feeling like a thief for a copy before you release it publicly, as so many are.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm not worried about burnout. As a patron, he owes me.
and that's where you are wrong, you are paying to dev so he/she can make game but not from getting final product. if dev decides to quit making game then bad luck but you won't get refund.

and no, i'm not talking about rec just generally.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
and that's where you are wrong, you are paying to dev so he/she can make game but not from getting final product. if dev decides to quit making game then bad luck but you won't get refund.

and no, i'm not talking about rec just generally.
There are several devs here I support due to their engagement with the community as much as their work.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
He never mentioned consistency.

He started 2 games because once he's updated one he needs a break or he'll get burnt out and if that happens none of them would have been finished.

You have 2 choices, wait while updates happen or watch as he eventually abandons one when he gets burnt out.

It's not like he's going to change the way he does things.
And with two games the chances of burnout don't duplicate?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
And with two games the chances of burnout don't duplicate?
Look at it that way:
BM is my main project, where I put all my effort, try to make everything perfect and have specific plans, I can't simply say "nah today I feel like putting some of these, some of that and maybe a little bit of that" in the game, I have to follow a specific route, have to make specific scenes, etc. All of that while constantly waiting for the renders to finish rendering. It's tedious, its tiresome, and while it's still a game and story I like and want to finish, its draining me out, it restricts my creativity, especially at the end of an update I often feel like a zombi...

Now take WS. It's a game purposely made to include whatever the fuck comes up in my mind, it has a basic story, but it doesn't rely on it as much, so I can basically do what I want whenever I want. Theres no rendering time and while I still try to make good images, i simply don't have to take as much care about clipping or lighting or whatever.
It's really just a fun game to get my head free and boost creativity and yes, it helps a lot.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
is this the same version as steam: ?
Mostly yes, the steam version has a tiny little bit of extra content and all the fixes and technical stuff from the upcoming update, but nothing worth downloading if you have the version here.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Mostly yes, the steam version has a tiny little bit of extra content and all the fixes and technical stuff from the upcoming update, but nothing worth downloading if you have the version here.
I guess you can't use the same saves with the patreon version?

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Look at it that way:
BM is my main project, where I put all my effort, try to make everything perfect and have specific plans, I can't simply say "nah today I feel like putting some of these, some of that and maybe a little bit of that" in the game, I have to follow a specific route, have to make specific scenes, etc. All of that while constantly waiting for the renders to finish rendering. It's tedious, its tiresome, and while it's still a game and story I like and want to finish, its draining me out, it restricts my creativity, especially at the end of an update I often feel like a zombi...

Now take WS. It's a game purposely made to include whatever the fuck comes up in my mind, it has a basic story, but it doesn't rely on it as much, so I can basically do what I want whenever I want. Theres no rendering time and while I still try to make good images, i simply don't have to take as much care about clipping or lighting or whatever.
It's really just a fun game to get my head free and boost creativity and yes, it helps a lot.
Yeah, I tried to do a little joke but I failed miserably. Nothing to worry about, I will keep moving forward.

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes