MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Who wants to be normal. I'd rather be the centerpiece of a square pizza than Jim Belushi.

Incidentally, I'm also very excited about "Rachel's Story." We did get a glimpse into her past through the storyline, but I don't know right now: did we ever hear from her that she realized over time that she caused Ellie's problems by scaring away the MC? That while MC did tease Ellie occasionally, that was more within the sibling dynamic and MC never meant her any harm and less the father shining through?

Reactions: Master of Puppets

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
We did get a glimpse into her past through the storyline, but I don't know right now: did we ever hear from her that she realized over time that she caused Ellie's problems by scaring away the MC?
not atm.

Reactions: MrLKX

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
If Ellie "the firefly" is the normal one i shudder to see the ones that are deviants. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I've been thinking about this and I've come to the conclusion: perhaps the sanest, or at least the least nuts, are those who choose to say little to nothing.

Would be an interesting revelation for everyone else, of course, if it turned out that Ellie just decided not to say anything because her environment was too dorky for her, even after MC was back.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Updates go via external tool, like on on itch, they wouldn't be able to block that just for specific games^^

Steam or Itch are the only places where you'll get specific notifications, Patreon, or Subscribestar are the lesser eveil if you don't want to go through hundreds of posts. Here on f95 I currently don't know a way to filter out non-update posts.
Or you could click the watch button on this thread, and read/skim what gets posted as us normal people do.
There's always a way, send me a message when the update is done... ok, I'm kidding.

May 26, 2018
My update time hasn't really changed much since 0.3, that was the time when I realized that I won't be able to deliver the content and quality I like in one or two months, my first update was a mess, the second even worse and I simply didn't want to go on like that. Yes it's 6 months now, but realistically it's for two games, not one. If you think that's not consistent, then so be it, but in my opinion it is.
Sorry, but consistency is starting - then FINISHING - one game BEFORE starting a new one. Me personal opinion is when you try to do 2 (or more) games at the same time, both suffer. The length of time between decent - SIGNIFICANT - updates on this game is just ruining the immersion into the game. By the time this is updated, one will HAVE to restart the game all over again just to understand what the hell is going on.

This not only ruins the game for some, but tends to give others who have not tried the game a simple reason to never even bother to give it a chance. Secondly, you working on 2 games means your updates take even longer, thereby making it not worth even bothering to give it a chance.

For example: Personally, I am 60 years old, with extensive experience both in QC and game review. While I do not EXPECT to pass any time soon, I am tired of waiting 3 to 5 years before a game even comes CLOSE to finishing, so why bother with them. Even if they are FANTASTIC games, with good storyline, excellent renders, it never makes up for poor update consistency or decent updates over all.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Or you could click the watch button on this thread, and read/skim what gets posted as us normal people do.
If you're not interested in the discussion you can use the "ignore thread" function to curate another list. That's what I do. It's not without faults/problems but they don't clutter up my watch list that way.

You're all weird, Ellie is the only normal person here :whistle:
Are there even any normal people in your games? Maybe the coworker, whose name escapes me atm, but given your track record I'm withholding judgment until we know more about her.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Sorry, but consistency is starting - then FINISHING - one game BEFORE starting a new one. Me personal opinion is when you try to do 2 (or more) games at the same time, both suffer. The length of time between decent - SIGNIFICANT - updates on this game is just ruining the immersion into the game. By the time this is updated, one will HAVE to restart the game all over again just to understand what the hell is going on.
He never mentioned consistency.

He started 2 games because once he's updated one he needs a break or he'll get burnt out and if that happens none of them would have been finished.

You have 2 choices, wait while updates happen or watch as he eventually abandons one when he gets burnt out.

It's not like he's going to change the way he does things.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt here. I also know of at least one VN that suffered because the creator had two projects on the side, so I felt the VN lacked time for character development. Here I do not have this feeling so far and I'm happy to wait a bit here if the amount of fresh content fits and not as I had experienced it with others partly that what comes monthly, but the content is minimal or only for other routes. My personal sad highlight was that there was a bug in a VN that caused a crash that was only fixed after a month. I don't know how massive this bug was and if the creator was just possibly privately prevented from fixing it faster, but the bland aftertaste remains.

Reactions: recreation
May 26, 2018
He never mentioned consistency.

He started 2 games because once he's updated one he needs a break or he'll get burnt out and if that happens none of them would have been finished.

You have 2 choices, wait while updates happen or watch as he eventually abandons one when he gets burnt out.

It's not like he's going to change the way he does things.
Fair enough, and I do - for the most part - whole-heartedly agree with you. I am just a bit "miffed" at how long it is taking, so I may be - apparently - a bit unfair right now. Apologies if I am.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Fair enough, and I do - for the most part - whole-heartedly agree with you. I am just a bit "miffed" at how long it is taking, so I may be - apparently - a bit unfair right now. Apologies if I am.
it takes time cuz dev needs new graphic card and if you follow news about those at least a bit then you know that unless made order for that near year ago then won't be getting it anytime soon unless wants to pay small fortune on it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The timing isn't to do with 2 games, he had PC issues and his rendering was taking forever.

Graphic card blew or some such, I don't know hardware.

Reactions: afterlights

cbsx

May 4, 2020
He started work on this update in February.

He had a video card fail, under warranty and got an RMA for it... manufacturer said "yup, it broke" and gave him his money back instead of a replacement card. You may have noticed almost any card worth a shit for rendering is ridiculously expensive right now, pretty much since the end of last summer. The money returned for a regularly priced RTX 20 series card isn't going to buy you anything of real value in this market.

So he lost around half of his rendering power...
I am just a bit "miffed" at how long it is taking, so I may be - apparently - a bit unfair right now. Apologies if I am.
About being miffed that a free game is late. Miffed at what exactly? There are a shit ton of games on F95 to keep you busy.

When Rec gets it done, you can play it for the same price you paid for the last update. ;)

You don't think Rec is stressed about it not being done? I mean, he's a pretty level headed guy, but I can read it wearing on him. Pressing the up button repeatedly doesn't make the elevator get to your floor any faster.

Update? Update when? Abandoned? Lazy dev? It's been months... When's the date? Update soon? I'mma stop following this game! I can't believe there's no update yet...

F95964BE-F88B-4C5D-9F77-703DBF78D774.gif

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018

This not only ruins the game for some, but tends to give others who have not tried the game a simple reason to never even bother to give it a chance. Secondly, you working on 2 games means your updates take even longer, thereby making it not worth even bothering to give it a chance.

For example: Personally, I am 60 years old, with extensive experience both in QC and game review. While I do not EXPECT to pass any time soon, I am tired of waiting 3 to 5 years before a game even comes CLOSE to finishing, so why bother with them. Even if they are FANTASTIC games, with good storyline, excellent renders, it never makes up for poor update consistency or decent updates over all.
Look around and look at how many games get abandoned here and how many devs simply lose interest in making a certain game because its the same shit over and over and over for 10+ hours day in day out.

Its funny how people like you complain about that rec makes a different game to stay sane and to not lose interest, but hey i know there is nothing more important than YOUR immersion, the sanity of the person who makes the stuff you immerse yourself into doesn't matter.

Oh and before i forget it..if you hate to have to restart a game, then don't play games that are still in development for gods sake. :FacePalm:

May 26, 2018
Look around and look at how many games get abandoned here and how many devs simply lose interest in making a certain game because its the same shit over and over and over for 10+ hours day in day out.

Its funny how people like you complain about that rec makes a different game to stay sane and to not lose interest, but hey i know there is nothing more important than YOUR immersion, the sanity of the person who makes the stuff you immerse yourself into doesn't matter.

Oh and before i forget it..if you hate to have to restart a game, then don't play games that are still in development for gods sake. :FacePalm:
Had you read a previous reply, you would have seen I had already conceded that point and apologized. But it is all Good. :)

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes