recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey recreation how are the steam sales going? Better, worse, or about as you expected?
A little bit of everything, I had no real expectations^^
The good news is that it looks like I'll be able to buy a whole new computer next month :D

Thanks! I bought it anyways to support it!
To also show my support for Bad Memories. :) (y)
I was able to save some extra money and ended buying it together with the release of the ME:Legendary Edition today.
View attachment 1195387
Thanks guys :coffee:

OnY0ur6ix

Jan 21, 2020
Look at it that way:
BM is my main project, where I put all my effort, try to make everything perfect and have specific plans, I can't simply say "nah today I feel like putting some of these, some of that and maybe a little bit of that" in the game, I have to follow a specific route, have to make specific scenes, etc. All of that while constantly waiting for the renders to finish rendering. It's tedious, its tiresome, and while it's still a game and story I like and want to finish, its draining me out, it restricts my creativity, especially at the end of an update I often feel like a zombi...

Now take WS. It's a game purposely made to include whatever the fuck comes up in my mind, it has a basic story, but it doesn't rely on it as much, so I can basically do what I want whenever I want. Theres no rendering time and while I still try to make good images, i simply don't have to take as much care about clipping or lighting or whatever.
It's really just a fun game to get my head free and boost creativity and yes, it helps a lot.

So far one of my favorite games...can't wait for an update! :)

Reactions: recreation

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That really is the only way to do it right now. I had planned on building a computer pre-pandemic but saved my money for food and stuff instead. I wish I had built the system because the prices are just so outrageous on any card that is even slightly powerful.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
That really is the only way to do it right now. I had planned on building a computer pre-pandemic but saved my money for food and stuff instead. I wish I had built the system because the prices are just so outrageous on any card that is even slightly powerful.
Yeah my bet is that pre-built systems will get more expensive soon, too...

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Yeah my bet is that pre-built systems will get more expensive soon, too...

They will.

Because it's not only the GPU market which is affected with bad availability.

CPU, MB, Ram, SSD (one reason here: some "fancy" new crypto bullshit which uses fast an big data storage).
My SERVER distributor told me this week "buy what you can get, I have no idea when it will be available again"

AVM (Fritz Box) can't produce any new boxes, because they are lacking some elementary modules.

And this is not restricted to electronics.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nvidia is trying to curb cryptominers but how that works remains to be seen.

Reactions: ladc

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
nvidia is trying to curb cryptominers but how that works remains to be seen.
Ethereum miners are a problem, but not the reason.
Besides Ethereum is changing (end of the year) from Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake, see

The problem is the shortage of chips, simple to complex, doesn't matter.
Especially the big contract manufactures like TSMC and others don't deliver as expected.

Where this may come from ..... yeah ... don't ask me.

And, as said already:
It's not only the computer parts, it's everything.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
The chip supply issue is unlikely to change till the end of the year, the raw materials are in short supply, TSMC and other big producers are behind schedule and demand is higher than expected, not to mention the "drip feed" style of release is easy for scalpers to take advantage of. Esics should help the crypto situation but, surprise, surprise they also use TSMC chips, so don't expect an influx of mining gear to clear the shortage up or level the prices.

If we really want to do something about the prices the only thing we can do is stop buying, if no one excepts the prices they will come down, the only way to deal with a sellers market like this, however that is highly unlikely to happen.

As for prebuilt's, generally i'm in favour, however do be careful, not all 3060's 70's, 80's ect. are created equal, if like most devs, you're interested in rendering you won't be as interested in overclock capacity as you would be in cooling and many system builders don't specify the exact card you'll receive (hardly surprising with current availability).

The best thing we can do right now is hold our cards close to our chest and wait. I feel your pain, my 1060 6GB has been trucking on for a year longer than i intended but unless like Rec you're using the GPU as a tool for work and not having it is a potential loss of income i really advise every one to wait. Yes the system builders are slowly upping prices but since they get the parts nearer RRP than a consumer could hope to they are the lesser of the evils right now, how long that's going to hold up for i don't know.

Reactions: tk99

Ntrancer

Feb 28, 2021
Hi, does the choices have or will have an impact on the game. Or is it just bonus scenes when taking a choice ?
Pretty sure most of the evident ones are more a matter of who you end up with or if you go for a harem and thus are pretty, again, evident. Two others come to mind that denote a persistent difference though. One involving Jada, the little redhead's friend, addressing you differently and the other involves how Rachel, redhead's mom, pursues something i.e. is she more (possibly) assertive or does defer to the MC. The Rachel bit is also, arguably, new and not really evident until the end of the steam version. Then again both of those choices are kinda near the end of the current content. I think Jada's more midgame now but the Rachel one happens around day 8 or 9 and isn't visible til her part in day 10

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
check out Redux pcs they honestly have the best prices with low-end labor coast for building it.
Everything settled already, but thanks^^

Hi, does the choices have or will have an impact on the game. Or is it just bonus scenes when taking a choice ?
Pretty sure most of the evident ones are more a matter of who you end up with or if you go for a harem and thus are pretty, again, evident. Two others come to mind that denote a persistent difference though. One involving Jada, the little redhead's friend, addressing you differently and the other involves how Rachel, redhead's mom, pursues something i.e. is she more (possibly) assertive or does defer to the MC. The Rachel bit is also, arguably, new and not really evident until the end of the steam version. Then again both of those choices are kinda near the end of the current content. I think Jada's more midgame now but the Rachel one happens around day 8 or 9 and isn't visible til her part in day 10
Most of the minor choices have an impact on how the characters will interact with you in the future, this is mainly to fit the players preferences. Rachel is currently the one where it's most noticable in the late game.
Some choices, change the outcome of specific scenes and can impact several scenes in the game (not just the one following the decision), most noticable example here is Jada, if you don't bring her home (or generally avoid her) you'll miss a lot of content, not only with her. These choices are usually quite evident.
Very few choices end a relationship, they're usually quite obvious as well, some are spread over several choices (Kat for example), but they're still quite obvious if you follow the story.

Reactions: lar636 and twiztid

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Ethereum miners are a problem, but not the reason.
Besides Ethereum is changing (end of the year) from Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake, see

The problem is the shortage of chips, simple to complex, doesn't matter.
Especially the big contract manufactures like TSMC and others don't deliver as expected.

Where this may come from ..... yeah ... don't ask me.

And, as said already:
It's not only the computer parts, it's everything.
i know that. still miners keep prices up since they hoard top end cards so sellers won't lower prices even if they could since they get big money anyways.

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes