recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Version 0.7.1 using the fix files (both that already came with this version or the ones on the OP) but still getting errors with the 'lookatkat' menu. Anything else I should do to make it work?

Also had to enable dev menu and manually set the 'followedt' variable to True to get the full convo in the car on the way to Kat's house.

EDIT: I tried manually setting the variable 'lookatkat' to 6 and it seems to work once and then get the error again during the next choice. After that I manually set 'lookatkatcount' variable to 1 and it appears to have worked.
The fix is for v0.7, using it on 0.7.1 actually removes some fixes I made after that. I just left it here for the people who don't want to download the full game again, since all the bugs are fixed in both.
If you followed Kat and the variable isn't triggered, that's because I introduced it in the update after the one that introduced the scene itself. I don't remember the version number, but I remember having mentioned that you need to start a new game at the release. Same goes for this update, you need to either load a save from the morning of day 9, or start a new game and since you probably didn't restart the last time it was required, I'd do that now, otherwise it will only get worse with every update.

Reactions: PokemasterLord
Apr 16, 2019
The fix is for v0.7, using it on 0.7.1 actually removes some fixes I made after that. I just left it here for the people who don't want to download the full game again, since all the bugs are fixed in both.
If you followed Kat and the variable isn't triggered, that's because I introduced it in the update after the one that introduced the scene itself. I don't remember the version number, but I remember having mentioned that you need to start a new game at the release. Same goes for this update, you need to either load a save from the morning of day 9, or start a new game and since you probably didn't restart the last time it was required, I'd do that now, otherwise it will only get worse with every update.
I see, thanks for the heads up.

I started playing this update from the scene with Jada in the bathroom but I do have a save right at the 'Day 9' screen (I always save at those times). I missed things like this because I tried to avoid spoilers by not reading too much the thread before I actually finish playing the update.

Another issues I had were with 'of11' name not being set (probably same thing, was set at the start of the day 9 I guess; just gave a random name and it didnt bother me again), something about 'mainbgm' not being set (same thing I assume, its during the Hanna scene) and three missing renders: d10night20, d10night21 and d10night22 (on the night of day 10 with Ellie and Jada). Its the three first renders when you pick Ellie.

I will re-play from the start of day 9 and see if theres anything else happening, and if it does I can fast-skip from the start until this update scenes.

EDIT: So the 'mainbgm' error of it not being defined happened earlier this time, at the start of day 9 after Ellie leaves the bathroom, when the breakfast scene is about to start. Guess I will have to play from the start indeed.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I see, thanks for the heads up.

I started playing this update from the scene with Jada in the bathroom but I do have a save right at the 'Day 9' screen (I always save at those times). I missed things like this because I tried to avoid spoilers by not reading too much the thread before I actually finish playing the update.

Another issues I had were with 'of11' name not being set (probably same thing, was set at the start of the day 9 I guess; just gave a random name and it didnt bother me again), something about 'mainbgm' not being set (same thing I assume, its during the Hanna scene) and three missing renders: d10night20, d10night21 and d10night22 (on the night of day 10 with Ellie and Jada). Its the three first renders when you pick Ellie.

I will re-play from the start of day 9 and see if theres anything else happening, and if it does I can fast-skip from the start until this update scenes.
Yeah that's all the same issue and since followedt wasn't set, I'd really recommend to start a new save, who knows what else might be missing that hasn't caused an issue yet, but might do later on. I don't remember all the changes I've made since then, it's a lot of stuff and there are also changes at the early game you might want to see.
That's always a problem with this type of release and early access games, you cant predict every detail in adavance and changes are unavoidable :(

Apr 16, 2019
Yeah that's all the same issue and since followedt wasn't set, I'd really recommend to start a new save, who knows what else might be missing that hasn't caused an issue yet, but might do later on. I don't remember all the changes I've made since then, it's a lot of stuff and there are also changes at the early game you might want to see.
That's always a problem with this type of release and early access games, you cant predict every detail in adavance and changes are unavoidable :(
I mean it does make sense that things get changed at earlier parts when you see that you gonna need them later on, its part of the process. Dont worry, replaying it wont be a burden, it means more Ellie.

EDIT: I just noticed that the 'conditions' rpy file has most of this stuff, so one could check it for the proper values to assign when an error like the ones I had happen. Requires minimal knowledge and makes it work, tho I will end up replaying later for the added things on earlier scenes that you mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'm making a little contest on my discord where you can get a steam key for BM (that also works in germany btw), so if anyone is interested and didn't do that yet: join my discord.

I have a few Steam Keys for BM lying around, so I decided make a little giveway contest.

The condition to get one is that you create some kind of fanart for BM, a render or painting, maybe even a little side story or comic-strip, whatever you prefer. Get creative! There are 10 keys, so 10 people can get a key.
I'll give several virtual points depending on the art, that doesn't necessarily mean you need to be an artist, the idea counts most, execution is second.
Since there is an Ellie morph out there in the wild: You can of course use it, but to keep it fair to people who don't have that morph or do their fanart from scratch, I'll remove 1 virtual point if you use that morph (you can still win a key though if you use it).

You can send your art either to me directly, or post it in the #bad-memories-talk channel.
End-date will be October 31. at 11:59 pm (UTC+2), so 3 weeks from today.

I hope you'll have fun in the creation and I'm excited to see what you come up with
:ellie_happy:

Last edited:

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
One way I've seen dev's deal with stuff like this is every single choice the player makes sets a variable to true/false or 1/2. Kinda dumb when it'd make no sense for that choice to have an effect on a future scene but handy when you decide in the future to do something with a choice.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
One way I've seen dev's deal with stuff like this is every single choice the player makes sets a variable to true/false or 1/2. Kinda dumb when it'd make no sense for that choice to have an effect on a future scene but handy when you decide in the future to do something with a choice.
I do that when a variable might be necessary in the future, but I simply forget it sometimes, for example when I'm writing a scene and am in a flow.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I wanted to ask, who knows, the content that is now in the game was played for the first time. If the main story has not yet been completed, then the Rachel story tab is generally not usable at the moment and is this a groundwork for the future? Or am I missing something?
it's not implemented yet.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Why did you even include the menu entry for Rachel's Story if the content for it doesn't even exist yet? :unsure:
He is doing a psychiatric dissertation on the tendency to try (click-on in this case) things even though they do not work or respond.

We are all his guinea pigs providing valuable data

It makes his insight into our minds clearer so he can entice us with future hotties.

Now tell us about your mother......

4.40 star(s) 201 Votes