recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
FWIW I'll find a stopping point on my other projects this weekend and start porting BM over to Core v6a in prep for the next update, going over everything with a fine-toothed comb. This title deserves my best efforts so I'll always try to deliver on that. Regards.
Next update will be pretty soon, so maybe wait for it before you sart the work^^

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Next update will be pretty soon, so maybe wait for it before you sart the work^^
That's good news indeed but I have to update the mod's Core python code which will take about two days. I need to do this to prep the hooks into whatever surprise(s) you happen to have up your sleeve ;) upon release. Looking forward to it, sincerely.

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
That's good news indeed but I have to update the mod's Core python code which will take about two days. I need to do this to prep the hooks into whatever surprise(s) you happen to have up your sleeve ;) upon release. Looking forward to it, sincerely.
Nothing special code wise, I didn't change anything in the code, just added new stuff ;)

stuard :p

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
i haven't seen none.
theres been a few on here that i've seen over the years but more just gaming devs in general
i cant remember what games they were on here but they got really annoyed at having to answer people to fix their issues related to the mods

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
theres been a few on here that i've seen over the years but more just gaming devs in general
i cant remember what games they were on here but they got really annoyed at having to answer people to fix their issues related to the mods
ah that, seen some of those.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
this is good to see, i've seen too many dev's that hate modders
Tbh most devs favor when I've supplied modded product of their work and I correspond with many of them privately to assist in honing their code to be more efficient, reverb ideas off each other, etc. Others simply like when a mod generally exceeds in features and/or technique to what they have provided in the base prodcut that's simply not some shitty hack job. I'm not calling anyone out, just saying that in the dev's shoes I assume I'd be a bit moody too if someone was hacking garbage out of my project as it's very personal after so much time and emotional investment as you can imagine... it's their "baby" of sorts. A good modder respects the vision of the dev and works to enhance the product, not deprecate it. This is my point of view and opinion of course but it comes with a ton of direct feedback from devs such as drifty, stonefox, deafpervs, caribdis, madking, monkey, etc. Some don't like folks touching their work at all but those are usually the ones that don't mind "borrowing" bits of your code too (grunts)... but that's a story for another day.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
recreation Sancho1969 Haha. This is why I hate Indentation based Programming and MarkUp Languages.
I don't know about that, I have had my share of problems by misplaced {} or a misplaced ; can be a real bitch to find the problem as a missing ; in a header file will show the error someplace else in C. With that said, I still prefer C (not C++). Of course, Python is a scripting language and not really comparible to low level languages like C.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ILoveSucuk

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I don't know about that, I have had my share of problems by misplaced {} or a misplaced ; can be a real bitch to find the problem as a missing ; in a header file will show the error someplace else in C. With that said, I still prefer C (not C++). Of course, Python is a scripting language and not really comparible to low level languages like C.
Remind me of a mistake I made one day in C.
Forgotten to add the two () in a call of a function without parameters. And then wondering during two hours why nothing happen in that function... And why I cannot enter in it while debbuging the program :)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Remind me of a mistake I made one day in C.
Forgotten to add the two () in a call of a function without parameters. And then wondering during two hours why nothing happen in that function... And why I cannot enter in it while debbuging the program :)
Yup, it's usually the little things that are the most difficult to debug. I think I've had more problems with a misplaced semicolon than anything else, usually inside a header. And in Python with RenPY, I have a bad habit of adding semicolons to the end of lines sometimes. ;)

Reactions: damnedfrog
4.40 star(s) 202 Votes