• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

red_faced

Jul 23, 2020
Its under the spoiler that you don't like incest game and this is a game about incest.
It's more nuanced than that. Read it again. It's not that I "hate incest games". I just get tired of seeing games about having sex with your own family members (particularly the seemingly ubiquitous "fuck your mom and sister" simulator titles). But I also like games about having sex with your girlfriend's family members, and games with a female protagonist and lesbian harems and masturbation, all of which apply to Bad Memories.

Plus, it's just a good game with interesting characters and good writing.

I don't know why you're trying to push me out of the comment section over my signature. I can like a game even if it doesn't have 100% overlap with my preferences for what kinks are and aren't in a game.

something__else

Feb 9, 2019
I can't open the android version if there is a save.

I get this error:
File "game/00iconbutton.rpy", line 42: expected a keyword argument or child statement.
0 icon style "iconbutton_icon" properties icon_properties
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Wed Jul 27 18:52:12 2022
The only way to open the game again is to clear data, but then I loose the saves.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
One of those games i like to start from the beginning after a new update... cause i like the characters and the story behind it !

Anyway thanks for the update(s) ! (y) (kinda late to the party)
I did that on another game today. I like it enough and I play so many that I pretty much needed to replay it to remember the story! Heheh... but I didn't mind; I enjoyed the story that replaying it has been fun.

Reactions: afterlights

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Hey, i cant remember what version i played last so i've got a question

When was the last update and when is the next one supposed to happen?

I usually keep a list of the games i play/played and which version they were but for some reason Bad Memories isnt there and i cant find the saves for this either ... dunno what happened to it

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017

When was the last update and when is the next one supposed to happen?

I usually keep a list of the games i play/played and which version they were but for some reason Bad Memories isnt there and i cant find the saves for this either ... dunno what happened to it
You can always find the last time it was updated on this site on the OP.
As for the next update who really knows but the dev.
It is on Steam so it may get more frequent updates now but don't hold your breath to much.

Reactions: code991

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

last version before this was 0.7.1 made ~year ago. unless you installed os again you should have bm saves in \renpy\bad memories but if doesn't then replay is best option.

Reactions: code991

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Like a1fox said, see OP for date of latest update.

Rec doesn't give release dates, so whenever it is done. His next update will be his other game, Weird Shit is Going to Happen (which is also great, but completely different), so minimum several months for BM.
sorry for being stupid but are you refering to this:

"
Thread Updated: 2022-06-07
Release Date: 2022-06-02

"
I always thought that thing was missleading or something
What format is it anyway, year/month/day or year/day/month?

Also thank your linking the game, i was unaware the dev was working on another game, i will check it out, seems to have the tags i most like :)

Also cxx for some reason the saves are missing from there. Thats the first spot i checked after i noticed the game was missing from my list.

Anyway, thank you, if what you say is true (that the game was last updated ... a year ago?) then i most likely played the latest version. Sucks there is such a gap between updates ... i really like BM and was hoping to see a new update

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
sorry for being stupid but are you refering to this:

"
Thread Updated: 2022-06-07
Release Date: 2022-06-02

"
I always thought that thing was missleading or something
What format is it anyway, year/month/day or year/day/month?
month/day/year

American date..
Yes its year/month/day for this game/VN.

etool

Jun 14, 2021
lots of theories about Ellie on here all interesting

maybe I missed it and someone mentioned it before ... but ...

lil ole innocent Ellie may not be as innocent as she seems, yes something seems to have had something happen when she was missing, after the MC first left (or maybe she just decided to not speak to most people, she does seem to communicate with Jade)

but

when the MC first arrived and got off the bus .... Ellie was there .... the building was on fire .... she might be the one who set it ablaze and even directed mom to go find MC (the mom's meds may cause her to do things) ... Ellie knows way more then we think and is way more able then other think

just a thought

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
lots of theories about Ellie on here all interesting

maybe I missed it and someone mentioned it before ... but ...

lil ole innocent Ellie may not be as innocent as she seems, yes something seems to have had something happen when she was missing, after the MC first left (or maybe she just decided to not speak to most people, she does seem to communicate with Jade)

but

when the MC first arrived and got off the bus .... Ellie was there .... the building was on fire .... she might be the one who set it ablaze and even directed mom to go find MC (the mom's meds may cause her to do things) ... Ellie knows way more then we think and is way more able then other think

just a thought
1659629003146.png

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yes its year/month/day for this game/VN.
If you see the year first, it's always year-month-day. IMO as it's not confusing like year last, it's clearly the best way of writing dates unless you're writing dialogue where someone says "The 4th of August", since people don't speak in numbers.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
for some reason the saves are missing from there. Thats the first spot i checked after i noticed the game was missing from my list.
there should be saves unless some antivirus etc sandboxed game and you didn't notice it.

just a thought
she's far from innocent.

4.40 star(s) 199 Votes