OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
recreation Are you allowed to add to the OP a note about the Beta is NOT ready for prime time

or something?

I mean like some others here I am waiting until the proper updates goes to Steam. But I have not seen this thread this active in a good while mostly from the beta being...... well a beta
Done (y)

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I'm fairly confident that if recreation can't or doesn't have access that Twistty can possibly assist the dev make whatever more prominent (obvious) note(s) they wish. It's likely for the best to note something (they have a note about the mod which won't break anything but not a non-blessed Beta build of the VN) but I'll leave that to the dev to decide of course.
1680703010477.png

Love it

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'll be honest i wouldn't even play a beta if someone asked me to i want to play the game the way the dev intended me to play it not an early version.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Time for a new QC/beta testing crew. lol I thought Cheeky would've done that when this happened with his game, but, no. He kept us all on. Forgive and forget I guess. If I was developing a game, I would.

Anyway, I'll wait till it hits my Steam before I play.
These things get leaked all the time, and we have all enjoyed something leaked at times, of course I understand that it can bother you when it happens to you, as always humans do not feel empathy until it happens to us, but feeling with a superior morality only because don't you leak something in a pirate forum... it's ridiculous (I'm not saying it for you or for rec) but again I'm sorry, even I'm already regretting leaked the update when I see so many idiots that they are unable to realize that this is a beta and old saves don't work. But sadly what is done is done

• Angry
Reactions: EvilGood

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
These things get leaked all the time, and we have all enjoyed something leaked at times, of course I understand that it can bother you when it happens to you, as always humans do not feel empathy until it happens to us, but feeling with a superior morality only because don't you leak something in a pirate forum... it's ridiculous (I'm not saying it for you or for rec) but again I'm sorry, even I'm already regretting leaked the update when I see so many idiots that they are unable to realize that this is a beta and old saves don't work. But sadly what is done is done
I just think that anyone who leaks test versions are dumbasses. It can make the dev look bad, because the fan base will think the dev is putting out shit releases. Because nobody reads titles. They just get stoked that there's a release. Rightfully so. So, yeah. If I was a dev and a member of my QC team leaked test releases, it would be time for a new QC team.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If you look in any game thread here, you'll notice that people don't read. For some it's even too hard to read the description of a game and they'll just stop at the tags, so no matter what you type in the op, people will complain. It's always like that. A leaked beta helps nobody, it just makes the dev look bad and in the end more work (e.g reacting to complains, trying to make it clear that the beta is not meant for public).

edit: welp, too slow :cry:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
If you look in any game thread here, you'll notice that people don't read. For some it's even too hard to read the description of a game and they'll just stop at the tags, so no matter what you type in the op, people will complain. It's always like that. A leaked beta helps nobody, it just makes the dev look bad and in the end more work (e.g reacting to complains, trying to make it clear that the beta is not meant for public).

edit: welp, too slow :cry:
It's a shame that you have to deal with it now, because of an "i needed a compressed Version"-dude. :sick:

Reactions: damnedfrog

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
I just think that anyone who leaks test versions are dumbasses. It can make the dev look bad, because the fan base will think the dev is putting out shit releases. Because nobody reads titles. They just get stoked that there's a release. Rightfully so. So, yeah. If I was a dev and a member of my QC team leaked test releases, it would be time for a new QC team.
but those people are idiots, I know people who complain for complaining are always going to look for anything, the other day some guy gave a two star review to a big game here just because the game takes time to update, who cares about the opinion of someone like that???

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I forgot I worked so much on the UI personally. My dumb ass fire it up unmodded just to get a lay of the land and since I work a multi-monitor setup with two large screens in the studio I now need to make an appointment with an optometrist. I surely have severe flashburn now. So much white... my corneas are fucked :ROFLMAO:
1680704537313.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For folks who can't load some old saves... I'll do what I can to sort that. The reasons are many as a bit has changed fundamentally in the VN's "rework".
  • RenPy was updated from 7.4.11 to 7.5.3 which is a massive jump (I'm analyzing the compressed version build).
  • Character naming variables for the MC have been completely changed and no defaults or conditionals to resolve declared (a big no-no).
  • RenPy's default rollback isn't sufficient due to the rework, it must be increased.
  • Other things that are above most folk's paygrade to likely understand but I see them and can fix.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Yeah it bombs imitelly on like most of the rest of people I would think... Haven't looked into the reason just left like a good little boy... :)

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes