turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
I can't believe junk releases (aka untested buggy beta) get downloaded by anyone at all and the fact that the mods removed the old stable version of the game for whatever dumb reason even though they don't do that for a lot of other games. So anyone new to this game wanting to play is either forced to wait or play the junk release.

Reactions: Kassan06969

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can understand with my low knowledge is that the old saves will not work even in the full version, since the game updated the version of renpy and the old saves are no longer compatible, right?

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
You folks are playing a Beta that was not supposed to be released, it is incomplete and buggy - and unfit for human consumption. I would wait for the 'official release'
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
probably helps that I'm lizard person and not human certainly explains why I was able to consume it.

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
Different people have different personal standards. If that were me, I would pause the Patron. I wouldn't take money from people for work that I am not doing (or am doing very slowly) for whatever reason.

I would want to be funded for my work. I would rather not be funded for my life where -- when I otherwise have the time to do so, and don't have other things to do -- deliver content.
Who cares? If people want they can continue paying. That's their money.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
This is weird. I can't load a save from 0.7.6, but I can from the 0.6 version.
Not sure if there's any explanation for that
BETA.....................................................................................................................................................................................VERSION.......................................................................................................................................................................................GET IT?.................................................................................

enuig

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe junk releases (aka untested buggy beta) get downloaded by anyone at all and the fact that the mods removed the old stable version of the game for whatever dumb reason even though they don't do that for a lot of other games. So anyone new to this game wanting to play is either forced to wait or play the junk release.
People forget that, ultimately, this is a piracy website. But at the same time, a broken release isn't good for the scene, particularly if it can potentially mess with peoples saves.

Personally, I would the last major realise as the main download, and any beta builds listed separately with a warning. That is, rather than having the beta release as the one-and-only download.

Reactions: Multi27 and MD27

enuig

Oct 29, 2017
Who cares? If people want they can continue paying. That's their money.
No doubt. I would just feel weird about it, if it were me. I wouldn't want to be a charity or (with certain games) do a minimal amount of work, releasing once every year or so.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
You folks are playing a Beta that was not supposed to be released, it is incomplete and buggy - and unfit for human consumption. I would wait for the 'official release'
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
LOL that message induced me to not even download it, which is a shame because I've not played the game before and would like to play the parts that aren't FUBAR. Even so, a part of the reason this site exists is to give free beta testing. It would be nice if folks were polite while pointing out the bugs and glitches but at the end of the day that may be a foolish expectation and far too much to ask.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Anyone else having trouble loading their old games? I get errors in a lot of my saves and some of them convert my character to male.
Beta version. Is still buggy af and should never be released, just because of all these problems.

Reactions: red_faced

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
LOL that message induced me to not even download it, which is a shame because I've not played the game before and would like to play the parts that aren't FUBAR. Even so, a part of the reason this site exists is to give free beta testing. It would be nice if folks were polite while pointing out the bugs and glitches but at the end of the day that may be a foolish expectation and far too much to ask.
Your logic is sound - assuming old Saves loaded, images were not missing and generally a mess that should not be here!
Enjoy the main release when it drops - it is a great game and a lot of fun! :>)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
love the game recreation ... only 1 issue i got .... but other than that and a couple words misspelled ... great job :love:

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes