graybluered1

Jul 23, 2017
I didn't have any real issues aside from the standard issues when using a modded / likely non-comp save file so I just skipped and made my 'main route' choices to get back to the where the last update left off. That was some good development, I assume since its a beta there is plenty that isn't in here yet though. But from what is in here it runs fine. I might also add that was one hell of a cliff hanging moment. Though I did suspect 'something' along those lines would happen eventually With
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. But yeah really can't wait for more of the story.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah, I forgot about the other part of the script where it's not set to zero, thanks.
Another oldie but goodie bug: repeating P-Test label due to unchanged var:

Current code that the Player can loop through endlessly by choosing over and over:
Corrected so the label works the way you intended, plus you can use the var to check it's condition in the future if you desire:

Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Well... Houston, we have a problem (but I have a solution). There is a choice during a date with an LI (who I shall not spoil out of respect) that has a label jump to a label that does not yet exist. I'm going to make a "patch" for this issue since it's a "beta" anyway, and I'll present the standard notifier that I recommend a save point before it occurs.

In other words, (as has been posted numerous times) this is indeed a beta and NOT complete. I can make it all work unbroken but know that I can't/won't create content, but I can seamlessly patch it all to function properly for what is here. I've made notes so I know where all the many fixes and patches I coded are so I can check them upon the actual release whenever that occurs.

That said I'm still on the fence whether I submit the mod update for beta when I'm done. That's it, just thought I'd share the info. Regards.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
SanchoNote

Well... Houston, we have a problem (but I have a solution). There is a choice during a date with an LI (who I shall not spoil out of respect) that has a label jump to a label that does not yet exist. I'm going to make a "patch" for this issue since it's a "beta" anyway, and I'll present the standard notifier that I recommend a save point before it occurs.

In other words, (as has been posted numerous times) this is indeed a beta and NOT complete. I can make it all work unbroken but know that I can't/won't create content, but I can seamlessly patch it all to function properly for what is here. I've made notes so I know where all the many fixes and patches I coded are so I can check them upon the actual release whenever that occurs.

That said I'm still on the fence whether I submit the mod update for beta when I'm done. That's it, just thought I'd share the info. Regards.
Well, if nothing else it is probably good practice. Modding fubar game updates is a challenge and rising to a challenge only makes you better.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, if nothing else it is probably good practice. Modding fubar game updates is a challenge and rising to a challenge only makes you better.
Honestly, nothing I ain't done hundreds of times before. I fix stuff constantly while working with most devs... it's part of the process tbh.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dantarium

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
SanchoNote

Honestly, for games as good as Bad memories, alpha and betas really shouldn't be leaked. I'd much rather wait a bit longer myself, and get the stable release with an uninterrupted experience than a release with bugs, errors and potentially missing/skipped content due to bugs and what not. Hell, no telling what'd happen to your saves on those if things gets introduced then deleted on the final release... Then again, it's one of the very games I don't mind starting from scratch, with no text skipping either.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
dang search bar must be broke again... :p
it is always broken. :p

and some don't want to play with mod.

IS A LITTLE "TOO LITTLE" FOR SUCH A LONG WAITING, i HOPE WE'LL GET ANOTHER UPDATE SOON
1. don't yell.
2. do you know what beta means?
3. if you know then why the hell did you dl beta version which is meant for bug hunting?
4. if you don't then you are totally something.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
so i have a crash issue after replaying the entire game (as the old save insta crashed)
anyone have a reason for that or does the dev already know and its just a beta thing ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so i have a crash issue after replaying the entire game (as the old save insta crashed)
anyone have a reason for that or does the dev already know and its just a beta thing ?
I know the scene you are referencing but I had zero issue with that particular one. Attach (don't copy/paste in the post but physically attach the file) your traceback.txt and I'll figure out what wrong on your end.
1680909090727.png

4.40 star(s) 202 Votes