quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Doesn't work on my MacBook, even with the fixes mentioned.

Game always closing itself after like 1 second.
I tested the new release, and the fix I posted at https://f95zone.to/threads/bad-memories-v0-8-recreation.28008/post-6880190 is working for me, but I edited the post with a minor alteration which might help you. Worth a try. If it still doesn't work, you can build your own Mac version with the RenPy SDK (use 7.5.3 to match what was used for the released game). This is simple and fairly self-explanatory once you've downloaded the SDK. Ignore most of the options (i.e. leave on defaults) and uncheck the option to build a PC version so you get only a Mac build.

If none of this works and you're getting an error message when the game closes, post your MacOS version and the error.

Reactions: recreation

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The second to last scene, when Rachel comes into the MC's room, at the point where they hear Katherine scream, it jumps to an image of Rachel blowing the MC despite not being on her path. Obviously this is with a male MC. I'm unsure if something similar occurs with a female MC.
It happens with Female protagonist as well. There's no conditional concession currently if the Player has "RachelEnd" or not. This is a bug for sure. recreation, make note bud, I didn't note this one for you in Final. It's due to mend needing a conditional inside label "d12ward". Easily fixed, you'll see when you look at the label.

Instead of:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Should be something like:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasy

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
Negative. Final is the corrected and public version of the private testing version previously known as "Beta" which was never supposed to see public eyeballs (and caused quite the drama and issues in this and the mod's thread). TBH folks were told even by me to wait... experience the VN as the dev intended but if you didn't then you'll be fine later with your "Beta" save(s)... well for sure with the mod and I'm assuming un-modded as I don't control that one of course.

Bottom-line: The content of the private testing version (aka "Beta") is the same as v0.8 Final. The only difference is code you won't even know about that's a layup for next update and to sort some Steam issues.
Thanks for the info

Reactions: Sancho1969

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It happens with Female protagonist as well. There's no conditional concession currently if the Player has "RachelEnd" or not. This is a bug for sure. recreation, make note bud, I didn't note this one for you in Final. It's due to mend needing a conditional inside label "d12ward". Easily fixed, you'll see when you look at the label.

Instead of:
Should be something like:
Thanks, but there's just an image(condition)switch missing^^"

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Easy solution.
I absolutely despise memes... but that's funny right there.

Wtih that, y'all have a good evening. Sancho's Q&A is a wrap for tonight. Live video podcast coming soon, join us next update for another exciting episode with even more real-time call-ins answered by your favorite devs and modders. (That's all bullshit, I'm just kiddin'). Take care.

Antuuthu

Nov 2, 2018
I get in to the house i met the family, i find the girl in my bed (day13-14) and after that i cant go in her room the mom pops in here and there but every room is empty i cant go out and in my room i only can sleep / use laptop or w8 for them but basically nothing happens just this over and over and the days past by. (Sorry for my english i try to explain the best i can)
I Have the same problem myself, I try to go out side, am told I do not need to go out yet, I go to the kitchen sometimes Rachel is cleaning the floor in the kitchen, or in the living room, I can't go into the sister's room, cuz I have not need to go in there. Only room I can do anything is in the mc's room. To either nap, look for Lily or Rachel, or turn on pc, until it says its the next day, then its the same, can't do anything.

First time ever this has happened to me

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Don't sweat it. Make a fresh install of the VN in a differently named directory and install the mod into that (so you keep your original VN and it's associated directory structure if you wish) then try your old saves... I reckon you'll see quite the difference. I don't and won't guarantee 100% but you should get at least 90% unless the save is extremely old.. in that case a fresh start is always recommended tbh as there was a Jada issue some versions back (can't recall which off the top of my head atm).
I don't understand what that means at all. I'm 49 and all but computer illiterate past the Commodore 64 level. My saves are last release. No idea how you would make it in a "differently named directory" or even what that is.

Antuuthu

Nov 2, 2018
Fixed it, I restarted the game, and when I chose to go with Rachel to get coffee, everything worked fine. It was when i chose to just walk away, I had the problem.

Reactions: recreation

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
I get in to the house i met the family, i find the girl in my bed (day13-14) and after that i cant go in her room the mom pops in here and there but every room is empty i cant go out and in my room i only can sleep / use laptop or w8 for them but basically nothing happens just this over and over and the days past by. (Sorry for my english i try to explain the best i can)
having the same issue

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
This is inherently false. A game in development is susceptible to multiple changes through out its lifecycle. Look into Agile development and see how often things can change. This is particularly true of creative-type works where an idea is thrown out in favor of another.
They should have their shit together long before this. Have a flowchart and all variables there from the start. Nobody wants to start again from the beginning after hours of play. No sane person anyway. I patron games that will work with saves from like 2019. I've dropped patronage from several games that made old saves not work. Not hard to set it up so all that shit is set from the start. Remember the 7 P's. Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Fixed it, I restarted the game, and when I chose to go with Rachel to get coffee, everything worked fine. It was when i chose to just walk away, I had the problem.
Checked that part and there's nothing that would make the script stop working. I think restarting the game might've fixed it for you.

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
Definitely too short because it's good, I didn't expect Steph's situation. The only big problem is it's been 2 updates without new lewd scenes with Ellie, but with her story i'm sure she will need some affections later.

Reactions: Yngling

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
I'm about to happily play it from the beginning again. Guess that makes me insane. Or just that I like the game and don't mind replaying stuff I've already seen. Not like this is AAA game development. And even those come out broken as hell these days. I think Rec does a great job making it work from release to release. Pretty sure this game development thing is a lot harder than it seems.

4.40 star(s) 201 Votes